GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chester but they are destroyed IF no crime has been committed so if no crime has been committed, for instance re. CJ then are they 'allowed' to be run through the database ? IYSWIM.

Currently all DNA data can be retained. It will only be when the Protection of Freedoms Bill becomes law (possibly later this month) that the innocent will be removed from the DNA database.

The most intriguing aspect of the case for me is the fact LE have not yet released CJ from his bail conditions.

He's not due to answer bail until the middle of this month. At that point, the police can either charge him with an offence, extend his bail, or release him from bail without charge.

Could this suggest one of the vehicles under his control was used to travel to the lane?

Always a possibility. I was interested to read that when CJ was protesting his innocence, he was claimed to have said that the police have "little or no evidence" against him. The reports of this are somewhat third hand, but it seems odd to say "little or no evidence" if there really is no evidence.

Hello my first post here.
I've been following all your posts for some days now and have learned quite a few things and facts about justice procedure, cadaver dogs etc, very interesting.

Someone mentioned above about the car traveling up and down Longwood Lane as being a Volvo. Where did the identification of make of vehicle come from I've not read that before?

My position is I think VT is innocent.

As far as the car the LE have belonging to the South African friend Of CJ, my guess is that it is now effectively a wreck due to having been pulled apart by forensics. They found nothing on it otherwise CJ would have been charged as an accomplice by now.
I think CJ is still a suspect because the LE are keeping their options open and are still building a case against VT.

I asked on another forum and nobody answered so I will try here. Does anybody know if the DNA collected during this investigation can be put into the database for hits on other crimes ? I assume VT's can but I'm refering to others like CJ etc.

I think one of the reasons CJ is still on bail is possibly because it was the Volvo seen on the lane and the fact he's trying to sue for wrongful arrest.

The crying female IMO is EW or maybe TM, saying it was anonymous could be to protect them from any backlash. JMO

As Veggiefan and Chester said DNA can be retained on the National Data Base, changes might happen though if the Bill goes through.

If no DNA match comes up on the National Data Base, there is the following which can be done.
A search on the National Data Base called a Familial DNA search, a related technique called case specific partial match, DNA samples belonging to a Father, Son, Sister, Brother, Mother, Uncle, Auntie, they are not an exact match, the similarities signal a close familial relationship.
This has been done in England before which resulted in catching a serial rapist, who got away with his Crime for a very long time, he was called the shoe rapist, it was when the rapist's Sister was charged with a drink driving offence and her DNA was taken, which resulted in her DNA being put onto the Data Base, The Sister's DNA threw up a very close match to the DNA by the rapist, this Man's DNA was not on the National Data Base, his DNA matched the 6 Rapes, he is now in Prison.

I've been following all your posts for some days now and have learned quite a few things and facts about justice procedure, cadaver dogs etc, very interesting.

Someone mentioned above about the car traveling up and down Longwood Lane as being a Volvo. Where did the identification of make of vehicle come from I've not read that before?

As far as the car the LE have belonging to the South African friend Of CJ, my guess is that it is now effectively a wreck due to having been pulled apart by forensics. They found nothing on it otherwise CJ would have been charged as an accomplice by now.
I think CJ is still a suspect because the LE are keeping their options open and are still building a case against VT.

Welcome to WS, mrbond. Good first post.

No, I think you're right, no details of that car were ever made public as far as I'm aware.

I don't think the poster meant to suggest that it was a Volvo, just that it was possible that CJ's Volvo was the car seen on the lane.

I think one of the reasons CJ is still on bail is possibly because it was the Volvo seen on the lane and the fact he's trying to sue for wrongful arrest.

Mrbond, we are still not sure which vehicle was on Longwood lane, I posted

''I think one of the reasons CJ is still on bail is possibly because it was the Volvo seen on the lane and the fact he's trying to sue for wrongful arrest''

The trouble is we are still working on things we know prior to VT being charged before the media clamp up and just about everything has been covered extensively.

I'm really concerned that VT is going to be stitched up, he's an easy target, too easy for my liking.

Bristol has it's fair share of stranger attacks. Only last Saturday there was a sexual assault near Baldwin Street and police are looking for witnesses. Last Thursday a woman was raped in the Bishopsworth, they've got him. It's not rare.
But leaving aside strangers why couldn't the culprit be someone that Jo knew who knocked on the door or who she met on the way home.
If the attacker was already on the DNA database he would need to remove her body in case his DNA got on to her. This is one of the downsides of having this database, victims will go missing more.

I'm really concerned that VT is going to be stitched up, he's an easy target, too easy for my liking.

There would have to be very compelling and concrete evidence for the jury to convict, with no element of doubt, so there's no need to be that concerned.

I would imagine that there is some evidence that puts VT in the frame for the Police/CPS to hold him to the degree they have. Applications for bail would have been heard if it was 'flimsy' IMO.

There would have to be very compelling and concrete evidence for the jury to convict, with no element of doubt, so there's no need to be that concerned.

Well lets hope it's more than a car he happened to using at the time plus LCN DNA found in his flat.

Cadaver dogs and marking/scenting.
After death body temperature begins to drop chemical changes in muscles begin and autolysis advances, this is the odour that the cadaver dog mark's, the body temperature has to start to drop then continue to drop, for the chemical changes to take place, the start of the autolysis start's after one and half Hour's to two Hour's after death, then if JY was placed somewhere after the autolysis advances started one and half to two Hour's after her demise, then the dog would mark that Area, it does not take day's for the odour to start.

Yes, perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'useless'; perhaps I should have used some more equivocal phrase such as 'liable to produce negative results'. Notwithstanding the claims sometimes made by the sort of people who run cadaver dog operations, they are not quite the magic bullet that some people think they are. Whilst they are trained to find dead bodies, and might well theoretically be able to find a body that's only been dead a couple of hours, it's a different matter if you're trying to trace where a dead body might have been for a time. In which case you really need one that was at second stage decomp to stand a chance of getting a hit. Otherwise, as in the recently concluded Stephen Price case, you end up with a big fat zero.

As far as the use of cadaver dogs in the JY case are concerned, I don't think we can state with any degree of certainty that they weren't used at Canynge Road. But I was thinking more in terms of cars. (Although perhaps we shouldn't get into the subject of cars and cadaver dogs.)

I tried to put the two Post's up as a double quote the Poster you spoke to, I could not make them both come up only your's.

What you do is hit the quote button, and the copy and past the result into a text editor (like Notepad) or just highlight and copy. Then go back to the thread and hit the quote button on the next post, and paste the other quote. Or variations thereof.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/01/22/jo-yeates-murder-suspect-vincent-tabak-s-girlfriend-tanja-morson-devastated-at-his-arrest-115875-22866637/

There is a basis for what my post contained, obviously not part of a script just written in my head, as the post above suggested.

The report from the Daily Mirror does nothing except confirm what which we already know; specifically that VT was interviewed as a matter of routine during the early stages of the investigation and that the police did not regard him as a suspect at that time. There is nothing there that provides any information regarding any alibi that VT provided, if any, and certainly not one that was "cast iron".

It is not uncommon in murder investigations, or indeed any kind of criminal investigation, for individuals to be interviewed as witnesses without being considered as suspects, until that is, some evidence later emerges which points to their involvement in the crime. It has happened before and it will happen again.

So I don't see anything there that indicates incompetence.

He's not due to answer bail until the middle of this month. At that point, the police can either charge him with an offence, extend his bail, or release him from bail without charge.

.... I was interested to read that when CJ was protesting his innocence, he was claimed to have said that the police have "little or no evidence" against him. The reports of this are somewhat third hand, but it seems odd to say "little or no evidence" if there really is no evidence.

My guess would be that A&SC arrested CJ on suspicion of murder because they had a reason to suspect him.

Based on reports from CJ's previous tenants regarding his habit of entering their homes when they were absent in order to fulfill his duties as a landlord, I don't think that it's too much of a stretch to suggest the same might have been the case as far as GR/JY's flat was concerned, and that A&SC might well have obtained evidence that this was the case.

I don't think I should say any more than that, as proceedings are still active as far as CJ is concerned.

If this link has already been posted, my apologies! Found it yesterday, rather interesting.

http://www.suffolkstrangler.com/vincenttabak.htm

Yes, it has come up before. It's not an objective account, and it reveals serious misunderstandings about the judicial process. In particular, VT doesn't get the opportunity to enter his plea until the Plea and Case Management hearing on April 29th.

See the penultimate paragraph of http://www.gtstewart.co.uk/page.php?id=20

"If your case has been ‘sent’, the next actual hearing date that you must attend will be the plea & case management hearing. ... This will be the first opportunity when you will be able to enter your plea."

Yes, it has come up before. It's not an objective account, and it reveals serious misunderstandings about the judicial process. In particular, VT doesn't get the opportunity to enter his plea until the Plea and Case Management hearing on April 29th.

See the penultimate paragraph of http://www.gtstewart.co.uk/page.php?id=20

"If your case has been ‘sent’, the next actual hearing date that you must attend will be the plea & case management hearing. ... This will be the first opportunity when you will be able to enter your plea."

Well Mr O'Gara appears to take his on view on what constitutes due legal process. He has been found in contempt of court both here in the UK (14 days imprisonment) and in Ireland (his company assets were seized).

My guess would be that A&SC arrested CJ on suspicion of murder because they had a reason to suspect him.

Based on reports from CJ's previous tenants regarding his habit of entering their homes when they were absent in order to fulfill his duties as a landlord, I don't think that it's too much of a stretch to suggest the same might have been the case as far as GR/JY's flat was concerned, and that A&SC might well have obtained evidence that this was the case.

I don't think I should say any more than that, as proceedings are still active as far as CJ is concerned.

Of course, caught !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member