GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it exactly. If he had pleaded not guilty to manslaughter, much more evidence would be being shown. As it is, the fact that he killed he, he was in her flat etc is not contested so there's no need to prove it

The fact that she was attacked, killed, put into the back of a car and VT was seen shopping shortly thereafter works in favour of VT having accidentally killed someone but it also suggests a calculatingly creative alibi (one he hopes will work). He even texted his girlfriend from the store to say nothing.

I've read about the pedestal/underwear somewhere in the news aswell but I had to really hunt to find it - it wasn't tweeted from court and I can't find it now

Is he claiming he was on the couch when he tried to kiss her? I hadn't seen that

Bare with me ... I get some facts wrong ... but I thought I read that she waved to him through the window to come in. He did. She offered him a drink and turned the oven on for pizza. They sat down (and I thought the couch) and he, misreading the situation, leaned in to kiss her, she screamed and 20 seconds later she was dead. He's suggesting that she was sitting so close to him that he was able to put his arm around her and - upon screaming - he was able to put his other hand over her mouth. They would have had to be sitting very close such that she couldn't pull away from his arm around her back. I think that the only way a woman could be over-powered by a stranger with one hand behind her back and the other across her mouth is if she is completely caught off guard. If she was facing him and he was leaning in to kiss her, I doubt a scream would be her first reaction. She would pull away before he could get his arm around her if she didn't want him to misread the situation - which clearly she didn't.

I did read about her underwear on the pedestal and that the pedestal was broken. I assumed that it wasn't completely broken because how else could the underwear be sitting on it. He had three days to deal with the evidence and conceal his crime.

I've read about the pedestal/underwear somewhere in the news aswell but I had to really hunt to find it - it wasn't tweeted from court and I can't find it now

Is he claiming he was on the couch when he tried to kiss her? I hadn't seen that

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...oat-for-20-seconds-to-stop-her-screaming.html

They included a pair of Jo's briefs which were on top of a green plastic pedestal which had been chipped

Mr Reardon noticed two broken pieces of plastic on a green pedestal in the hallway, with a pair of Jo's briefs on top.

He told the court that this was not the normal place they would be kept.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onds-stifle-scream-arm-her.html#ixzz1bJKak8dh

Forgive me for asking this but - if JY had been menstruating at the time - would it have been reported? or out of respect/dignity would they have left this detail out in reporting?

Bare with me ... I get some facts wrong ... but I thought I read that she waved to him through the window to come in. He did. She offered him a drink and turned the oven on for pizza. They sat down (and I thought the couch) and he, misreading the situation, leaned in to kiss her, she screamed and 20 seconds later she was dead. He's suggesting that she was sitting so close to him that he was able to put his arm around her and - upon screaming - he was able to put his other hand over her mouth. They would have had to be sitting very close such that she couldn't pull away from his arm around her back.

I did read about her underwear on the pedestal and that the pedestal was broken. I assumed that it wasn't completely broken because how else could the underwear be sitting on it. He had three days to deal with the evidence and conceal his crime.

Sorry I wasn't having a go - I was just interested as I don't think it's been stated yet where in the flat this took place. He'd been in the flat 10 minutes. Were they still in the hall? Had they gone and sat on the couch? The flat had two couches. I wouldn't think he'd have sat right next to her either.

I think we agreed that this photo was taken at a friends place.

Yeatesdoor.jpg

This is an early map of where she was found

yeatesmapquarry.jpg

yeatesroadtoquarry.jpg

This is an early timeline

yeatesmap2.jpg

I'm thinking scream might have 'carried' due to that small circular vent in kitchen window (especially if vent 'open' due to oven being on..... so front door not necessarily open

skynewsgatherer
Vincent Tabak called to the witness box

Tabak takes his oath with thick Dutch accent. He gives full name.

He says he was brought up in small town and is 33 years old. He left school at 18.

He lived with his parents, three sisters and a brother

Tabak went to university to study architecture for seven years. He left with a masters degree.

Tabak then went on to do a PhD at the same university. He researched the behaviour and movement of people in buildings.

After leaving Eindhoven University Tabak got a job in Bath in September 2007. He was fluent in English.

His job was a "people flow analysis". He worked in Bath until his arrest.

Court hears how Tabak did not have a girlfriend in Holland. He met Tanja Morson on line via Guardian Soulmates

Tabak and Ms Morson decided to live together and moved to Canynge Road in 2009

Tabak tells the court that the flat was well insulated for sound and it was hard to hear someone in another flat.

Tabak is asked if he wears a watch - he does not.

Tabak says he did not know his neighbours Joanna Yeates and Greg Reardon by name.

VT certainly couldn't have been passing by the front window - not legtimately. Was it the kitchen or bedroom window? Why would VT be walking in front of either the kitchen window or the bedroom window and, if so, would Joanna really wave in a dark figure walking past a window when there is really no reason for anyone to be walking past either window?

yeateshousephoto.jpg

Imagine how dark this path would have been at 9 PM near Christmas ... and we are to believe that Joanna saw VT, in his dark coat, outside the window and waved him in even though he did not even know her name.

yeateshouseshed.jpg

skynewsgatherer
Vincent Tabak called to the witness box

Tabak takes his oath with thick Dutch accent. He gives full name.

He says he was brought up in small town and is 33 years old. He left school at 18.

He lived with his parents, three sisters and a brother

Tabak went to university to study architecture for seven years. He left with a masters degree.

Tabak then went on to do a PhD at the same university. He researched the behaviour and movement of people in buildings.

After leaving Eindhoven University Tabak got a job in Bath in September 2007. He was fluent in English.

Court hears how Tabak did not have a girlfriend in Holland. He met Tanja Morson on line via Guardian Soulmates

Tabak and Ms Morson decided to live together and moved to Canynge Road in 2009

Tabak tells the court that the flat was well insulated for sound and it was hard to hear someone in another flat.

Tabak is asked if he wears a watch - he does not.

Tabak says he did not know his neighbours Joanna Yeates and Greg Reardon by name.

They met online. How about that.

skynewsgatherer
#Tabak says he and his girlfriend were constantly calling and texting each other when they were apart.

Tabak now being asked about 17th December - the day #joannayeates died.

Tabak and his girlfriend texted each other on the morning of 17th December when Tanja was on the way to work.

rupertevelyn
VT is crying in the witness box

How predictable... Bit too late for displays of emotion, Vincent...

VT certainly couldn't have been passing by the front window - not legtimately. Was it the kitchen or bedroom window? Why would VT be walking in front of either the kitchen window or the bedroom window and, if so, would Joanna really wave in a dark figure walking past a window when there is really no reason for anyone to be walking past either window?

Kitchen window. Apologies for brevity but I'm reading the tweets from today's trial - VT is giving evidence

Attachments

• VTKW.jpg
    VTKW.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 7
From Rupert Evelyn

VT says the normal way out of his flat was to go past Greg and Jo's flat

Was waiting for that one

rupertevelyn

His voice quietens. The judge asks him to repeat himself when answering a question about Tanja text mentioning their 'love'

Tabak says he would routinely access the internet for weather reports using BBC weather feed

17th started as 'perfectly ordinary day like any other'? 'yes' confirms VT

VT was working on a very very big project on the holy mosque in mecca. Working on the flow of pilgrims there

Jo's mother and father mostly looking down towards the floor.

Tanja went to a work party at Dyson near Malmesbury the night VT killed Jo Yeates

defence running through VT's journey home that night arriving home 'shortly after 7'. Tanja had already left when he got home

'love you 2. Hopefully party is more lively, missing you. xx' text from VT to Tanja after he got home

having got home VT went out for a couple of minutes. He thinks after he sent the text at about 7.15

He went outside for quick walk. He wanted to take pics of clifton in the snow. He'd just come back from sunny LA

He says he didn't take any photos and it was not as photogenic as he was hoping

VT holding on to both sides of the witness box. He's slightly hunched leaning forward.

once home he made himself some dinner, watched tv and had a beer.

From Rupert Evelyn

VT says the normal way out of his flat was to go past Greg and Jo's flat

Was waiting for that one

Was there only one path? I want to know what window ... kitchen?

skynewsgatherer

So possibly he was aware of her comings and goings and that her boyfriend had gone away?

Ah the all important time

Rupertevelyn
Jo Yeates didn't get back to her flat until 8.29 or thereabouts says Clegg

Looks like Rupert Got the time wrong

SWNS
Jo would have returned home at about 8.40pm. Tabak drove away from the flats at 10.13pm

Skynewsgatherer
Tabak's lawyer tells him that Joanna did not get back to her flat until about twenty to nine. And that Tabak drove away at 10.13pm

rupertevelyn

VT says he ate a pizza for supper that night. It was pre-prepared from a supermarket not one he made himself.

VT says he decided to go out again because it was lonely without tanja he did not want to stay home all evening. He decided to go to Asda

he was going to go 'by car' his car was 'on the street'

Are you able to say what time it was as you left your flat? 'no, not exactly' he says

Jo Yeates didn't get back to her flat until 8.29 or thereabouts says Clegg

"missing you loads it's boring here without you. V xx" - VT says he sent this text before he decided to go to Asda

VT says he stayed in his flat until 9.25. he says he left his flat within minutes of sending the text

VT now talking about leaving his flat 'taking my usual route past flat1'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member