Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak: "She went limp and fell to the floor. I was in a state of panic...shock..I still can't understand what happened"

Tabak: I lifted her onto her bed and went back to my flat in panic.

Tabak appears quite distressed. Wiping forehead often. Rubbing temples. Voice not so strong now.

I dont believe him. it doesnt pass the sniff test.

when someone tries to kiss you and you dont want to, you TURN YOUR HEAD. what did he do to make her scream? if it really was nothing, how does 43 wounds and strangulation follow? it doesnt. no way.

please let this jury have sense, please please.

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak: "She went limp and fell to the floor. I was in a state of panic...shock..I still can't understand what happened"

Tabak: I lifted her onto her bed and went back to my flat in panic.

Tabak appears quite distressed. Wiping forehead often. Rubbing temples. Voice not so strong now.

The ole' "I fell to my knees" defence! That's supposed to be what men do when they hear the wife they murdered was killed ... a stranger killing a stranger and then becoming limp? Maybe stunned disbelief, but going limp? He can't understand what happened? He broke her nose, covered her mouth, suffocated her, broke furniture, left her covered in blood from her shirt to her hair and wristwatch, and he can't understand? He was in the bedroom? The kitchen? ... when this happened?

The ole' "I fell to my knees" defence! That's supposed to be what men do when they hear the wife they murdered was killed ... a stranger killing a stranger and then becoming limp? Maybe stunned disbelief, but going limp? He can't understand what happened? He broke her nose, covered her mouth, suffocated her, broke furniture, left her covered in blood from her shirt to her hair and wristwatch, and he can't understand? He was in the bedroom? The kitchen? ... when this happened?

She went limp not him

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak: I picked up her body (deep sigh) and put her in the boot of my car.

Tabak pauses and sighs as he describes how "difficult" it was to put her body in his boot. Two attempts taken to do it, he says

Tabak: I can't believe I went to Asda. I was not thinking straight.

He still had body in boot of his car while in Asda.

rupertevelyn

....in boot of car' you decided to take body away from canynge rd? 'yes' what about Joanna's flat 'i went back there'

what did you do when you went to joanna's flat? 'i switched off the oven, switched off the TV and picked up the pizza and one of her socks'

how was sock separated from her foot 'i think while moving her body'

'i was in a state of panic. i wasn't thinking straight, was thinking of everything that happened'

VT says he took Pizza and sock back to his flat and closed Jo's door behind him

what did you do in relation to the car? 'it was parked in the street, i drove it onto the parking space next to our flat'

having moved the car what did you do? 'i went back into my flat, i picked up her body and put it in the boot of the car'

how easy to get the body into the boot of the car? Tabak pauses, wipes his brow, crying he says 'difficult'

says it took 2 attempts to put body in boot of the car

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak now struggling to speak as he describes his "state of shock" that night.

Why did he text his girlfriend to say he was shopping? Tabak says he was "reaching out" to make contact with her.

He was buying crisps but misspelt the text. He wrote "crisis". He now says that is actually how he felt - pure panic.

rupertevelyn

why did you go to asda? 'i can't believe that i did that, i was not thinking straight, i was in a panic'

'i think somehow i picked up my original plan to go there' says VT.

you send a text message to Tanja 'how are you i am at asda buying some crisis bored can't wait to pick you up' crisis not a typo

'I am so sorry' says VT

VT says crisis 'was how he felt, he can't believe he did that was in a state of shock and didn't know what to do. Total panic'

ETA The defence seem to be suggesting that some injuries pre-dated the attack. I'm guessing she may have had a bruise or two and maybe a cat scratch or something but that can't account for many of the stated 43 injuries

That's why I thought it would have been a good idea to ask GR while he was in the witness box. He would have been able to say if she was carrying any bruises etc.

I remember him saying that he heard a scream, assumed it was someone slipping on the ice and thought nothing more of it. For some reason I recall that he was unsure about the time, but maybe he was able to pin it down.

That was someone else - it has been discounted because it was heard in the daytime, so clearly had nothing to do with it.

Was the landlord out that evening - he was one floor up and should have heard something if he was at home.

CJ's flat is not the one immediately above. It is 2 floors up and on the same side as VT's. I don't think the name of the occupant has ever been publicly revealed. Perhaps she was not at home that night.

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak drove towards Bristol Airport but "ended up" in Longwood lane - an area he says he did not know.

"I did something horrendous. I decided to leave her body there."

Tabak: tried a couple of times to hide her body by lifting it over wall but I couldn't do it.

Tabak: during this process body "had contact" with the wall. He says this must be why her tshirt was pushed up, exposing her breast.

skynewsgatherer

Tabak:" I'm so sorry. I wanted to reach out to her. Tanja, to get support, hear her voice, anything."

rupertevelyn

how did you feel when you were home? 'a state of despair i didn't know what to do, panic, stress'

'i drove away from home, drove in direction of bristol airport and i ended up in Longwood lane' did you know longwood lane before then 'no'

what happened at Longwood lane, what did you decide to do? 'i did something horrendous i decided to leave her body there'

what did you do to the body in the boot? 'i took the body in the bicycle cover out of the boot' was that an easy task? 'no'

rupertevelyn

why did you go to asda? 'i can't believe that i did that, i was not thinking straight, i was in a panic'

'i think somehow i picked up my original plan to go there' says VT.

you send a text message to Tanja 'how are you i am at asda buying some crisis bored can't wait to pick you up' crisis not a typo

'I am so sorry' says VT

VT says crisis 'was how he felt, he can't believe he did that was in a state of shock and didn't know what to do. Total panic'

He tells a good story - but he has a phd in people flow, so of course he can tell a good story about how events unfold. I don't believe him. His story is too good and it matches the evidence too well. He's a clever man about sequence of events.

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak drove towards Bristol Airport but "ended up" in Longwood lane - an area he says he did not know.

"I did something horrendous. I decided to leave her body there."

Randomly drove there? Which bridge ... roundabout or direct?

skynewsgatherer

Tabak:" I'm so sorry. I wanted to reach out to her. Tanja, to get support, hear her voice, anything."

rupertevelyn

how did you feel when you were home? 'a state of despair i didn't know what to do, panic, stress'

'i drove away from home, drove in direction of bristol airport and i ended up in Longwood lane' did you know longwood lane before then 'no'

what happened at Longwood lane, what did you decide to do? 'i did something horrendous i decided to leave her body there'

what did you do to the body in the boot? 'i took the body in the bicycle cover out of the boot' was that an easy task? 'no'

He was an avid cyclist and had never ridden across the bridge? There's a bike trail right across the road from the quarry ... just down the hill from where he lived and he never knew it was there?

Jon Kay (@jonkay01)

Tabak: I am so sorry for doing that. I put Jo's parents through a week of hell.

Tabak: I took body out of bike bag, placed it by the roadside and put bag back in the car.

Tabak: I was exhausted and sweating a lot. ----- Jury has been told his DNA (poss sweat) found on Jo's body.

rupertevelyn

'i put it on the roadside first in grass. i took Joanna's body out of the cover and put the cover back in the car'

can you help as to how those traces of blood may have got onto the wall? 'i tried to hide the body by lifting it over the wall'

'i tried it a couple of time' could you do that? 'no' was the body in contact with the wall? 'at some point yeah'

how did her clothes get lifted up? 'it could only have happened while moving the body. maybe in the car or over the wall'

you dna was found on the outside of her jeans. how would that happen? 'maybe while i was carrying the body' and the breast area?

'i think again while moving the body' ref to why dan found on Jo's body

'eventually i left her on the roadside verge. i was in a state of total panic. i'm so sorry for doing that'

'i know i put Jo's parents through a week of hell and i can't believe that i would do that'

I think he's been to Longwood Lane before while out cycling, and knew perfectly well what was behind the wall there. An unlikely coincidence that he picked the exact spot where a body might remain hidden for years.

So, did he go home after Asda & then continue to LL?

I was also wondering if he'd been reading the boards for ideas.

me too.... but there were some better one's than what he's coming up with - the prosecution are going to tear his story to shreds...

rupertevelyn

'i was exhausted i was sweating a lot. at some point i took off my black jacket as i was so warm'

did you wear gloves at anytime? 'no'

did you take any steps to try to hide the body? 'i took some leaves and covered her body with the leaves'

Jo's mother and father holding hands in the public gallery listening to evidence from her killer

having got home he decided to take the bicycle cover, pizza and sock and dispose of it somewhere.

'i drove around for a bit and eventually i remember a recycling station near victoria sq in clifton'

'i put the 3 items in one of the containers there'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member