GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but they seem to be going for the 'sexual' intention - what 'proof' have they got of that?

None, as far as I can see.

... the only thing I can think that will really work in their favour for that is his incriminating internet searches...

It's not a crime to search the internet, so they aren't incriminating, I'm afraid.

@jonkay01

Jo's mum is looking down as the police pictures of injuries are shown. Her father and boyfriend Greg occasionally looking at the screen.

VT: Yes, I am taller than Jo was - and "maybe" stronger - but, as far as I can remember, there was no struggle.

VT is now being shown the signed statements he gave to police.

He is asked why he didnt explain in early statements to police HOW he had killed Jo. He says that was advice from legal team at the time.

@kirstygardner

He is shown "grip marks" on her arms, bruises on her wrist, left arm bruises. That's you gripping her as part of struggle? I don't know

@skynewsgatherer

"That's you gripping her arms Mr Tabak, is it not ?" says Mr Lickley. "I don't know," says VT.

Lickley: "That's what this was, a young woman struggling to fend you off." VT:"As far as I can remember there was no struggle."

Tabak being shown copies of the defence statement he made.

In the statement Tabak says he couldn't remember whether he rang the bell or whether Joanna opened the door.

The statement also says Tabak did not have a clear recollection of what happened in the flat.

Tabak has just given evidence that he took his coat off and was offered a drink. He also recounted a conversation with Joanna.

I cannot believe all these 'I dunno' answers and 'I don't remember'

He really is totally unbelievable

Newbie here. I think there are signs of a sexual motive. There's the underwear found in the hall - have they explained this? Also strangulation can be a sexual thing. I'd be asking his girlfriend if he tried it on her.

I do wonder if he was in the house when she came home (don't know how he got in though), perhaps in the bedroom going through her things. She comes in, put pizza in, gets a drink then goes into bedroom, maybe to take off earrings. Discovers him and they struggle in the hall. He drops underwear on broken pedestal in struggle.

Or he could have used whatever excuse to get into the flat. I really do not think this is manslaughter. You push someone, they hit their head and die - that could be manslaughter. You strangle someone - no! That's only done for sexual pleasure or murder..neither options help his case!

I cannot believe all these 'I dunno' answers and 'I don't remember'

He really is totally unbelievable

Yes, if he can't remember what actually happened, surely the evidence with all the injuries, etc, will have to speak for itself.

@rupertevelyn

22nd sept doc says Tabak had acknowledged Jo in the past. asked when he says he can't remember

'i only remember certain bits' you remember trying to kiss her. why is that not mentioned here?

why no mention of a kiss or trying to kiss? 'following advice from legal team' says Tabak.

statement talks of holding throat for about 20 seconds and using moderate force. He says he established scale of force from legal team

you've added detail today of moving from kitchen to bedroom, there's no mention of the flirtatious remark

you do not have a clear recollection but you remember certain bits including where it happened but it's not mentioned in defence statement

Lickley QC now asking Vincent Tabak as he refers to him to look at the timeline of events

@KirstyGardner

Tabak repeatedly says information is missing from his statements on legal advice.

Surely if the judge is stating that VT has added information about the flirtatious remark today in court, that sounds quite damning.

"Judge says VT made no mention of the "flirtatious remark" he claims Jo made in his signed statements. He said it in court earlier."

jonkay01

Prosecution asks VT why he can now "remember" certain things that happened that night - while he has no recollection of other things.

@skynewsgatherer

Mr Lickley asking about the screams heard by neighbours. "Was that you attacking Joanna Yeates, as soon you entered the property."
"Attacking her in the hall way," says Lickley. Tabak: " I don't know,"
Mr Lickley asking Tabak if he attacked Joanna before he sent the text to Tanja at half nine. Tabak:" I don't know"
Mr Lickley asking if Tabak had put a pair of Joanna's knickers on a console in the flat. He says he can't remember.
"Far from panicking you were completely in control," says Mr Lickley. "Particularly when you had your hands around her throat."
"You were think straight because you could have let her go.. You were thinking about killing her or causing her serious harm." Lickley

@rupertevelyn

Lickley asks VT if Joanna Yeates had been home only a few minutes had she not? 'i dunno' says Tabak
pair of pants or knickers on top of the console. did you put them there? 'i can't remember'
why did you take her body into the bedroom? 'i was in a state of panic distress'
at any point you could have let go.... correct? 'it felt like a very short period i wasn't thinking straight'

@kirstygardner

He is asked if he attacked her in the hall. No. Prosecution saying texts to girlfriend were sent after Jo was killed.

Surely if the judge is stating that VT has added information about the bedroom and a kiss today in court, that sounds quite damning.

I agree!

Clegg must be inwardly shaking his head; I find it odd that he let VT take the stand given his inclination to change his story!

Clegg must be inwardly shaking his head; I find it odd that he let VT take the stand given his inclination to change his story!

he's thrown him to the wolves

And now he doesn't know if he killed JY before he sent the text to TM having recounted under oath this morning that he did!

@skynewsgatherer
Mr Lickley queries that whilst in Asda Tabak had the "presence of mind" to buy rock salt to grit an icy path.
Mr Lickley asking whether Tabak put the salt on the path where he had rested Joanna's body to cover a mark. Tabak can't remember.

@rupertevelyn
'i was definitely not thinking about killing her i didn't want to cause her any harm'
Tabak says he slipped and fell down on the path near the garden gate. did you injure yourself? 'i can't remember'
you had the presence of mind to buy some rock salt because the pavement was slippy? 'apparently i bought it yes'
when and where did you use that rocksalt? 'i can't remember'
did you put some down where you put her body down outside? 'i can't remember'
did you think there might be a mark on the ground where you put her down. you'd use it to melt the snow and ice? 'not that i can remember'

I didn't know about the knickers on the console table.

That isn't a very normal place to pop a pair of undies?!

@rupertevelyn
because of your job do you watch people ordinarily, members of the public are you interested in that? 'no'
were you out and saw her come home on her own? 'i was in around the time that she supposedly came home yes'
'i was going to asda to pass some time. to buy some treats for myself. i like those big style supermarkets'
i spoke to Jefferies after my small walk with my camera says Tabak adding he thinks they talked about mildew in the flat
what happened when Miss Yeates body was back at your flat? 'i sent that text message before going to asda it was before i killed Jo Yeates'

@skynewsgatherer
Tabak being asked whether he heard Miss Yeates come home, he says he can't remember.
Tabak: "I was in around the time she supposedly came home." He doesn't remember hearing her, or seeing her cat.
Tabak :" I was bored at home, I was missing Tanja, and wanted to buy some treats."

@kirstygardner
Prosecution asks why Tabak went to ASDA. Sometimes, Tabak says, it's nice to go to a big supermarket at might. And he had to defrost car.

If he had the nous to remove the pizza and an incriminating sock, why leave underwear in plain sight?

Am not liking all there "dunno" answers

@rupertevelyn
your evidence to this jury is you killed her after sending that text
VT 'at some point i put her in the bicycle cover' she's lying there in your house. what did you do? 'i can't remember' says VT

@skynewsgatherer
Jury now being shown CCTV of Tabak shopping in Asda while Joanna's body is in the boot of his car.
VT texted his girlfriend to say he was bored. "I was trying to speak to her, to reach out to her,I couldn't say I was in a state if panic."
Mr Lickley asks whether Tabak wanted to make sure phone records showed him in Asda at 1030pm. That he was trying to cover his tracks.
Tabak says he was just trying to sent a text.

@kirstygardner

He is being shown footage of himself outside ASDA apparently texting. Why use word "bored"? I couldn't say I was distressed.
You wanted support but here you are at ASDA with a dead woman in the boot of your car?

is he relying on some shrink to give evidence saying how his mind has blanked out some of what happened?

he better come up with something good for all these 'dunno's'

No.

Some people were equally convinced that it was him standing next to her in Tesco. What with that and the (authentic) film of him in Asda, one might conclude that he really likes supermarkets. :winko:

You are a mind reader!

'i was going to asda to pass some time. to buy some treats for myself. i like those big style supermarkets'

#Tabak tells the court he likes to walk around large supermarkets at night. He went out that night to Asda to buy 'treats'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member