GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be that A&SC arrested CJ on suspicion of murder because they had a reason to suspect him.

Based on reports from CJ's previous tenants regarding his habit of entering their homes when they were absent in order to fulfill his duties as a landlord, I don't think that it's too much of a stretch to suggest the same might have been the case as far as GR/JY's flat was concerned, and that A&SC might well have obtained evidence that this was the case.

I don't think I should say any more than that, as proceedings are still active as far as CJ is concerned.

I do so agree...

Can the courts still get a conviction using LCN DNA as evidence against the accused? The use of it was suspended for a few months during a review of it's soundness but reinstated.
As i understand it if I dance with a someone in a club my DNA from my skin cells will quite possibly get onto her clothing and hands . If later she is found murdered on her way home and my DNA is discovered and I am on the DNA database I will get arrested.
Where are the safeguards?

O’Gara seems like a bit of a crack and nothing he says should be taken seriously. He may be privy to some real information but he could also be basing it all in "intuition": i.e. making it all up. Perhaps a little of both. On the other hand, one never knows.

LCN DNA can be a valuable forensic tool but it has its limitations. It is unlikely but not beyond the realm of possibility that two people could exchange trace amounts of biological material solely by living in adjoining flats. As a juror, I would expect more to find "beyond reasonable doubt".

There are many "blanks" that must be filled in before we know what is really going on and rumors, conjecture and outright lies will prevail in the meantime. I can't see bringing VT to trial without some evidence that he had access to a vehicle that can be linked to the crime. The role of CJ remains a mystery. My understanding is that this police bail he is under is not routine or "normal" for someone who is a peripheral witness at best. It is suggestive he may have some reason to "rabbit".

What you do is hit the quote button, and the copy and past the result into a text editor (like Notepad) or just highlight and copy. Then go back to the thread and hit the quote button on the next post, and paste the other quote. Or variations thereof.

Aneurin thank you for the information on quoting :).

The trouble is we are still working on things we know prior to VT being charged before the media clamp up and just about everything has been covered extensively.

I'm really concerned that VT is going to be stitched up, he's an easy target, too easy for my liking.

Bristol has it's fair share of stranger attacks. Only last Saturday there was a sexual assault near Baldwin Street and police are looking for witnesses. Last Thursday a woman was raped in the Bishopsworth, they've got him. It's not rare.
But leaving aside strangers why couldn't the culprit be someone that Jo knew who knocked on the door or who she met on the way home.
If the attacker was already on the DNA database he would need to remove her body in case his DNA got on to her. This is one of the downsides of having this database, victims will go missing more.

The Law is correct innocent until proven guilty.

However the A&S have charged VT with JY's murder, the CPS thought that there was a Case to answer and to go ahead with the Case against VT, also VT has appeared twice before a Judge ,there has to be some evidence against VT for this to have gotten this far.
Until October we are not going to know what the evidence is that the A&S have against VT.

If VT is innocent then I hope he has a good defence Team, if he is guilty then I hope he gets his just deserts to take the life of a young Woman who has so much to live for, its possible it was not intentional even if it was not JY lost her life, her Family has had part of their lives taken from them too, her Boyfriend's dreams and hopes all gone for the life he was going to share with JY, they have to live with this for the rest of their lives, a hard cross to bear.

Personally I think the Data Base is correct, Sally Ann Bowman aged 18 who was brutally murdered just outside her House by a psychopath cook a complete stranger to her, if he had not been found £80 for an affray in a pub, as a result of that affray his DNA was put on to the National data Base. He might never have been caught for her murder if his DNA was not on the National Data Base, he really is an evil Man, The Police also believe he is responsible for many past crimes against Women in Australia.

I think his flat is on the floor below the top floor, as I believe the flat above the JY and VT flats is a double-sized flat taking up the whole floor of the building (described by some agents as "hall floor"). So that would place CJ's flat on the "first floor".

Bit confusing, as in essence there are two floors which might be thought of as ground floor.

Item already posted so I have taken it off.

I think his flat is on the floor below the top floor, as I believe the flat above the JY and VT flats is a double-sized flat taking up the whole floor of the building (described by some agents as "hall floor"). So that would place CJ's flat on the "first floor".

Bit confusing, as in essence there are two floors which might be thought of as ground floor.

Yes, the estate agent's photos clearly show that there is no bay window in CJ's living room (at the front of the property) and yet the Daily Mail is still reproducing its incorrect plan showing CJ's flat to be the one with a bay window, situated immediately above VT's flat:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363708/Joanna-Yeatess-landlord-Chris-Jefferies-released-charge-puts-Bristol-flat-sale.html

I suppose any sort of journalistic effort is asking rather a lot of the DM!

Surprised at any news. It's at a trickle.

I like more of a free flow of information ...

What next in the newspapers, details of the LL's flat currently on sale, (hasn't he suffered enough?) JY's will, (how do they find this information?) It occurred to me when I was reading from the text highlighted below, how can any member of a jury that’s been chosen for VT’s up and coming trial remain impartial. Answer, they can’t! Taking into account the past TV footage ,UK newspaper stories revealing everything about the case which almost certainly they will have seen/read, it’s impossible.
They will have formed some sort of an opinion before they even sit in court and that isn’t right in my book. They should ban press coverage as soon as anyone is suspected once and for all, nothing should be allowed to be aired/written until after the trial is over. Whatever any of us think of VT, he should be given a fair trial, innocent until proven guilty. We all want justice for J, but also we want the person responsible for this terrible crime convicted and jailed .

Jurors must not talk about the case with others not on the jury, even their spouses or families, and must not read about the case in the newspapers. They should avoid radio and television broadcasts that might mention the case. The jury's verdict must be based on nothing else but the evidence and law presented to them in court.

http://www.flnd.uscourts.gov/jurors/jurorAttire.cfm

What next in the newspapers, details of the LL's flat currently on sale, (hasn't he suffered enough?) JY's will, (how do they find this information?)

... and in that report about what she left in her will, one of J's parents was quoted saying how she came to have so much money. Did the press ring them up and ask, I wonder? The mind boggles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010