GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bees, very good point on the route to the airport. It would be an odd route to take.

Looks like there will be a packed house in Court 1, not all the press are going to get in.

No news on whether or not G or the family are there.

Some very good points there bees, and especially this one. Thanks for clearing that up.

It all leads back to the question of who was the owner of the car being driven across the bridge again? I still have to say C.J's spare Volvo is the most likely candidate, especially as he got arrested soon after. He was looking after it for a friend abroad I believe, that was always parked up the driveway at the back of the house.

So is CJ now claiming that VT was the driver? If so, I think he could be lying.

Some very good points there bees, and especially this one. Thanks for clearing that up.

It all leads back to the question of who was the owner of the car being driven across the bridge again? I still have to say C.J's spare Volvo is the most likely candidate, especially as he got arrested soon after. He was looking after it for a friend abroad I believe, that was always parked up the driveway at the back of the house.

I believe you have the cars mixed up, the Volvo belongs to CJ, the Chrysler Neon belongs or belonged to IS (the chap in South Africa).

Out of the two cars it is more likely that the Chrysler Neon would be the one that would be lent out.

Mr Tabak was often seen cycling in the Clifton area. Another neighbour said she was not aware that he had a car, adding: "I think he cycles to Clifton Down train station on his way to work in Bath."

Although not proof that VT does not own a car, it is interesting to note.

Welcome to Websleuths bees! And thanks for the timeline. I have been following this case off and on..I did not realize that there was just a 10-minute gap from the time Jo arrived home and the neighbor heard screams. That makes me think that this attack seems to have been planned and intentional - really no time for a social visit to go badly it seems.

Exactly. It appears this was a blatant killing to put it bluntly. There was no time for anything if the screams were indeed Joannas.
Previously it was suggested the screams could have belonged to foxes but they are too coincidental for me.
What made her scream immediately? Either the look on the perps face or she was attacked in an instant.
Horrible.

I don't think anyone could use the excuse of going to the airport to explain why they were going over the bridge because it's not the route from Clifton. It would be going out of the way for what plausible reason?

There is more than one way of getting out of Clifton on to the A38 to get to Lulsgate. Given that Bridge Valley Road is closed, going over the Clifton suspension bridge might arguably be the most straightforward route, and if you check Google Maps you can see that it is not 'out of the way' at all.

Sky News reported half hour before VT is due in court this morning that LE have confirmed CJ is still on bail and still a suspect pending further enquiries!

Where not privvy to the kind of info, and I doubt it would be made public knowledge until the full trial. So were only assuming what we think might have happened.

But if the press report from the 'source close to the investigation' is to be believed (and most of it has proved right so far, imminent arrest e.t.c)
Then a suspicious car thought to be carrying Jo's body across Clifton bridge was caught on C.C.T.V on the 18th, the owner was questioned, but eliminated at that stage.

From what we gather V.T doesn't own a car, so were making guesses who's car it was, and did they in anyway lie, or cover up for him. V.T crossing that bridge the next day should have rung alarm bells big time, but whoever the Police questioned...didn't raise suspicion.

I myself, along with a few others believe that car could be C.J's spare car, hence he got arrested shortly after, but as the Police say (In the paper story) The owner of the car (him) was interviewed at the time, but was later then eliminated. That would point to C.J nicely to add weight to that theory.

I don't think C.J was involved in anyway, he was just doing V.T a favour that backfired on him. He still is on Police bail pending further enquiries.

Sorry for going round the houses, but it isn't easy explaining something really confusing lol.

Hope it makes sense to you :)

All JMO and a few others.

No he is not claiming this at all :maddening:, it is simply theoretical and supposition on the part of some of the forum members.

It is helpful to say JMO when posting theories, otherwise it becomes taken as fact. Other forums are hives of buzzing disinformation - let's all try to keep this one clear and concise when posting up possible scenarios.

Sky News ticker is now saying that VT HAS appeared in court charged with murder.

Waiting for an update from Sky.

Update

Been remanded in custody. Bail hearing tomorrow at Crown Court.

Sky News reported half hour before VT is due in court this morning that LE have confirmed CJ is still on bail and still a suspect pending further enquiries!

The is nothing unusual about that.

See my very first post.

"The prosecution will need to prove that NUA was not the only line of investigation. Therefore the Police will need to clear up all loose ends to completely confirm that he was not involved before they drop things. Often they will just let the bail expire rather than actively cancelling anything."

I believe you have the cars mixed up, the Volvo belongs to CJ, the Chrysler Neon belongs or belonged to IS (the chap in South Africa).

Out of the two cars it is more likely that the Chrysler Neon would be the one that would be lent out.

One of two cars police towed away from outside his home was a silver 2002 Chrysler Neon LX, which Mr Steggles used to own.

He sold the car to the pensioner six years ago when he left for South Africa.

Police officers yesterday sifted through drains near the flat where Jo lived in a hunt for the size five ski sock which was missing from her body and may have been used to strangle her.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ent-to-friends-115875-22831452/#ixzz1BwgHhInx

IT is reported that CJ now owns the car but allows IS to use it whenever he visits.

Where not privvy to the kind of info, and I doubt it would be made public knowledge until the full trial. So were only assuming what we thing might have happened.

But if the press report from the 'source close to the investigation' is to be believed (and most of it has proved right so far, imminent arrest e.t.c)
Then a suspicious car thought to be carrying Jo's body across Clifton bridge was caught on C.C.T.V on the 18th, the driver was questioned, but eliminated at that stage.

From what we gather V.T doesn't own a car, so were making guesses who's car it was, and did they in anyway lie, or cover up for him. V.T crossing that bridge the next day should have rung alarm bells big time, but whoever the Police questioned...didn't raise suspicion.

I myself, along with a few others believe that car could be C.J's spare car, hence he got arrested shortly after, but as the Police say (In the paper story) The owner of the car (him) was interviewed at the time, but was later then eliminated. That would point to C.J nicely to add weight to that theory.

Sorry for going round the houses, but it isn't easy explaining something really confusing lol.

Hope it makes sense to you :)

I am sure it was a slip of the fingers, you meant owner didn't you ?

BBM

This article says that "Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed Tabak had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared."

We have this indication that he was at home in the early evening, although he has claimed to have been 'away' that night (we don't know where he was claiming to be). Clearly LE believe there is reason to suspect this wasn't true, or he wasn't 'away' the entire evening - otherwise they couldn't have charged him.

Am I correct in understanding the friend in Aberdeen rd was only travelling in chile after Xmas? And could concievably have helped form VTs alibi?

A further update on a couple of things mentioned on Sky News just now from Martin Brunt.

VT was asked if he wanted to have what was being said interpreted, he declined. He was sat in the dock and bent forward listening intently to what was being said.

Bail hearing set for tomorrow at the Crown Court because it's a murder charge and the magistrates court can't deal with such cases.

A court appearance next week - but never mentioned what that was about.

A date has been penciled in for April - I think he said 27th and I am unsure for what, he did say but I missed it. Hopefully someone else heard it.

We have this indication that he was at home in the early evening, although he has claimed to have been 'away' that night (we don't know where he was claiming to be). Clearly LE believe there is reason to suspect this wasn't true, or he wasn't 'away' the entire evening - otherwise they couldn't have charged him.

Am I correct in understanding the friend in Aberdeen rd was only travelling in chile after Xmas? And could concievably have helped form VTs alibi?

EW's father was quoted as saying that she had gone to Chile after Christmas.

EW and TM were ex colleagues and friends there is an implied friendship with VT via his relationship with TM but this has not been confirmed so I am not sure whether she is involved in this in any way. It is not exactly known how VT came to be staying at Aberdeen Road, it seemed to be a complete surprise to EW's father.

Vincent Tabak: detectives finish search of flat occupied by Jo Yeates murder suspect

Monday, January 24th, 2011

Detectives are believed to have finished their finger-tip search of the flat occupied by Vincent Tabak – the Dutch national charged with the murder of Jo Yeates.

Specially trained forensic officers from Avon and Somerset Police have left the flat, in Bristol’s Aberdeen Road, where the 32-year-old was arrested on Thursday.

http://swns.com/vincent-tabak-detec...upied-by-jo-yeates-murder-suspect-240800.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper