GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it state anywhere that he rang the police from Holland with information which was defamatory to CJ and explicitly tried to frame him? I have only read that he and his girlfriend rang the police with information regarding CJ, nothing I have read suggested this was negative information and he was trying to frame him as many suggest, or have I missed something??

I understand that they did so after CJ had been arrested.

According to the Sky News tweets from court last Tuesday during the prosecution's case:

skynewsgathererHarriet Tolputt

After landlord's arrest #VincentTabak then decided to contact police about the car. He said it was his "story". #JoannaYeates

11 Oct

#VincentTabak thought by telling police his landlord's car had moved might incriminate Chris Jefferies. #JoannaYeates

11 Oct

Ah, that does make more sense now...however what a totally idiotic thing for VT to do, I wonder if it was TM's idea to contact the police and VT went along with it so as not to arouse suspicion or if he made the initial suggestion. TM was out that night so would she have noticed if CJ has moved his car? This suggestion seems to have come from VT alone. What a complete plonker to speak to the police though. They must have had suspicions about him at this point to DNA him out there. Wonder if TM was also asked to provide DNA samples.......

Ugh, aside from the obvious people to feel AWFUL for, I have to say I feel particularly awful for Tanja. What a nightmare.

I wonder if it was TM's idea to contact the police and VT went along with it so as not to arouse suspicion...
It's possible.
What a complete plonker to speak to the police though.
Yes, but typical of post-offense behaviour as per the FBI article I posted up there.

Didn't we hear at one point that the UK LE were working closely with the Dutch police with respect to VT?

It's possible.
Yes, but typical of post-offense behaviour as per the FBI article I posted up there.

Didn't we hear at one point that the UK LE were working closely with the Dutch police with respect to VT?

Just finished reading that article, it is brilliant thanks :)

I wonder if they asked them both for DNA samples as they BOTH lived next door, or if it was just VT and that's when he started to panic and act suspiciously. He must have known that liaising with officers would have resulted in him being 'back on the radar' so to speak. I wonder why he wasn't asked to provide samples before seeing as they lived in the same building, I would have thought EVERYONE who lived in the block and who had come into contact with Jo, would have had to provide samples, very odd.

Don't forget that VT also engineered the "chance" meeting with journalists which Aneurin drew our attention to in which he was clearly out to create certain impressions. His Daddy never told him that when you're in trouble it's safest to say nothing. That was at a fairly early stage I think, before he had any grounds for panic.

Ah, that does make more sense now...however what a totally idiotic thing for VT to do, I wonder if it was TM's idea to contact the police and VT went along with it so as not to arouse suspicion or if he made the initial suggestion. TM was out that night so would she have noticed if CJ has moved his car? This suggestion seems to have come from VT alone. What a complete plonker to speak to the police though. They must have had suspicions about him at this point to DNA him out there. Wonder if TM was also asked to provide DNA samples.......

Plonker and idiotic...indeed:

More tweets (Read them from the bottom up as latest ones are at the top):

Tabak asked police as to why the door to #JoannaYeates' flat had been removed. #VincentTabak

10 Oct

#VincentTabak was agitated and concerned when he was asked for a DNA sample. He contradicted his earlier story about movements on Dec 17th.

10 Oct

Detectives travelled to Holland to take Tabak's statement. Tabak asked lots of questions about forensics. #JoannaYeates

10 Oct

#VincentTabak contacted police while on holiday in native Holland to tell them he had seen his landlord's car outside flats #JoannaYeates

10 Oct

https://twitter.com/#!/skynewsgatherer

I am curious as to whether or not the profiler LE brought in helped identify VT.

Personally I believe that is very likely. I think the way that I phrased it previously was along the lines of, if you think like a profiler, you'll understand why A&SC arrested VT.

Will that be brought up in court?

Don't know. Profiling isn't 'evidence'. The prosecution might therefore have no reason to introduce it into the case, and I'd imagine that the defence would not want to go there at all.

if you think like a profiler, you'll understand why A&SC arrested VT.

Ha! Well, I'm not a profiler, but my very first* theoretical suspect was "person(s) next door" simply because of the proximity and the opportunities that might afford.

*along with bf (because it so often is) - but it was clear to me from early on that GR couldn't have dunnit.

That was my view too Cherwell, chiefly because of the combination of opportunity to do the deed and opportunity and motive to remove the body. Nothing to do with profiling - I can' t think like a profiler.

Ha! Well, I'm not a profiler, but my very first* theoretical suspect was "person(s) next door" simply because of the proximity and the opportunities that might afford.

*along with bf (because it so often is) - but it was clear to me from early on that GR couldn't have dunnit.

Well that's exactly how profiling (NPIA style) actually works. It's nothing more than applied common sense really. A&SC called in a profiler in early January after they'd released CJ. I imagine the conversation went something like this:-

Profiler: So what have you got?
Detective: We have a 25 year old white female. COD likely strangulation, probably killed in her own home, body removed and dumped three miles away on a roadside verge.
Profiler: So you're looking for a white male aged 18-40 who has access to a car, specifically a car that could be parked close to the victim's home without attracting undue suspicion. Who have you already spoken to that fits that profile?
Detective: Hang on .... there's this Vincent Tabak chap
Profiler: Can I read his statement?

(Pause for a few minutes)

Profiler: That's him.

I wonder why he wasn't asked to provide samples before seeing as they lived in the same building, I would have thought EVERYONE who lived in the block and who had come into contact with Jo, would have had to provide samples, very odd.

Because it was simply a missing persons enquiry when VT left Bristol just before Christmas.

Well that's exactly how profiling (NPIA style) actually works. It's nothing more than applied common sense really. A&SC called in a profiler in early January after they'd released CJ. I imagine the conversation went something like this:-

Profiler: So what have you got?
Detective: We have a 25 year old white female. COD likely strangulation, probably killed in her own home, body removed and dumped three miles away on a roadside verge.
Profiler: So you're looking for a white male aged 18-40 who has access to a car, specifically a car that could be parked close to the victim's home without attracting undue suspicion. Who have you already spoken to that fits that profile?
Detective: Hang on .... there's this Vincent Tabak chap
Profiler: Can I read his statement?

(Pause for a few minutes)

Profiler: That's him.

Thanks for this clear explanation Aneurin. Do I conclude that the rest of them just collect information and those who actually think about the information and draw inferences from it are now called profilers ?

Just finished reading that article, it is brilliant thanks :)

I wonder if they asked them both for DNA samples as they BOTH lived next door, or if it was just VT and that's when he started to panic and act suspiciously. He must have known that liaising with officers would have resulted in him being 'back on the radar' so to speak. I wonder why he wasn't asked to provide samples before seeing as they lived in the same building, I would have thought EVERYONE who lived in the block and who had come into contact with Jo, would have had to provide samples, very odd.

”The officer explained to him that he had placed himself at the flat once on one occasion, he said he had been there and touched the door.

”He was noted to be getting more and more agitated.”

http://swns.com/vincent-tabak-contacted-detectives-following-chris-jefferies-arrest-101809.html

I am guessing that they only wanted VT's DNA because he had 'placed himself at the flat' and TM hadn't?...

Thanks for this clear explanation Aneurin. Do I conclude that the rest of them just collect information and those who actually think about the information and draw inferences from it are now called profilers ?

Generally speaking, whilst the Criminal Minds/Cracker type of psychological profiling might produce entertaining TV drama, it is now regarded as being useless, if not to say downright dangerous, in practice. From what I understand the NPIA have a Serious Crime Analysis Section that has built a big database that can tell you all sorts of things if you know the right question to ask; and it's all evidenced based these days.

There's a good piece from The Guardian here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/may/15/criminal-profiling-jon-ronson - that explains a lot.

Just had a thought - in one of the statements VT gave to police he said he'd gone out to take pics of the snow and had slipped on the ice outside of JY's flat but hadn't seen anything unusual.

I wonder if he said that to cover for any subsequent witness saying they saw him around the area of the flat.

He might even refer back to that in his defence as a reason for JY opening her door - to see what was going on...

Another thought I had was that he might say he saw JY coming home so went round there to tell her about GR's car not starting.

Avon & Somerset Police contacted Facebook about a post made on a particular page, asking for its removal due to the possibility the content could lead to a case of contempt of court.

That's somewhat disconcerting.

Just had a thought - in one of the statements VT gave to police he said he'd gone out to take pics of the snow and had slipped on the ice outside of JY's flat but hadn't seen anything unusual.

I wonder if he said that to cover for any subsequent witness saying they saw him around the area of the flat.

Saying he slipped on the ice would also be a good excuse for any bruises he might have got when JY was fighting him for her life.

Avon & Somerset Police contacted Facebook about a post made on a particular page, asking for its removal due to the possibility the content could lead to a case of contempt of court.

That's somewhat disconcerting.

When was this and on what thread, of Facebook?

Saying he slipped on the ice would also be a good excuse for any bruises he might have got when JY was fighting him for her life.

The court also heard he had told police he had slipped on the ice outside Flat 1 – Jo’s flat – but had seen nothing unusual.

http://swns.com/jo-yeates-strangled-by-cold-and-calculated-vincent-tabak-111515.html

See also my post above (#954)

he possibly said he slipped and touched the front door to 'steady' himself - just covering himself for any of his fingerprints or DNA found there...

the more I think about it, the more I think that front door plays an important part in all this...

”He was particularly interested in why police had taken the front door and he asked several questions about that, despite being told it was standard police practise.

http://swns.com/vincent-tabak-contacted-detectives-following-chris-jefferies-arrest-101809.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee