GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In police interviews, a jury heard he also let slip what he had for tea on December 17. Mr Lickley, reading from Mr Tabak’s statement, said: ”Pizza, I think.”[/I]

If that's really the case, it is totally irrelevant as JY had not even purchased the pizza by anything that could be regarded as tea time on the 17th.

Oh yes, it wouldn't have got past a forensic search, but it would have been good enough to delay investigations further. I mean, if GR had seen bloodstains all over the place when he got back, he would have raised the alarm at once.

Oh I see what you mean - sock okay for superficial clean up.

But if that's all he used, assuming there was any blood in the flat in the first place, then forensics would have found traces. If so, would the prosecution not have made that known as they did with the blood traces in the car boot?

As they haven't said anything then presumably either there was no blood or he did a spectacular clean up job.

If that's really the case, it is totally irrelevant as JY had not even purchased the pizza by anything that could be regarded as tea time on the 17th.

I wouldn't take "tea time" too literally. It's the press again.

Harriert Tolputt's tweets reported this as:

VincentTabak told police he had eaten pizza for his dinner the night #JoannaYeates was killed.

He didn't get home until 7:15pm - way past tea time imo

People discussing the meaning of "teatime" need to tell us, IMO, whether they are using US English and customs or British English and customs and if the latter of which social stratum.

People discussing the meaning of "teatime" need to tell us, IMO, whether they are using US English and customs or British English and customs and if the latter of which social stratum.

:D

Teatime to me is your evening meal.

(Northern England, working class family!)

No teatime per se in U.S. Over here we just eat constantly.

Thanks Brownbread. That's exactly the point I wanted to elicit : some people in England, of the lower or middle social strata (but not restricted to the North) use "tea" to designate their evening meal, at whatever time it occurs, if it is anything less than a full-scale banquet. I suspect that VT would follow his girlfriend's habits in naming his meals. We therefore cannot exclude that his statement that he had pizza for tea might refer to Joanna's pizza.

Indeed - it would depend on what the questioner and respondent understood by the term "tea", especially as VT didn't get home until 7pm so we might assume "tea" means "dinner/evening meal" and that has a flexible time.

It's likely that VT ate something after he returned home at 7pm and before JY returned at 8.45ish and that might well have been a pizza but when questioned about it later (knowing that the police were looking for THE pizza) it jars somewhat that a) he could recall what he ate and b) he said he thought it was a pizza.

Thanks Brownbread. That's exactly the point I wanted to elicit : some people in England, of the lower or middle social strata (but not restricted to the North) use "tea" to designate their evening meal, at whatever time it occurs, if it is anything less than a full-scale banquet. I suspect that VT would follow his girlfriend's habits in naming his meals. We therefore cannot exclude that his statement that he had pizza for tea might refer to Joanna's pizza.

I think that the term "tea" either came from the policeman asking the question or reporter who used the word. I doubt that VT or TM referred to their evening meal as "tea".

:D

Teatime to me is your evening meal.

(Northern England, working class family!)

Same here! Though some of my younger relatives have taken to saying 'dinner.' People who have really moved up in the world refer to it as 'supper.' :D

I'm from the south coast and naturally say 'tea' but since having kids and marrying my slightly posher husband I usually say 'dinner'... (which I used to say for midday meal!). Presumably VT didn't eat till he came back from work just after 7pm. Perhaps he couldn't remember what he ate but pizza was uppermost in his mind! I don't think I would fancy eating anything after brutally killing someone, but hey, everyone's different!

Lickley told the jury that Tabak has been asked by police what he had for tea on the night of the 17th "Pizza, I think," he replied.

It would be of no importance to police what VT ate at 7:15 or anytime other than after Jo had returned home with the pizza. It is quite clear what they were implying and imo Tabak knew it by his sarcastic reply.

As said by earlier posters how could anyone remember off the cuff, what they ate two weeks ago.

It would be of no importance to police what VT ate at 7:15 or anytime other than after Jo had returned home with the pizza. It is quite clear what they were implying and imo Tabak knew it by his sarcastic reply.

As said by earlier posters how could anyone remember off the cuff, what they ate two weeks ago.

What's the saying... 'Many a true word spoken in jest'

Same here! Though some of my younger relatives have taken to saying 'dinner.' People who have really moved up in the world refer to it as 'supper.' :D

Tsk tsk. They need to get this right. Posh people have lunch in the middle of the day and dinner in the evening except on Sundays when it is respectively dinner and supper.
10.gif

I've a few questions for you clever lot, which will get my mind prepped for tomorrow's proceedings:

How long would it take to drive from Clifton to Bedminster, Bedminster to Failand , and Clifton to Failand?

In the UK, is it possible to trace geographically/physically where a mobile phone is at a particular time one sends a text?

Was there considerable blood on the wall at Longwood and was it determined it come from the inside of JYs' nose or from a cut on the outside?

How long after death does dripping blood stop exiting a body?

*Thanking you in advance*

He said Mr Jefferies ‘saw people coming out after dark as he was parking his car. I don’t think he was really paying any attention but just assumed they were from Flat One – Joanna’s flat.
‘He didn’t know if they were male or female. It was after about 9pm and he thought they must have been her with friends, or just friends of hers.’

Another neighbour, Liz Lowman, said: ‘He said he saw two to three people leave the basement flat entrance talking in mild quiet tones. He does not remember what sex they are or what they look like.’

I wonder could he have seen the Laymans as they passed, maybe slowing down and talking together, discussing the screams ?

I've a few questions for you clever lot, which will get my mind prepped for tomorrow's proceedings:

How long would it take to drive from Clifton to Bedminster, Bedminster to Failand , and Clifton to Failand?

In the UK, is it possible to trace geographically/physically where a mobile phone is at a particular time one sends a text?

Was there considerable blood on the wall at Longwood and was it determined it come from in inside of JYs' nose or from a cut on the outside?

How long after death does dripping blood stop exiting a body?

*Thanking you in advance*

OK, traffic permitting it would take approx 10 mins Clifton to Bedminster, 10-15 mins Bedminister to Failand, and approx 10 mins Clifton to Failand. Allowing 5-10 mins either side on each leg. - So about half hour - 45 mins, but up to an hour if the traffic was bad assuming you take each leg without stopping long in between each one.

I think it is possible to trace a text roughly to where someone would be, as well as the normal pings a phone sends/receives travelling around mast to mast. I'm not sure how accurate it is, I think it's not as good as tracing someone with GPS. It depends on pings and how many phone masts are in the area, and of course the phone would need to be switched on.

The other questions, I have no idea. I don't think it was disclosed how much blood was left on the wall (excuse me if I'm wrong) - I think it was mentioned but not how much.

Was there considerable blood on the wall at Longwood and was it determined it come from the inside of JYs' nose or from a cut on the outside?/QUOTE]

I read it was thought to have come from a little pocket of blood inside her nose which dislodged when he tried to get her over the wall.

Hi all - new to this forum but have followed the JY case since its early days.

My thoughts on this question - I'm really not certain but wasn't mobile phone data used in the discovery/arrests etc in the murder case of Sian O'Callaghan earlier this year? I think mobile phone records could definitely be used in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member