GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's spell it out : Christmas abroad already planned; need to borrow car for airport perhaps already discussed; airport chaos already a factor; murder committed Friday evening;

In response.

Are you suggesting the killer crossed the bridge in daylight to dump the body then?

It would appear so, otherwise anyone crossing the bridge, in the very early hours overnight, hours after a murder, would look very suspicious to me.

It has to be one or the other. Either he dumped the body in broad daylight to blend in with normal daytime traffic, and appear normal, or he stood out like a lighthouse crossing the bridge in the wee small hours. Under the circumstances, that kind of movement should be very hard to explain away, next door neighbour taken into account.

Anyway, no point going any further with this. I know how it looks from my point of view.

Where was body held?

Re:

Myserty64

Does this mean Joanna was dumped earlier than Christmas morning?
(my italics)

The evidence captures what detectives believe to be the murderer driving over Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol the morning after killing landscape architect Miss Yeates, on his way to dumping her body three miles away in a lane in nearby Failand.
The images were caught by cameras on the bridge on December 18, the day after Miss Yeates, 25, vanished. It is understood that Avon and Somerset Police have had the footage for three weeks.

REPLYING TO YOUR POST MYSTERY:)

DID PERP POSSIBLY DRIVE TO LONGWOOD LANE, park car and hide body in the woods, somewhere off the bike trail? Then return on bike with the objective of carrying the body and dumping it over the Quarry Wall?

Maybe disturbed (He leaves body on the Verge) and takes a runner back into
the woods, then exits the wood and runs across the road to get as far away from the scene as possible? I am putting this activity with him returning for the body as Christmas Eve. That would match up with the guy dashing across the road Christmas Eve around 5.30 pm witnessed by a resi of Failand. He then returns for his bike at some point.
I could be way off here>

This at least explains the guy running which was always a question for me.

It's been reported that the missing sock is believed to have been used to wipe the crime scene and not for strangulation.

Also being reported is that the girlfriend of the man in custody was at a party 30 miles from Bristol at the time Jo Yeates disappeared.

Are you suggesting the killer crossed the bridge in daylight to dump the body then?

Well, let's say Phillb that I'm attributing perhaps higher credibility than you are to certain statements or hints from sources including certain newspaper which seem to me to have demonstrated that they have an inside source and to certain participants on this forum who have demonstrated the same to my satisfaction. On that basis, it does rather look to me as though, however improbable it may seem, that may be the best interpretation of the known data which those in full possession of that data have reached.

If a hypothetical perp had already dumped the body in the night of 17-18, he might well still have been unable to resist a very short detour to Longwood Lane on his way to the airport the following day, to see how things were.

Alternatively, perhaps the date of holiday departure was later and body kept for a while in holdall... Don't know. Just hypothesising about what those who know more than I do are thinking.

If a hypothetical perp had already dumped the body in the night of 17-18, he might well still have been unable to resist a very short detour to Longwood Lane on his way to the airport the following day, to see how things were.
But he would have had to have crossed the bridge in the early hours wouldn't he?

You can't get out of that fact.

Perhaps a case of having to wait for more evidence. If the person was abroad for a while they'd have to wait, watch and then decide when they had enough other pieces in place (or a helpful call) and then go in.

And in the meantime, we'll just haul old CJ in on suspicion of murder because there were a few discrepancies in what he thought he saw. Unbelievable isn't it?

And in the meantime, we'll just haul old CJ in on suspicion of murder because there were a few discrepancies in what he thought he saw. Unbelievable isn't it?

We should all be very afraid. I hope CJ issues a statement to this effect.

It appears to me that the Daily Mail knows quite a lot about what has been going on behind the scenes, and I get the impression that Aneurin knows something about it too and perhaps that he has more right to such knowledge than the Daily Mail.
It's been suggested in this thread several times that the police knew more than they were letting on and indeed were looking more for clinching evidence than new ideas.

Mrs Yeates" remark about "did anyone lend you a car?" now appears too appropriate to VT to have been pure chance.

do you mean "or did anyone borrow your car"?..... he didn't have a car to "lend" did he?

What's Happened To The Landlord?

Martin Brunt January 23, 2011 10:32 AM

http://blogs.news.sky.com/lifeofcrime/Post:1566b8f1-f210-438a-b32a-478881bf73e6

Thanks for the link, I guess we are all intrigued as to what will now happen to LL's status.
Not an admirer of Mr Blunt personally - I recall his bizarre "I know who did it" blogs that came out of Portugal.
On a slightly lighter note, did anyone read down to the comments under the article, and note the "escape goat" :waitasec:

What does the first arrested suspect do to have police bail removed?

Does he ask the police to remove it?

Does he wait for the police to remove it?

Do his lawyers arrange the removal of the police bail?

It appears to me that the Daily Mail knows quite a lot about what has been going on behind the scenes, and I get the impression that Aneurin knows something about it too and perhaps that he has more right to such knowledge than the Daily Mail.
It's been suggested in this thread several times that the police knew more than they were letting on and indeed were looking more for clinching evidence than new ideas.

Mrs Yeates" remark about "did anyone lend you a car?" now appears too appropriate to VT to have been pure chance.

Perhaps I should make it clear that I don't know anything specific. I suspect that I'm in the same boat as everybody else here, in the sense of making what are (hopefully) intelligent guesses based on what limited information rests in the public domain.

Unless I missed it, I think it has been unconfirmed. His sister and mother refused to confirm when asked directly.

His mother said he did go and was acting normally. I don't know exactly when. The article also says the LE have had CCTV footage of car going over suspension bridge and that initially they had eliminated the owner from enquiries. They've had the footage three weeks

It's been reported that the missing sock is believed to have been used to wipe the crime scene and not for strangulation.

Also being reported is that the girlfriend of the man in custody was at a party 30 miles from Bristol at the time Jo Yeates disappeared.

Do you have a link or source so I can read this report please ?

In response.

It would appear so, otherwise anyone crossing the bridge, in the very early hours overnight, hours after a murder, would look very suspicious to me.

It has to be one or the other. Either he dumped the body in broad daylight to blend in with normal daytime traffic, and appear normal, or he stood out like a lighthouse crossing the bridge in the wee small hours. Under the circumstances, that kind of movement should be very hard to explain away, next door neighbour taken into account.

Anyway, no point going any further with this. I know how it looks from my point of view.

Current schedules have flights to Amsterdam leaving Bristol airport at 6:25AM and 7:00AM. Allowing time to park the car, 2hrs for check-in, a little extra time for snowy conditions and it's not unreasonable to be travelling across the bridge around 3AM to catch an early flight.

According to this forum, a KLM flight to Amsterdam was cancelled on the 18th:

http://www.forums4airports.com/topic46-75.html

It's almost too convenient?

His mother said he did go and was acting normally. I don't know exactly when. The article also says the LE have had CCTV footage of car going over suspension bridge and that initially they had eliminated the owner from enquiries. They've had the footage three weeks

If VT was not the registered keeper of the car, then "AN Other" would have been eliminated. It only becomes relevant if the LE have definately been given information about a borrowed car (since appeal perhaps ?)

Have we had confirmation that VT was not a car owner yet ? What about the reports of being arrested at Aberdeen Rd whilst defroting the windscreen ?

Current schedules have flights to Amsterdam leaving Bristol airport at 6:25AM and 7:00AM. Allowing time to park the car, 2hrs for check-in, a little extra time for snowy conditions and it's not unreasonable to be travelling across the bridge around 3AM to catch an early flight.

According to this forum, a KLM flight to Amsterdam was cancelled on the 18th:

http://www.forums4airports.com/topic46-75.html

It's almost too convenient?
I wouldn't lend anyone my car, not if it was going to be sat in an airport car park while they were away over Christmas. The only way you could mould that into the scenario, is to suggest the person who lent the car, actually went with them to drive it back. But in so doing, you have to place them there to 'help dispose of the body' of course.

It didn't happen. No airport journey coincidence whatsoever.
Like I've said before, It has to be totally logical, otherwise it beomes completely farcical.

If the car wasn't registered to V.T and the Police questioned the owner (not the driver V.T)
Then someone must have lied somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member