Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prickle
Israeli Scientists Prove DNA Evidence Can Be Faked

So, you thought that DNA evidence was foolproof? Think again. Headline from the link I have pasted below.

I wonder if it is at all possible the DNA found on JY was planted by someone intending to frame VT for her murder. Maybe I have been watching too many movies but it occurred to me it is a possibility. I decided to do a little research and I came across this website which I think is very interesting. What do you think?

I have thought all along that there could be some 'trickery' going on with a possibility of DNA 'planted' to point suspicion. If you think that one of the residents of Cannynge rd had keys to every room in the building it is a no brainer.

In response to Kingfisher's suggestion, I agree that a higher authority needs to be involved in this case.
Regardless of the practicalities of milking someone's saliva why possibly implicate yourself when moving the body from the crime scene?

Can anyone confirm that GC was found face down with a ligature abrasion? I seem to remember this detail but I could be wrong.

Its reported that the first time the Zoo Keeper walked past, Glenis was lying on her back with the killer on his knees bending over her, but it dosen't say if she was in the same position when he passed for the second time.

Would VT have been responsible for moving the body. The stoodge to take the rap.

Animals is the most likely answer. Not a pleasant thought, but that's 'Mother Nature'.

Further to that point (which relates to the Melanie Hall case - just so no one gets confused) I did have a look around to see what information there was relating to what (if any) bones were actually missing. I didn't find much detail, but there was a report at SkyNews which confirmed that "her skull and pelvis, were discovered in a bag" but that "only some of the bones were found in the bag" whilst "others were scattered nearby and 'partially buried' ". That's clear evidence of animal predation. Which is what one would expect given the length of time the body lay undiscovered.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...ak-To-The-Media/Article/200910215401763?f=rss

No, it is a question. It was stated that a resident "has keys to every room in the building" and I asked who. Because I have not read or heard this.

It is a misapprehension to think (as some might do) that CJ had keys to every flat in no 44.

Presumably he had keys to only his own flats ie his, VT's and JY's.

Would VT have been responsible for moving the body. The stoodge to take the rap.

The reason VT's bike was seized, presumably, was to check whether or not his tyres contained substance from the site of disposal ie Longwell Lane.

That is, if you accept the premise that every murderer wants to revisit the scene of crime....

If only we knew which car crossing the Suspension bridge was the one the police were interested in ...and seen on camera.

Presumably, this knowledge might be revealed in April/May when the prosecution outlines its evidence in the case against VT.

Incidentally, I do wonder if any of the older residents of 44 had long, sandy- coloured hair in 74......

Just wondering...

Further to that point (which relates to the Melanie Hall case - just so no one gets confused) I did have a look around to see what information there was relating to what (if any) bones were actually missing. I didn't find much detail, but there was a report at SkyNews which confirmed that "her skull and pelvis, were discovered in a bag" but that "only some of the bones were found in the bag" whilst "others were scattered nearby and 'partially buried' ". That's clear evidence of animal predation. Which is what one would expect given the length of time the body lay undiscovered.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...ak-To-The-Media/Article/200910215401763?f=rss

Quote Has that bag been there for 13 years? Has she been somewhere else?
"There's so many more questions now – but hopefully they will finally get some answers."
Quoat

Detectives believe the killer could have taken an item, or several items, as a trophy.

It is a misapprehension to think (as some might do) that CJ had keys to every flat in no 44.

Presumably he had keys to only his own flats ie his, VT's and JY's.

Oh, is that who they meant. :rolleyes: I thought they must mean there was a caretaker or someone like that.

Incidentally, I do wonder if any of the older residents of 44 had long, sandy- coloured hair in 74

Why 'sandy-coloured'? Zoo man didn't mention any colour, as far as I'm aware.

His use of the expression "a mass of hair" has always made me think of something approaching an Afro style, but that might be just me. The style was popular at the time (think Marc Bolan).

Detectives believe the killer could have taken an item, or several items, as a trophy.

When found there was no sign of any of her clothing, handbag and jewellery except her ring which was found with the bones

A fresh-faced young bobby, PC John Oliver, stands on the edge of the Downs holding a poster bearing the words "Did You See This Girl?"
Thirty-seven years on, and John, now 62, shakes his head as he examines the monochrome photograph

We knew Alf well," John says. "Often we would divert our beat through the zoo, and we would chat to the zoo keepers – they were an important part of the community we were policing.

"I don't know whether Alf actually saw the killer or just another member of the public, but if he did, sadly his description never helped to apprehend him."

I thought this was a positive sighting of the killer, not according to PC Oliver
who doesn't seem too convinced.

With CJ still being on police bail I am wondering if the reason may be that VT had access to JY's flat and they want to make sure CJ is not involved.

Flat 2 was vacant prior to JY and GR moving in.

CJ is known to enjoy trips to his other property in the south of France.

With VT being a tenant of two years standing is it possible that CJ innocently gave VT a keyset for the other two flats whilst he was away sunning himself in case of burst pipes, alarm or other emergency?

With the LL away and a vacant flat 2 VT would have had ample opportunity to choose the perfect spot for a voyeur setup. Perhaps behind a wardrobe in bedroom 2 of flat 1 looking into JY's bathroom. (Sketch at bottom of page for ground floor plan http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-suspect-Vincent-Tabak-split-girlfriend.html).

Wireless cameras powered by rechargeable 9V batteries only last one to two hours at most so he would need a wired setup (thin cabled low voltage would do) accessible from his side of the partition wall. These can then send a signal to a tv or pvr for recording.**

On another point re the lack of a struggle perhaps this would explain it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokehold

A well applied blood choke may lead to unconsciousness in a matter of seconds. Compared to traditional manual strangulation, properly applied blood chokes require little physical strength, and can be applied successfully by a smaller person.

** No, I am not a stalker! A few years back I set up a remote camera system on a bird table relayed to a tv as a kid's present.

I thought this was a positive sighting of the killer, not according to PC Oliver
who doesn't seem too convinced.

It has crossed my mind that it might have been an innocent passerby who was going to Glenis's aid, then left in a panic when challenged as he thought he might be blamed. It would have been a gamble as, if traced, he would have looked even more guilty.

With VT being a tenant of two years standing is it possible that CJ innocently gave VT a keyset for the other two flats whilst he was away sunning himself in case of burst pipes, alarm or other emergency?

No way in my view. He would be much more likely to give keys to one of his neighbours whom he has known for many years - possibly GH, or there is, I believe, another former Clifton College master resident in the house. Or PS from next door, who has builders around atm anyway.

I would ask any ladies reading what would be your genuine reaction to finding a covert camera in your bathroom.

Would you seek to confront the neighbour immediately?

Would you immediately call your SO and demand they come home?

Some other course of action?

Why only ladies? :giggle:

I would probably assume it was some gadget belonging to my beloved. Place is full of stuff that I haven't a clue what it's for. :dunno:

I think I would be frightened to think that someone had been spying on boyfriend and me.
And, particularly so at this time as b/f miles away.
Would have felt very vulnerable.
Would have contacted b/f initially...and if he not available...I would have phoned a local friend...for safety.
Don't think I would rush anywhere for confrontation.
Would not be sure who laid the camera.
Aware that now i was lone female in a house full of men, one (or more) of whom had been spying/stalking me
Possibly would phone brother...or parents....
Would DEFINITEly let others know what was going on...for safety...

But the above is written in the shadow of life experience...
I am not Jo's age...
She was younger than my youngest child....

Fright and hestitation wd be even more in evidence, I think, were I only 25.

Oh, is that who they meant. :rolleyes: I thought they must mean there was a caretaker or someone like that.

Why 'sandy-coloured'? Zoo man didn't mention any colour, as far as I'm aware.

His use of the expression "a mass of hair" has always made me think of something approaching an Afro style, but that might be just me. The style was popular at the time (think Marc Bolan).

I have no idea who "they" meant...but am sure it was an individual, not a couple/group.

"With sandy-coloured hair"... I think I was accessing info from another similar attack...will check back....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018