UK - James Bulger, 2, abducted & murdered, Merseyside, 12 Feb 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed, they were savages. The only point to raise about the batteries aspect is that apparently the boys got quite agitated when it was suggested about them being placed in James and definitely didnt want to come across as 'perverts'. Placing in them in his rectum would be more of a sexual thing than his mouth.

"The terms of their release also barred them from entering the County of Merseyside, and from making contact with each other."

Maybe he broke one of the two above?

Rules they have to follow:

JON Venables and Robert Thompson were released from prison on life licence with the following conditions which specifically ban them from:

Attempting to contact each other;

Attempting to contact any members of the Bulger family; and

Entering Merseyside without written consent from a probation officer When released on licence, lifers and other prisoners must also:

Keep in touch with their supervising officer;

Receive visits from their supervising officer at home;

Reside permanently at an address approved by the supervising officer and notify them of any change of address;

Undertake only work approved by the supervising officer;

Not travel outside the United Kingdom without permission of the supervising officer; and

Be well behaved, not commit any offence and not do anything which could undermine the purposes of supervision.
If at any stage probation officers believe the behaviour of Venables or Thompson has deteriorated, or they are taking drugs, they have the power to request they are recalled to jail.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2877657/Cover-up-for-a-killer.html

From that same articl

According to reports, Venables was sent back to jail after a series of violent bust-ups.
He was said to be a drug abuser with a crazed temper who regularly takes cocaine and ecstasy.

Last night it was still not known if he had committed another crime or had violated a condition such as the ban on him returning to Merseyside, where he and Thompson, then aged ten, murdered James

Thanks for the link luckyducky. I didn't see a picture of Venables I only saw a picture of Jamie Bulger's father. It the parole board finds him guilty does he go away for life now?

I would like to know that too. I hope so. I remember when this horrid crime happened and feel so bad for this little boy and all who love him.

The video camera shot of little James trustingly walking with these monsters is heartbreaking.

I saw the picture of the dad. I don't think they will show a picture of the criminals because they gave them new identities and keep them anonymous.

Sickening.

Over the years I have received email petitions claiming that Jon Venables and Robert Thompson were being sent to Australia with new identities. Totally untrue - there was also a rumour that one of the boys had actually raped and murdered a young boy in Perth Austrailia.

I just knew the world would be hearing about him again.

The merciless, heinous, torture/murder of little James was just the beginning of what these monsters could do. I consider it their 'warm up'.

We already know what they were capable of as children. Just imagine the pain they can inflict as drug addicted, rage-filled adults.

They need to be locked up- forever.

I totally agree. I guess because they themselves were so young at the time of the murder. But the horror of it - that in itself should have made it necessary to change the law. I was quite surprised when they published pictures of the 2 of them though and their names as well - that information is kept private here in Canada - not sure about in the U.S.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/8546528.stm

One of the killers of two-year-old James Bulger is back in prison after breaching the terms of his release, the Ministry of Justice has said.

Jon Venables, now 27, and his friend, Robert Thompson, murdered James in Bootle, Merseyside, in 1993. Both killers were aged just 10 at the time.

They were given life sentences, but released in 2001 with new identities and under certain licence conditions.

The ministry did not detail the nature of Venables' breach of his licence.

imo

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...les/index.html

Bulger killing anger revived as killer back in custody:furious:

London, England (CNN) -- Nearly two decades after the killing of toddler James Bulger by two 10-year-old boys in a suburb of Liverpool, what remains one of Britain's most notorious child murders this week proved once again it has the power to shock and outrage.

Seen at the time as symbolic of a flawed society, the killing of Bulger -- whose poignant last moments being led to his death were caught by security camera -- continues to be dissected by a country still struggling to comprehend the crime.
This came to a head nine years ago when British authorities provoked anger by releasing the killers, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, just eight years into the life sentences they received for attacking and torturing Bulger and dumping his battered body on a railway track.
And the fury resurfaced this week with confirmation that one of the two boys, Jon Venables, now a 27-year-old man, was placed back in police custody after breaching the conditions of his release.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03/03/uk.bulger.venables/index.html

let me get this straight. they got life sentences, and not only were they out in 9 years, the goverment basically gave them a clean slate with new idienties.

im glad the u.s courts aren the only ones with morons running them

this is interesting in light of a few recent child killers. I think some of us wonder if they can truly be rehabilitated or not. partly this is the reason there is a huge fury over not telling the public WHY venables has been recalled. supposedly it can be for anything including making contact with the victim's family.
this article says that supposedly he'd been on drugs since release (which that cant be the sole reason because they've known it all along, why they let that slide and not see where it was headed is anyone's guess...) and that now he has attacked a coworker hence the recall.

there was another case of two boys torturing and nearly killing two other who were recently sentenced to something similar to bulger's murderers. time will tell I guess. Mary Bell for example never reoffended.

IMO I do think rehabilitation should be the first try. normal happy kids dont do these things - if they do, something was seriously wrong and there are always plenty of warning signs. it seems the signs are ignored until it's too late and now they are monsters and who knows if they have a chance?

I know I am talking a big game as my two kids are right here perfectly fine and maybe I would have different things to say if I lost one to a severely damaged child... but I like to believe I could accept that the blame doesnt lie with the kids - it lies with their parents and every single entity that ignored the warning signs.

2goldfish, I ask the same thing. Why are they protecting Venables? He's not a child anymore. He's a killer all grown up, and there is no reason to protect him any longer. If I lived there, I'd want to know what he was doing and where he was, if only so I could keep my kids far away from him.

Jamie Bulger didn't get any protection, why should his killers?

2goldfish, I ask the same thing. Why are they protecting Venables? He's not a child anymore. He's a killer all grown up, and there is no reason to protect him any longer. If I lived there, I'd want to know what he was doing and where he was, if only so I could keep my kids far away from him.

Jamie Bulger didn't get any protection, why should his killers?
We share the same thoughts!Denise Fergus,Jamie's mother agrees & says.......
"Venables was given anonymity because he committed an offence as a child. Denise believes he should lose that anonymity now he has committed an offence, as an adult, that was a breach of his parole..."

(Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tity-Jamie-Bulger-murderer.html#ixzz0hJQANVnq)

This case makes me so sad, everytime anything to do with it comes up it puts a sadness through me that i can't explain. What those children did to that poor boy is horrifying, When they were given new identities i remember feeling cheated, and how angry his poor parents must have been. I also always remember the lady who seen the three of them after James had taken his first beating, and how terrible she must feel for seeing James bleeding from the head with those two kids, and for only telling them to take him to the police station, and not taking him there herself. In truth i want to jump into the memory and shake her into realising what to do.
There is alot of media coverage over this and pressure for the reasons of his arrest to be revealed, there are rumours that he assaulted someone whilst on drugs and alcohol, but who knows. Hopefully he won't be released again, but i can say with almost 100% confidence that if other prisoners learn of his identity, It'll be a hard job to keep him safe. Or maybe thats just me hoping.

I hope your having nothing but sweet dreams sweet James

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn
Back