GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture of the brickwall on Longwood Lane near to where i believe Jo's body was found, take a look at the height of the wall & decide for yourself if you think CJ or RS would of been able to get her body over it ?? I would fancy CJ to be able to do that, but some women can be a bit cack-handed if you know what i mean ?? (no offence)

longwood.jpg

Also i havent noticed anyone pick up on the Police have named this investigation 'Operation Braid' perhaps the word 'Braid' has a clue to what they know or possibly have as a piece of evidence ??

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braid

Operation names are chosen centrally. There is a central computer that picks them alphabetically. So one force could be given "Operation Aardvark" and the next force to call given "Operation Balloon" and so on.
In general if the name of the operation gives away operational details it will be changed unless there is significant "marketing" to be had.

For example the Met police have a London wide anti knifecrime operation called "Op Blunt".

Operation names are chosen centrally. There is a central computer that picks them alphabetically. So one force could be given "Operation Aardvark" and the next force to call given "Operation Balloon" and so on.
In general if the name of the operation gives away operational details it will be changed unless there is significant "marketing" to be had.

For example the Met police have a London wide anti knifecrime operation called "Op Blunt".

That's really interesting to know. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the info, CrackBerry, and welcome to WS.

It's official. I will have to put myself in the swigging/guzzling camp. (are you with me Niff and Squid??)

I don't see anything unusual in Jo's behaviour. I would pick up a couple of drinks on a Friday night, after working all week (let alone during holiday season) if my spouse was going to be away and I was going to hang around at home. I might leave one until then next night (or I might not). Same thing with the pizza. While I couldn't plow through a thick crust pizza, if I was really hungry, I could eat a good portion of a thin crust pizza. (I'm about Jo's size. ....well, I might have put on 5- 10 pounds in the last 10 years but I'm much older than her!)

Having said that, during the presser today LE said that the cider and pizza "was relevant" to the investigation. So, even though I don't think it strange to buy what she did, I think they are looking at info that we aren't privy to, and perhaps it is informative!

It's official. I will have to put myself in the swigging/guzzling camp. (are you with me Niff and Squid??)

I don't see anything unusual in Jo's behaviour. I would pick up a couple of drinks on a Friday night, after working all week (let alone during holiday season) if my spouse was going to be away and I was going to hang around at home. I might leave one until then next night (or I might not). Same thing with the pizza. While I couldn't plow through a thick crust pizza, if I was really hungry, I could eat a good portion of a thin crust pizza. (I'm about Jo's size. ....well, I might have put on 5- 10 pounds in the last 10 years but I'm much older than her!)

Having said that, during the presser today LE said that the cider and pizza "was relevant" to the investigation. So, even though I don't think it strange to buy what she did, I think they are looking at info that we aren't privy to, and perhaps it is informative!

I'm in that camp too and I think I'm about the same size/build as Jo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12108338

Just saw this link and thought id share it! Does anyone think that maybe Jo was slightly tipsy after her drink with work mates and after going home and drinking more (the cider), locked herself out of her flat by accident? Say to put something like the pizza packaging in the wheelie bin outside? This would explain why her coat/bag/purse were still in her flat? Maybe she then walked to a friends house, as she had no mobile phone on her and then was attacked en route? This is my theory anyway! I think the above link changes a lot though as they are ruling out sexual attack but not sexual relations? Which could imply that she had consensual sex with her attacker?

Welcome to WS, Cadfael.

Yes, I've thought about the "locked self out" scenario, as it does solve the coat/bag/purse left in the flat.

As for the BBC link, I'm wondering about the "no sign of sexual assault" versus the "refusing to rule out a sexual motive" conundrum. What are they trying to tell us?

My partner is convinced that she was having an affair and it was a possible sex game which went badly wrong. The two bottles of cider suggest that maybe the plan was to meet somebody back in her flat? My only doubt with this theory is that surely if the murder did indeed take place in the flat then her partner would have noticed the mess on the flat straight away? If she was indeed strangled in the flat ( going on the premise my boyfriend is wrong and it wasnt a consensual sex act gone wrong), then the flat would have been in a state of disarray , and even going on the reports that they were a messy couple, the boyfriend would have noticed straight away?

There is a lot which doesn't add up in this case and the fact the police haven't released many of the vital pieces of information, make most scenarios seem likely! Such a tragic case and waste of a young life.

My partner is convinced that she was having an affair and it was a possible sex game which went badly wrong. The two bottles of cider suggest that maybe the plan was to meet somebody back in her flat? My only doubt with this theory is that surely if the murder did indeed take place in the flat then her partner would have noticed the mess on the flat straight away? If she was indeed strangled in the flat ( going on the premise my boyfriend is wrong and it wasnt a consensual sex act gone wrong), then the flat would have been in a state of disarray , and even going on the reports that they were a messy couple, the boyfriend would have noticed straight away?

There is a lot which doesn't add up in this case and the fact the police haven't released many of the vital pieces of information, make most scenarios seem likely! Such a tragic case and waste of a young life.

(Great name-choice for WS, by the way!) In the scenario related to having an affair, I would imagine the action taking place at the other person's residence, but the police seem convinced that Joanna did make it back to her flat that night. If she did not, that would account for the lack of a homicide scene at Canynge Road, and perhaps, as well, the missing pizza. But then of course there are her coat, bag, and purse - but these could have been placed there later, I suppose.

How about the other tenants... it is strange no one heard or saw anything despite Laurence Penney, Peter Stanley and C/J being home that night; How odd was Laurence Penney's comment.. that he assumed Joanna had 'absconded' or something. That doesn't strike me as being a normal choice or words under the circumstances. All 3 of these men were at the site that we all assume she disappeared/was abducted from. Your thoughts?

I definitely think she did make it home that night, even if just very briefly to drop some items home, and the police seem certain of this so i am guessing they are holding something back, as like you have just stated there is a possibility that those personal items could have been placed there later on. The whole missing pizza thing is bizarre though. I can't see why it would have been taken from her flat, when the two bottles of cider were left there? Is it a possibility that she lost the pizza on the way home, whilst looking for her house keys? I must say i do think that she was meeting somebody later on that night, whether it be a lover or friend and the locked out theory would explain a lot? The sighting of the 4x4,will hopefully lead to somewhere, although having relatives in Clifton and having visited many times, many residents do have 4x4's. So we can only hope that this does lead somewhere and soon.

How about the other tenants... it is strange no one heard or saw anything despite Laurence Penney, Peter Stanley and C/J being home that night; How odd was Laurence Penney's comment.. that he assumed Joanna had 'absconded' or something. That doesn't strike me as being a normal choice or words under the circumstances. All 3 of these men were at the site that we all assume she disappeared/was abducted from. Your thoughts?

I havent read this yet! Do you have the link as this is VERY interesting and i agree a very strange choice of phrase. I have often wondered why nobody heard anything, if the attack took place in the flat. I figured that Jefferies was indeed out that night as he did state that on his return he thought he saw Yeates with 2 others outside. As he stated that this was fabrication and a distortion of his original statement, are we certain if he was in or out that night? I do think he is innocent of this crime, however if he were in then this would suggest he heard something?? Sorry i went on a bit here! I am new to sleuthing and find everyone's comments fascinating!

Here is a picture of the brickwall on Longwood Lane near to where i believe Jo's body was found, take a look at the height of the wall & decide for yourself if you think CJ or RS would of been able to get her body over it ?? I would fancy CJ to be able to do that, but some women can be a bit cack-handed if you know what i mean ?? (no offence)

longwood.jpg

Another newbie from the UK :wave:

I think there is a lot of confusion as to exactly where Joanna's body was found, I believe this to be the spot

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yfH0fL8TFy1SUZxIrSS6HZr3j4gfiW_O9KK-8PUSR-I?feat=directlink

I hope the link works, I am having trouble getting the IMG to appear.

I think this shows more clearly how the body could have laid for so long without being noticed, especially with the heavy snow that fell in the area the night of 17/18th.

I am not convinced of the BF's innocence. Main reasons being

1 Leaving it so long to report her missing, parents claim to have known within "30 minutes of entering the flat" that they knew she had been abducted.... why didn't alarm bells ring immediately when he got home? the flat must have looked more or less the same as it had when he left for Sheffield on the friday eve, she had done none of the planned baking and cleaning, the cat was going mad - dont add up imho

2 Despite what is claimed, the police have not catergorically stated that he is not a suspect, there is a lot of specualtion/finger pointing on the internet (he even referred to it in his statement) why wont the police state that they have ruled him out of a suspect?

3 Body language at press conference (the first of which seems to have disappeared from the internet!!!) and body language at laying of flowers - I read a really interesting analysis of it early on in the thread..... sorry it's 1am so too tired to trawl back through.

Great to be here..... look forward to sharing with you all.

I dont think that her or Gregg had been in work that day, they had been for lunch that afternoon in the other local pub they usually visited, the order of the day certainly doesnt make sense, especially with Gregg having to drive at least 3hrs to Sheffield ?? Personally i cant see why he didnt plan to go Sheffield on the Saturday, that way he could of been at the drink up with the work colleagues ??

Seeing as they work together they may have taken their lunch break together. Also the drinks after work may be something that happens every friday night. At my old job that was the case but I didn't always go if I had something else planned

let me go bak and see what I can find. I think it was the Daily Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member