UK UK - Jack O'Sullivan, 22, left friends after night out, last seen Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way, Bristol at 3.15am, 2 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jacks family have set up an excellent website with a good amount of info regarding his disappearance.
The CCTV images labelled "CCTV 6" and "CCTV 6 Wide View" on that site are interesting:

"CCTV 6" is the image I've seen reported before. It shows a person (not confirmed to be Jack, but seems likely) walking South/East on Bennett Way.
CCTV6-1.jpg

"CCTV 6 Wide View" is an image from the same camera but not cropped/zoomed. However, the circled section of the image is a completely different area to the zoomed image of "CCTV 6". It's hard to see anything from the still image but if the red circle+arrow is correct then that would show a person walking on Hotwell Road - presumably in the direction of the Clifton Bridge.
CCTV-6-Wide-View.webp

edit: sorry, seems this has been reported before but I must have missed it. The timestamp of the CCTV image shows 05:38 - what has he been doing for 2 hours between 3:30 and 5:30 having only moved about half a mile?

Last edited:
I came across Jack on the Dillon Duffy page a couple of days ago. I only live an hour or so away from Bristol so it saddened me this is the first time I have saw it. Sorry if this has been asked before but have the police spoke to people who may have drove past Jack the night of his disappearance ? It’s just so peculiar, he seems to have vanished into thin air. Im glad his page is gathering more recognition now. Is it a possibility he’s gone into the water as I read he was walking away from the water. Sorry I am just trying to catch up with everything. I hope his poor parents get some answers soon.

I came across Jack on the Dillon Duffy page a couple of days ago. I only live an hour or so away from Bristol so it saddened me this is the first time I have saw it. Sorry if this has been asked before but have the police spoke to people who may have drove past Jack the night of his disappearance ? It’s just so peculiar, he seems to have vanished into thin air. Im glad his page is gathering more recognition now. Is it a possibility he’s gone into the water as I read he was walking away from the water. Sorry I am just trying to catch up with everything. I hope his poor parents get some answers soon.
Yes I believe that the police have looked at number plates from the CAZ cameras and contacted a number of taxi drivers that were in the area.
I’m not sure if they have only does this for around 3am or if they have included later times when Jacks phone pinged near Granby Hill.
How well the footage has been reviewed by the police is a point of contention. The family have hired a private investigator and have consulted with cyber experts so hopefully this will uncover more information.

Is is conceivable for that part of the River Avon to take someone out to sea?
It probably would depend on which side of the lock he fell on; if he fell on the Clifton Suspension Bridge / Avon Gorge side then it is conceivable. It is very tidal and not that far from the Severn Estuary.

But there's also a hell of a lot of river mud along that stretch; more plausible IMHO is that he was caught in some mud, and either held below the water line or his body became covered in additional layers of mud. There are some pictures of the mud here mud – Avon Stories and as the river levels rise and fall 13 metres twice a day with the tides (the second highest range in the world - it comes from the Severn Estuary after all, which has long been the site of a proposed tidal energy barrage) (source: Part 2 - The Middle of the Bridge - Clifton Suspension Bridge ) it's not hard to think that a body could be covered by mud quite quickly.

MOO, and I'm no expert on river flows, just local.

Yes I believe that the police have looked at number plates from the CAZ cameras and contacted a number of taxi drivers that were in the area.
I’m not sure if they have only does this for around 3am or if they have included later times when Jacks phone pinged near Granby Hill.
How well the footage has been reviewed by the police is a point of contention. The family have hired a private investigator and have consulted with cyber experts so hopefully this will uncover more information.
Thank you for the information. From what I gather the police haven’t done much at all. I am not one who goes around slamming our emergency services but I do think this poor family have been let down. I hope the private investigator can bring some answers. Jack seems like a well grounded, sensible young man with his whole life ahead of him, this is beyond sad.

It’s now been more than four months since Jack, who was 22 at the time, was seen walking home from a party in the Hotwells area of the city on 2 March, at 3.13am.

Two further sightings likely to be him were made at 3.25am, and then at 3.38am.

According to Avon and Somerset Police, he also attempted to call a friend at 3.24am - but when the friend called back, Jack answered before the call was cut off.

A major search operation has since taken place involving family, friends and police with leaflets offering a £20,000 reward put up around the area he was last seen.

It’s now been more than four months since Jack, who was 22 at the time, was seen walking home from a party in the Hotwells area of the city on 2 March, at 3.13am.

Two further sightings likely to be him were made at 3.25am, and then at 3.38am.

According to Avon and Somerset Police, he also attempted to call a friend at 3.24am - but when the friend called back, Jack answered before the call was cut off.

A major search operation has since taken place involving family, friends and police with leaflets offering a £20,000 reward put up around the area he was last seen.
I’m glad to see that more people are becoming aware of Jack’s disappearance now. It must be frustrating for families when their loved ones don’t receive as much media attention as other cases.

Hopefully the cyber team can give the family some answers, which will help locate Jack.

It would be interesting to get more information about the data use.
Firstly, is it abnormal? He might have some automatic scheduled backups or something running through the night and the data use might not even mean he was actively using the phone.
Does the usage "equivalent to a 9 minute video" mean there was 9 minutes of heavy data use? Or is it small usage (like web browsing) over a longer period which used about the same total as a 9 minute video would have done?
What time was the last data use? Did it stop before the phone dropped off the network at 6:44 or was it in use right up until that time?

Another interesting quote from his mum in that article:
I woke up at 5.20am and called several times and it rang for four or five tones before going to voicemail. The phone was still on.
I sent him a WhatsApp at 5.30am, asking “where are you?”. It delivered at 5.40am, but I heard nothing back. We then know his phone stopped working on the network at 6.44am.
10 minutes to deliver a WhatsApp message seems like a long time? We know the phone was on and had phone signal because she tried phoning first. That could mean his phone has a poor data signal - which would be surprising, I'd expect the area he was in to have a strong signal (I wonder if the phone is submerged or inside a thick-walled building at that point?).
This also puts more doubt onto the accuracy of the Find-My-Friends app. It wouldn't effect GPS so the phone would know it's location but it needs a data signal to be able to share that location. If the data connection drops for a while it wouldn't be able to update the location and, presumably, would look to others like the phone was not moving?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cshh74
Back