GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the scene of the crime is JY's flat then it ups the probability that the killer had immediate access to a vehicle due to the timing of MW's unanswered text.

It also significantly impacts the possible motive for the attack. It becomes more proactive. Killer comes to JY's door.

More reactive if JY comes to his door.

It all boils down to what type of a killer do we have?

Hi again, Deckard.

One who was caught red-handed; completely unawares doing something lewd and lascivious; his was a shock reaction - silenced her testimony forever. Why? Far too much to lose, VT is from a wealthy family; exceptionally intelligent - known around the world through his company ... was "in love" with TM ... he suffered an acute Fear of Loss.

I still think he was stalking Jo. For how long and exactly how ... is like asking how long's a piece of string ... but my hinky-meter tells me he was watching her from his flat - and Jo unwittingly discovered his little operation.

Peeping Toms get their rocks off on this stuff ---> sexual motivation comes into play.

All my humble opinion ... I can't see this as a random stranger thing. Not in a zillion years. However - we may all be wrong. Only the trial will indicate which direction we should have taken...

I agree with you Columbosstogey. Also I was reading on another site earlier that stated an early report from police believe along with the parents that J never actually reached her own flat that evening, but things were placed there to make it seem as if she had. If this turns out to be true then the 'peeping tom'/voyuerism theory is a nonsense anyway.

Don't believe what the 'other site' said.

According to DCI Phil Jones "I am satisfied that Jo got back to her flat"

Detectives re-new appeal for information in Jo Yeates murder investigation
UPDATED: 3/01/2011 14:50
http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=22383&t=1&lid=1

P.S. The peeping tom/voyuerism theory is just speculation anyway.

Perhaps she did tidy the flat on Saturday morning OR they had just been a bit more tidy over that week as they were holding a party on the tuesday. The father wasnt always there so how he can make such sweeping statements......its only a tiny flat hardly difficult for them to keep tidy. Perhaps before Greg went to Sheffield he thought he would help Joanna and put some of his dirty washing in the washing basket and tidied up a bit.........

she never opened or answered her text messages after the 17th The difference that Js pareents and G noticed will give us that answer.

Whoever did this did want the body to be discovered and on Xmas day surely the perpetrator would normally try to make sure the body was not discovered.
A very mysterious case indeed.

Do you think the perp wanted Jo found? Interesting as some feel he was unable to tip Jo over the wall and into the quarry so as never to be found. The suspicious car driving up and down the lane Xmas Day. [EDIT - SORRY - Saturday 18th] I wonder the progress, if any, on that report? Was it a Panda 4X4?

Too many questions unanswered, indeed ...

Do you think the perp wanted Jo found? Interesting as some feel he was unable to tip Jo over the wall and into the quarry so as never to be found. The suspicious car driving up and down the lane Xmas Day. I wonder the progress, if any, on that report? Was it a Panda 4X4?

Too many questions unanswered, indeed ...

I personally do think the perp wanted her found, so do we have a perp with a 'pang of conscience' thinking he/she were moved by parents plea of wanting her found so they delivered and felt it would rid some of the 'heavy load' off their mind if she were discovered?? Or maybe they were disturbed, heard noises and left the scene quickly before they were able to tip body over the wall??

What may have become of the pizza ... and .... the sock? One breakthrough ... just one extra clue revealed ... may completely re-zone theories (mine included, mine included ...)

If CJ had some part in the crime, VT will not sit back and take the full rap. He would spill the beans you can be certain of that. He's a very intelligent guy, no mug that's for sure.

Have thought about this, exactly, but ever thought about the hold threat they may have. Also beliefs are so strong , he may not want to rock the boat.

What may have become of the pizza ... and .... the sock? One breakthrough ... just one extra clue revealed ... may completely re-zone theories (mine included, mine included ...)

Indeed wonder what became of these items, they could have been found at Ab Road and this could be part of the evidence that led to arrest and charging of VT ??

I personally do think the perp wanted her found, so do we have a perp with a 'pang of conscience' thinking he/she were moved by parents plea of wanting her found so they delivered and felt it would rid some of the 'heavy load' off their mind if she were discovered?? Or maybe they were disturbed, heard noises and left the scene quickly before they were able to tip body over the wall??

Both sides of the coin may apply, true enough, suspicious minds. Perhaps knowing the discovery would be made when he was well away from the area (Cambridge) adds to his distancing himself from the crime. If so - perhaps he felt he'd left Jo's body sterile of DNA, but he made mistakes with the trace evidence on her chest, midrif, etc.

Interestingly enough - haven't seen much discussion as to how this link to VT was made. Was it through a relative, if I vaguely recall? Could it be then, that *at that stage* there was a familial link. Once arrested, DNA would be formally swabbed ... and *this* might be the "significant item" that came to light? Possible?

bearing in mind that she was born in the USA

This appears to be another incorrect "fact" from the media. The General Register Office Births Index shows her birth as registered in Hammersmith, London.

If the A&S thought he was deliberately trying to steer the investigation in the wrong direction, by what he thought he saw, I think he could face a charge of trying to pervert the course of justice.

I have to say that that kind of approach would discourage most people from offering information as witnesses. Not something that would help the police in future. It could hardly be proved that he didn't see anyone.

The police always said there was more than one involved.

I think all that was said was that they didn't rule it out.

Regarding the car ..... could it be that as CJ is sometimes not around (has a place in France etc.) and VT has been in the flat for a couple of years, maybe there is a spare key that CJ has told him about and where to find it just to start it up every now and then to keep
'it ticking over' as its not used so often.

Much more likely that he would entrust it to PS, a "mechanically minded" neighbour and friend of many years standing.

Interestingly enough - haven't seen much discussion as to how this link to VT was made. Was it through a relative, if I vaguely recall? Could it be then, that *at that stage* there was a familial link. Once arrested, DNA would be formally swabbed ... and *this* might be the "significant item" that came to light? Possible?

No haven't seen anything but I always presumed it would be as he was in the next flat that he would be under rigorous scrutiny as a matter of course as would all ppl living in the flats, questioned as to whether they were at home on the fri eve, what did they hear or see etc. I did read one link to a newspaper report !! (not always reliable source I know) where he said he was not at home the night she disappeared when in fact he was ........... this could be that he was talking of the sun night when it was announced rather than the friday, IYSWIM. He was reportedly under police observation prior to his arrest, maybe he had been acting suspiciously. Saw a report just after his arrest that said he was de-icing car at 2am in morn before his arrest. I remember commenting at time what a strange thing to do as it will only ice up again before morning anyway (but again report may not be correct).

Much more likely that he would entrust it to PS, a "mechanically minded" neighbour and friend of many years standing.[/QUOTE]

I agree except in the case of moving the car to accommodate other cars of visitors to flats, furniture delivery vans etc. when it would make sense to maybe give one of the residents a spare key, is just a thought.

Saw a report just after his arrest that said he was de-icing car at 2am in morn before his arrest. I remember commenting at time what a strange thing to do as it will only ice up again before morning anyway (but again report may not be correct).

It isn't correct.

This myth came from a carelessly-worded post from a poster on this very forum. He/she mentioned that his/her own son was de-icing his car in the vicinity on the morning of the arrest. Some readers mistook this to mean VT.

Saw a report just after his arrest that said he was de-icing car at 2am in morn before his arrest. I remember commenting at time what a strange thing to do as it will only ice up again before morning anyway (but again report may not be correct).

I watched a debate on this exact statement - another poster swooped in to say that a *witness* to the arrest was de-icing his car when VT was arrested. This statement apparently went thru cyber space that it was VT de-icing his car.

And yes, of course, the media reports on this varied at both ends of the scale in terms of factual reporting vs sensationalism or poor reporting.

True - DNA may have been obtained as he was right next door and I know the cops had him under surveillance for at least a week before - which would have been circa 14th Jan. He arrived back from Holland for work on 5th Jan - having flown out 28 December. He was only (reportedly !!) at TM's family in Cambridge Xmas & Boxing Day.

Was it the fact he moved out that caught police attention - so as he did not have to look anyone in the eye and answer more questions - distancing himself? Was it his deceptive alibi? Something wasn't adding up back then ...

Just one more clue ... just one ...

It isn't correct.

This myth came from a carelessly-worded post from a poster on this very forum. He/she mentioned that his/her own son was de-icing his car in the vicinity on the morning of the arrest. Some readers mistook this to mean VT.

I didnt read it on a forum Cherwell, I read it in a newspaper accompanied by a pic of VT de-icing the car, and it did state it was 2am in morn, but I know we cant rely on newspaper reports to be accurate. I am actually going to see if I can find the report again.

I agree except in the case of moving the car to accommodate other cars of visitors to flats, furniture delivery vans etc. when it would make sense to maybe give one of the residents a spare key, is just a thought.

Why would it need to be moved to accommodate anyone else? It would either be in a proper parking bay at the house, or legally parked elsewhere. He's hardly going to go abroad leaving it parked anywhere dodgy.

I didnt read it on a forum Cherwell, I read it in a newspaper accompanied by a pic of VT de-icing the car, and it did state it was 2am in morn, but I know we cant rely on newspaper reports to be accurate. I am actually going to see if I can find the report again.

It did originate here - it was a misunderstanding. If a newspaper has picked up such an item from a forum and published it, well, that says it all about the reliability of the press.

Here's the original post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #7

Why would it need to be moved to accommodate anyone else? It would either be in a proper parking bay at the house, or legally parked elsewhere. He's hardly going to go abroad leaving it parked anywhere dodgy.

Well obviously he's not, all I am saying is that this could be a possibility. We dont know how many cars were authorised to park there at any one time.

Well, there appear to be seven parking bays. Of course we don't know how many residents have cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic