Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak is occasionally sipping water from a plastic cup. Jo's mum Theresa is now looking straight at him, listening.

Tabak said he went home and "had to get rid" of the pizza and sock. He went to dispose of them in Clifton. In a nearby recycling centre.

Tabak confirms this is why he was "constantly checking the news" in the following days - worried the pizza would be found.

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak: I am so sorry for doing that. I put Jo's parents through a week of hell.

Tabak: I took body out of bike bag, placed it by the roadside and put bag back in the car.

Tabak: I was exhausted and sweating a lot. ----- Jury has been told his DNA (poss sweat) found on Jo's body.

He's got an answer for everything ... makes me wonder which came first: disclosure or statement.

rupertevelyn

'i put it on the roadside first in grass. i took Joanna's body out of the cover and put the cover back in the car'

can you help as to how those traces of blood may have got onto the wall? 'i tried to hide the body by lifting it over the wall'

'i tried it a couple of time' could you do that? 'no' was the body in contact with the wall? 'at some point yeah'

how did her clothes get lifted up? 'it could only have happened while moving the body. maybe in the car or over the wall'

you dna was found on the outside of her jeans. how would that happen? 'maybe while i was carrying the body' and the breast area?

'i think again while moving the body' ref to why dan found on Jo's body

'eventually i left her on the roadside verge. i was in a state of total panic. i'm so sorry for doing that'

'i know i put Jo's parents through a week of hell and i can't believe that i would do that'

It's interesting to hear what he has to say about moving Joanna out of her apartment and to a secluded arrea. I seem to recall discussion about the murderer wanting to move the murder scene somewhere else was significant. Until Joanna was found, no one knew what was happening to her ... her immediate neighbour was not really suspected until he was arrested.

I think he's been to Longwood Lane before while out cycling, and knew perfectly well what was behind the wall there. An unlikely coincidence that he picked the exact spot where a body might remain hidden for years.

A quarry with a very deep pit ... out of the blue, he picked that location ... right across from a bike path. What a story! Does his mother believe it?

rupertevelyn

went home having disposed of the cover, pizza and the sock.

'i was constantly checking the news in one of the articles i read the police were sifting rubbish i was afraid they'd find the pizza'

'i had decided to pick her up (tanja) because it was so cold and didn't want her to walk back'.

at home on the computer 'i was trying to distract myself i was in a state of despair shock'

1.38 am Sat 18th Dec Tabak leaves to collect Tanja from the coach

talking about his journey he says 'i was not paying much attention to the roads, i was thinking about everything that had happened'

1:48 Tanja calls Vincent to give him directions of where to collect her. He confirms he collected her

on the way home. Tanja suggested buying a burger she wanted something to eat after the party. They took the food home

did you tell Tanja what a terrible thing you had done? 'no i didn't'

Clegg says that ends the 17th december. Judge telling Tabak not to talk about his evidence during the 15 minute break we're now having.

VT walks past Jo's parents on his way back to the dock

So, did he go home after Asda & then continue to LL?

Good question ... did he go from the shop to a random location (the quarry), or did he go home, drink his beer, eat his crisps (crisis) and in the dark of night ... like 2 or 4 in the morning ... go to Longwood Lane ... or was it a few days later, since it wasn't until shortly before GR got home that he searched Lonewood Lane on Google Maps.

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

VT did not tell Tanya about the "terrible thing" he had done.

A short break. Tabak has been giving evidence for 90 minutes.

Good question ... did he go from the shop to a random location (the quarry), or did he go home, drink his beer, eat his crisps (crisis) and in the dark of night ... like 2 or 4 in the morning ... go to Longwood Lane ... or was it a few days later, since it wasn't until shortly before GR got home that he searched Lonewood Lane on Google Maps.

No. It was before the heavy snowfall during Fri/Sat night.

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak is occasionally sipping water from a plastic cup. Jo's mum Theresa is now looking straight at him, listening.

Tabak said he went home and "had to get rid" of the pizza and sock. He went to dispose of them in Clifton. In a nearby recycling centre.

Tabak confirms this is why he was "constantly checking the news" in the following days - worried the pizza would be found.

He was worried the pizza would be found in a recylcling bin? Seriously? No pizza was reportedly found in a recycling bin even though there was widespread media coverage about the missing pizza and sock.

Many believe that VT was in Waitrose . The footage has been shown to the jury and withdrawn from the public.
His account of events don't add up .
He said that had not gone out until after nine o'clock yet that cctv in Waitrose 8.10 pm shows a different picture .
If he can lie about this he can lie about anything.

Just maybe this evidence will be used by the defence and if the jury has seen this coverage and more convincing images on CCTV then I don't see how they can dismiss it.

A quarry with a very deep pit ... out of the blue, he picked that location ... right across from a bike path. What a story!

But if hiding the body was so important, surely he would have looked for a better location after failing to tip the body over the wall, rather than leaving it on a roadside verge?

I agree it all sounds extremely plausible, apart from the 'stumbling upon' a quarry and her chest being exposed 'through moving her'

I think that there was intent to murder her. To lean in to kiss her after ten minutes he must have been aroused and I suspect as soon as she screamed (and I think he gave her reason to scream and us keeping very quiet about it) he intended to silence her forever.

and I hope you're right! I missed you, tricksy girl! :loveyou:

Snap! I was just going to type that to you too! I missed you too! :heartluv:

I love the quote on your posts!

Have people been in the chat room following this case?

He said that had not gone out until after nine o'clock yet that cctv in Waitrose 8.10 pm shows a different picture

I don't think he went anywhere near Waitrose. The person in the video didn't look like VT to me and, if it was him, you can be sure it would have been pointed out by the prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie