GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
skynewsgatherer

Tabak agrees that he looked up manslaughter and murder to be clear in his mind what the difference is.

Mr Lickley now turning to the contact Tabak had with the police. Looking at statement made at airport in Holland.

Lickley:"Despite the internal turmoil you were suffering you were very careful about what the police recorded...it was a careul process."

"It was dishonest, you knew what you were doing?" said Lickley. "Yes," replies Tabak.

Tabak tells the court that he fell in the snow after he killed Joanna Yeates going to get his car.

Lickley:"Were you injured in the fight with Joanna Yeates." VT:" There was no fight,"

Tabak says he cannot remember how he got the injuries to his arm found during the police medical following his arrest.

VT:"I accept responsibility for Joanna's death." Lickley:" you don't accept responsibility for the injuries." VT: "I don't remember those."

VT shown photograph of Joanna lying in the mortuary. "Is that how she was lying on your bedroom floor," asks Lickley.

"Can you see how her bra is pulled up... You did that." says Lickley.

Lickley:" You moved her clothing, you pulled up her top." VT:"not intentionally" NL:"Is that what made her scream?" VT:"No"

Lickley asking Tabak about where he walked when he went to take photos of the snow.

I suppose the defence will be getting Dr Carey to say that she could have died in 5 seconds or somesuch. Mind you, aren't they the ones who have introduced the idea of 20 seconds? The prosecution needs to hammer home the fact that 20 secs (even 15 secs) is a long time to be squeezing somebody's neck if you don't intend serious damage.

rupertevelyn

was there in fact very little said? 'we had a conversation for I think 10 minutes'

that's the answer to a lot of your questions Mr Tabak i can't remember? 'that's because I can't remember says VT'

VT say's that a lot... selective memory.

That's all he can say, I can't remember ,if he is not imprisoned for a long time then there is no justice at all . The Judge is known for his lenient sentencing, let's hope this is not the case this time.

skynewsgatherer

Referring to police statement Lickley says "this is a very carefully crafted document." VT replies:"True"

Tabak agrees that in statement to police he "blended in" details of what really happened on the night he killed Joanna.

VT:" I was exhausted that evening after moving Joanna's body,"

Lickley questions that there was nothing in Tabak's demeanour that was visible to his girlfriend Tanja. That he "masked his inner turmoil"

Lickley:" You masked your inner feelings from the woman you lived with?" VT:" apparently yes."

Lickley:" You keep using the word panic.What were the signs?" VT:"Heart beating, sweating, couldn't stop thinking, not sleeping."

Lickley now turning to statement where Tabak starts making accusations against forensic science service.

Basically, she beckoned him in when he was peacefully going to enjoy one of his favourite activities (i.e. strolling around big supermarkets), ran to open the door and pulled him in, tried to force a drink upon him, flirted with him, was friendly and cheerful, which is, as a rule, a sign that the other party should make 'a move'; kissing someone (especially when you don't really know them) is totally not sexual, only enjoyable (presumed to the person on whom the kiss is being forced against their will), and clearly this is/was obvious to everyone except poor JY; then she screamed when he had his arm around her back and tried to kiss her (quelle surprise), and didn't stop screaming after he covered her mouth and grabbed her neck? Then she died in 15 seconds flat without him even noticing that she couldn't breathe and that he was squeezing her neck, and she never fought back for a second. Apparently strangulation victims just stand there pleasantly and let you squeeze their neck politely until they quietly go limp and die. He never intended to hurt her in any way and never gave her any other injuries at all (never mind the 40-odd unexplained injuries on her body). Then the poor VT starts drinking heavily and his suffering is terrible. The way he's going, they should be judging JY for misunderstanding him and for making him do it. Is he for real?

Steven Morris

Prosecutor: had Tabak used Jo Yeates' cat as pretext to knock on her door? "Not true".

Very likely IMO

I suppose the defence will be getting Dr Carey to say that she could have died in 5 seconds or somesuch. Mind you, aren't they the ones who have introduced the idea of 20 seconds? The prosecution needs to hammer home the fact that 20 secs (even 15 secs) is a long time to be squeezing somebody's neck if you don't intend serious damage.

Yes, the experiment suggested by someone on this thread of tightly squeezing a cushion while counting aloud the seconds is very telling. So much so that I would hope the prosecution or even the judge suggest that the jury try it.

Thanks again to everyone who's been providing tweets during the trial.

Yes, the experiment suggested by someone on this thread of tightly squeezing a cushion while counting aloud the seconds is very telling. So much so that I would hope the prosecution or even the judge suggest that the jury try it.

Wish I had Mr Lickley's mobile number, I'd text him.
10.gif

skynewsgatherer (Harriet Tolputt)
Tabak says that he can't remember where they were but that they were standing up.

I thought they were sitting down on the sofa... That's a contradiction VT.

Frenetic activity by prosecution so far - was getting concerned he'd let the events in the flat go by moving onto afterwards, but he's returned to the injuries.

I suppose the defence will be getting Dr Carey to say that she could have died in 5 seconds or somesuch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr Carey claims that most of the injuries occured after death, as a result of the body being moved between flats and into the car, and especially as a result of VT trying to get it over that very rough wall.

The apparent absence of any blood in JY's flat will make it difficult for the jury to believe that the injuries were caused there.

skynewsgatherer

Lickley:" You say you believe the DNA is insecure... But you knew that was all untrue." VT:"yes"

Lickley:"All those documents designed to manipulate the police and the process after your arrest." VT:" To hide my responsibility yes."

Lickley:"There were injuries to her ribs and back, was it you impacting with her, as part of the struggle?" VT:"There was no struggle"

Tabak admits that bruising to Joanna's neck we cause by him. NL:"Did she get away at one point?" VT:"No. It was very short."

NL:" You had her up against something, was it the wall, was it the floor." VT: "Definitely not the floor"

Tabak says that he can't remember where they were but that they were standing up.

Tabak asked by Lickley to imagine 20 seconds when he was holding Joanna's throat.

"Is that the time you had your hands around her throat and you squeezed and squeezed and squeezed." asks Lickley.

"It's not only uncomfortable and painful but it stops someone breathing," asks Lickley.

Preferably on Tabak's neck !!

skynewsgatherer

"What's likely to happen if you keep one hand over someone mouth and the other on her throat," asks Lickley. "I don't know," says VT

Tabak apologies again. NL: "Who are you sorry for." VT:"For Joanna's parents, for Greg." NL:" Are you sorry for yourself" VT:" No"

NL " This was a sexual attack by you and part of that attack involved strangling her." VT:"Definitely not true."

Prosecution cross examination has finished. William Clegg, QC, now asking questions.

Clegg asks whether Tabak had any injuries when he went to bed after the killing. Tabak says none that he could remember.

Prosecution x- examination finished:rolleyes: I wanted him to keep going!

@rupertevelyn
Tabak being asked to imagine the 20 seconds that he was holding her throat. Lickley says 'time starts now........ ......and it stops'

@richardpayneitv
Court falls silent for 20 seconds. Lickley: that's how long you squeezed and squeezed and squeezed.

Good man.:clap:

skynewsgatherer
NL:" You had her up against something, was it the wall, was it the floor." VT: "Definitely not the floor"

[/i]

Definitely not the floor, no, that would sound waaay too much like a sexual assault. Of course he can't remember most of the where-when-how if he denies everything that would make him look bad - that's a lot of stuff that would need to be reinvented on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61