GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross examination has just started!

skynewsgatherer

Tabak now being cross examined by prosecution counsel Nigel Lickley, QC.

Tabak admits to being a calculating after he dumped Joanna's body

Lickley:"You are calculating, dishonest and manipulative - correct?" Tabak:" yes"

@KirstyGardner

Prosecution now examining Tabak. He is asked if he is a "very calculating person". He says he was calculating after her death.

Tabak admits lying to the police and misleading Tanja. He admits manipulating her to make her feel sorry for him

He admits manipulating his family. "you are very calculating, dishonest and manipulative" "yes." But he says he is not being that today.

"You were manipulative when you told Tanja in a text you were bored?" "No." "In a later text?" "Yes"

@richardpayneitv
Tabak - i can only say i am sorry for her death and putting her parents and Greg through a week of hell not knowing where she was.

Only a week? Like after that they were OK.

@skynewsgatherer
Clegg:" Why didn't you tell police the truth?" Tabak:" I was stupidly hoping they didn't have enough evidence to link me to what I did."

Precisely. He only cares about his own wretched skin.

I might be naive but I am finding him plausible, of course it would be different actually seeing him giving evidence.
He is not coming across as a violent . Stress can cause you to become detatched from reality.
I think that if I had done what he did I would have written a confession and then topped myself, I couldn't live with knowing I had taken a life

@KirstyGardner

I wanted to reach out to Tanja and get her love but I couldn't say what I had done - Tabak

Nigel Lickley QC says case has sexual element. Tabak says no. Trying to kiss her was not sexual. He just wanted kisses. Nothing more.

Why were you going to stop at just kissing? Because that is wanted to do. Just kissing.

Thank you for the updates!

Here's a couple of photos of where she was finally found. The Yellow line marks the exact spot

Attachments

• DepositionSite.jpg
    DepositionSite.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Deposition Site 2.jpg
    Deposition Site 2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 16
All this .. I was waiting to be arrested, I couldn't believe what had happened, I should have phoned the police.. I had ample time. You did call the police VT, remember? You tried to pin your landlord!!!

How can he try to pretend he was so sorry? His testimony is so believable and so heartfelt, but the facts don't match that persona.

Re: VT in Waitrose?

A lot of people think it does, espessially on facebook. I think it is him, but we all have different opinions on here.

True, but the only opinion that matters is that of the prosecution, and they haven't seen fit to suggest it was VT, despite the fact that it would strengthen their case if it was him.

skynewsgatherer

Tabak says he texted Tanja because he wanted her "support, her love," Tabak wanted her sympathy.

Lickley:" What about sympathy for the young woman you had just killed?" Tabak replied:"That too,"

Pfft.

I might be naive but I am finding him plausible, of course it would be different actually seeing him giving evidence.
He is not coming across as a violent . Stress can cause you to become detatched from reality.
I think that if I had done what he did I would have written a confession and then topped myself, I couldn't live with knowing I had taken a life

He's got that covered.

Before his arrest Vincent Tabak says he thought about jumping off Clifton suspension bridge, arrested Jan 20.

#VincentTabak admits he contemplated suicide on two occasions after #JoYeates's body was found

Tabak: "The first time was when I was in Cambridge the day after Joanna's body was found and put me in a state of total despair

Tabak thought again of suicide when he read that DNA had been found on Joanna's body. "I thought that's it," he said

@KirstyGardner

He is asked if she was attractive - he said only when he wanted to kiss her not before. He liked her face - just how she looked.

Said before 17th he had not thought about kissing Jo or sex.

Tabak says Jo indicated to front door but can't remember how. Pros say perhaps she didn't. He says she did. She opened it.

He says Jo invited him in. "she asked me if I wanted to join her in the kitchen". He says did not find her attractive then.

He is questioned about "flirty" comment about the cat. They chatted. " I leaned forward and tried to put my hand behind her back"

kirstygardner

Nigel Lickley QC says case has sexual element. Tabak says no. Trying to kiss her was not sexual. He just wanted kisses. Nothing more.

Why were you going to stop at just kissing? Because that is wanted to do. Just kissing.

He is asked if she was attractive - he said only when he wanted to kiss her not before. He liked her face - just how she looked.

Said before 17th he had not thought about kissing Jo or sex.

skynewsgatherer

"What did you find attractive about Joanna," said Lickley. "How she looked, how she was behaving towards me," said Tabak.

Tabak denies that trying to kiss Joanna was a sexual act. " You were thinking of having sex with Joanna Yeates," said Lickley,QC.

Tabak denied that he wanted anything more than kisses from Joanna Yeates. "Did you find her attractive?" said Lickley.

He didn't top himself though, did he? Thought he was going to get away with it. .

Believe me.. I have first hand experience of people who can say the most heartfelt things, make you believe they are genuine. Make you feel sorry for them. Even make you like and love them. Yet their actions and doings cause hurt and pain.

What is the true test of a person is their actions.

In covering her mouth and squeezing her kneck he was being aggressive and violent. Yet he says he was just trying to make her quiet. It doesn't matter what reasons people give and what story they tell to set the scene. Unless in a life threatening situation, you just don't behave like that. I think sometimes the more we discuss these things the more we get bogged down in the detail.

He covered her mouth. He squeezed her kneck. With no provocation. He murdered her.

skynewsgatherer

Mr Lickley,QC, asks Tabak to demonstrate how Joanna had waved and invited him to the door.

kirstygardner

Tabak says Jo indicated to front door but can't remember how. Pros say perhaps she didn't. He says she did. She opened it.

He says Jo invited him in. "she asked me if I wanted to join her in the kitchen". He says did not find her attractive then.

skynewsgatherer

Lickley: "You say that Joanna made a flirty comment?" Tabak: " Yes"

Tabak: " I leaned forward and tried to put my hands behind her back."

Lickley:"She backed off?" Tabak:" No she started screaming,"

Tabak: " I said sorry, for somehow making her sceam."

@KirstyGardner

Lickley asks how putting a hand across her mouth would calm her down. Tabak says he was apologising. He can't remember what happened then.

He remembers taking hand away and putting it back when she screamed again. He can't remember her reaction

"Did you see in her eyes she was frightened?" "I can't remember." "All you had to do was walk out?" "Yes I didn't."

He can't remember what Jo did as he strangled her. "she was definitely not struggling". Pros says she was resisting him. He says not.

You were not going to let her get away correct? (Long pause.) No

kirstygardner

Lickley asks how putting a hand across her mouth would calm her down. Tabak says he was apologising. He can't remember what happened then.

He remembers taking hand away and putting it back when she screamed again. He can't remember her reaction #joyeates

Did you see in her eyes she was frightened? I can't remember. All you had to do was walk out? Yes I didn't.

skynewsgatherer Harriet Tolputt
Tabak says he can't remember how long he had hand his over Joanna's mouth. Or what he was doing with his other hand.

I suspect that the phrase 'can't remember' will crop up with some frequency.

@KirstyGardner

He remembers taking hand away and putting it back when she screamed again. He can't remember her reaction

"Did you see in her eyes she was frightened?" "I can't remember." "All you had to do was walk out?" "Yes I didn't."

He can't remember what Jo did as he strangled her. "she was definitely not struggling". Pros says she was resisting him. He says not.

so this is all happening in the kitchen then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member