GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He covered her mouth. He squeezed her kneck. With no provocation. He murdered her.

And before that he knocked her around. He's put his hands round her, she's gently tried to take them away. I don't believe she screamed then, that's a lie. He's grabbed her wrists and tried to force her, used increasing violence and force, maybe bashed her head on the floor or the door and during all that is when she's started screaming.

kirstygardner

He can't remember what Jo did as he strangled her. "she was definitely not struggling". Pros says she was resisting him. He says not.

skynewsgatherer

Lickley:" Think about it Mr Tabak, how did she react?" VT: "I can't remember" "Was she frightened," said Lickley.

Tabak says he "can't remember."

kirstygardner

You were not going to let her get away correct? (Long pause.)No

skynewsgatherer

Lickley:" That young woman was in pain as a result of what you were doing, correct." VT: "No"

VT:" I was in a state of total panic and yes I put my hand on her neck," Tabak asked to show court what he did.

kirstygardner

Pros say she was in pain. And you knew it. Correct? No I didn't She was struggling to breathe. Correct? I was not thinking of that

@rupertevelyn

Back up. Lickley saying Joanna was struggling to breathe. VT said 'i wasn't thinking'

VT showing how he put his right hand round Jo's neck

you're squeezing her throat with your right hand, your dominate hand, you r left hand was over her mouth making it impossible to breathe

VT says 'that was not my intention'

@kirstygardner

Pros say she was in pain. And you knew it. Correct? "No I didn't" She was struggling to breathe. Correct? "I was not thinking of that"

so this is all happening in the kitchen then?

Apparently

From SWNS
Both Jo and Tabak were in the kitchen standing up, Tabak declined drink, they chatted then Tabak "I made the pass at her"

I suspect that the phrase 'can't remember' will crop up with some frequency.

To be fair to this guy and I am certainly not excusing him, but I was assaulted about 4 years ago. I fought back, but I couldn't tell you much of what and how I did it.

Parts of it are a blur, I suppose the adrenaline kicked in. It just happened so quickly to me.

That, or I have a bad memory?

skynewsgatherer

Tabak holds up right hand. He says his other hand was on Joanna's mouth.

"It was long enough for her to go limp in your hand. Do you remember that?" asks Lickley. " Yes, I remember," says Tabak.

"Were you looking into her eyes?" asks Lickley. VT:" I can't remember,"

"Did you know she was dead?" VT:" I was hoping she had passed out." "You knew she was dead as that's what you intended to do" said Lickley

kirstygardner

Tabak standing with hands gripping the box. Looking at QC and then glancing down.

I was hoping she had passed out but I knew deep down something was wrong. He did not try to resuscitate her. Did not know what to do.

rupertevelyn

Greg Reardon leaning forward in the public gallery watching this exchange between VT and Lickley qc

so this is all happening in the kitchen then?

I'm not quite sure where this is supposed to be happening... :confused:

@kirstygardner

Tabak shows court how he put hand around her throat. Left hand was over her mouth. It was impossible for her to breathe? Not my intention.

I was hoping she had passed out but I knew deep down something was wrong. He did not try to resuscitate her. Did not know what to do.

He says he did not try to touch her breast. That is not why she screamed. He put Jo in her bedroom and left her dead body on bed.

QC now accusing him of plotting what to do. Going to ASda to be seen. Sending texts etc. Tabak denies this.

@rupertevelyn

20 seconds might have been more? 'yes but very likely it might have been less. I remember that she went limp yes'

was all of this taking place in the kitchen? 'yes' no other room

VT says he can't remember if he was looking into her eyes or face

'she fell to the floor yes' you knew she was dead? 'yes and no i was hoping that she had passed out but deep down....

.....deep down i knew she was dead' you made no attempt to resuscitate her 'no'

Greg Reardon leaning forward in the public gallery watching this exchange between VT and Lickley qc

'while i left i took my jacket from the coat rack, it fell over' did you put it back up? 'yes'

where did you put her down between flat 1 and 2. 'somewhere on the ground. I can't remember'

re: Vt in waitrose?

True, but the only opinion that matters is that of the prosecution, and they haven't seen fit to suggest it was vt, despite the fact that it would strengthen their case if it was him.

true, i dont know how these things work ,could it come out at some stage or would it not be regarded as acceptable evidence , cctv. Althought it seems the jury has seen it.

Or maybe not in the kitchen

was all of this taking place in the kitchen? 'yes' no other room

skynewsgatherer

Lickley: "So you left the flat door open with her dead body on the bed" Tabak: "Yes"

Lickley: "Did you put her on your bed?" VT:" No I didn't"

rupertevelyn

where did you put her down between flat 1 and 2. 'somewhere on the ground. I can't remember'

you turned off the tv why? 'i don't know' you turned off the oven why? 'i don't know'

had the pizza been in the oven was it still in it's box did you take it back to your flat. 'yes'

did you take that pizza back and eat that pizza 'no' says VT

so he's got his right hand around her throat, and his left hand over her mouth - how comes she couldn't pull her head back away from his left hand? was his right hand keeping her stable/upright? or was she pushed up against something? that kitchen is small..

@kirstygardner

Tabak says he did not put Jo on his bed in his flat but the spare bed. He says does not know why he turned off tv and oven.

rupertevelyn

you drove with her body to asda you bought rock salt, packet of crisps and beer 'yes'

skynewsgatherer

#TabakTrial adjourned until 2pm.

@evansma
Pizza was still in its box when VincentTabak took it from her flat.
VincentTabak denies eating the Tesco Finest pizza JoYeates had bought earlier that evening.

@KirstyGardner

Lickley asks how putting a hand across her mouth would calm her down. Tabak says he was apologising. He can't remember what happened then.

He remembers taking hand away and putting it back when she screamed again. He can't remember her reaction

"Did you see in her eyes she was frightened?" "I can't remember." "All you had to do was walk out?" "Yes I didn't."

He can't remember what Jo did as he strangled her. "she was definitely not struggling". Pros says she was resisting him. He says not.

You were not going to let her get away correct? (Long pause.) No

LIAR. :furious:

To be fair to this guy and I am certainly not excusing him, but I was assaulted about 4 years ago. I fought back, but I couldn't tell you much of what and how I did it.

Parts of it are a blur, I suppose the adrenaline kicked in. It just happened so quickly to me.

That, or I have a bad memory?

:( :hug:

so he's got his right hand around her throat, and his left hand over her mouth - how comes she couldn't pull her head back away from his left hand? was his right hand keeping her stable/upright? or was she pushed up against something? that kitchen is small..

Sounds like a very awkward position, handswise, and I would have thought it difficult to apply any pressure worth speaking of, unless there was a hard surface behind her head. I just do not find this at all convincing.

@KirstyGardner

I wanted to reach out to Tanja and get her love but I couldn't say what I had done - Tabak

Nigel Lickley QC says case has sexual element. Tabak says no. Trying to kiss her was not sexual. He just wanted kisses. Nothing more.

Why were you going to stop at just kissing? Because that is wanted to do. Just kissing.

So if he really loved TM why come on to JY?

IMO I believe the text he sent TM could also be interpreted as also being sarcastic.

The other day I had a look at the CCTV pictures of him in ASDA to see if he was wearing gloves. I concluded that he was. (If I am wrong and have misread the image, someone here will tell me, I hope.)

However, I noticed from the tweets in the later part of his evidence , Clegg asked him if he was wearing gloves at any time. The answer was No. So I was surprised at that. It was a very cold night for one thing. For another, look at the nature of the activities he was carrying out that night.

The other day I had a look at the CCTV pictures of him in ASDA to see if he was wearing gloves. I concluded that he was. (If I am wrong and have misread the image, someone here will tell me, I hope.)

However, I noticed from the tweets in the later part of his evidence , Clegg asked him if he was wearing gloves at any time. The answer was No. So I was surprised at that. It was a very cold night for one thing. For another, look at the nature of the activities he was carrying out that night.

Possibly another lie because did they or did they not find his prints in her flat?

If they didn't find any prints, he probably methodically cleaned up, which does not show that he was particularly 'shocked' and 'couldn't remember', 'couldn't think', as he is claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018