Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@skynewsgatherer
Harriet Tolputt
"Clegg says Joanna took off her apron and put it by the door when she opened it to let Tabak in."

err? why?

It will be interesting to see if the jury is impressionable enough - stupid enough? - to be taken in by some of the brazen deflection tactics on show here.

Oh god I hope not. I really hope a guilty of murder verdict is returned.

The prosecution does not have to prove that 32 year-old PhDs know that strangling people tends to kill them any more than it has to prove they know that acorns come from oak trees or that "making a pass" involves trying to initiate sexual intimacy. In the unlikely event that the defence seriously wishes to claim such improbable ignorance it is for them to do the proving.

Absolutely. The law is quite clear on the subject of intent. As long as the jury is satisified that a reasonable man would be aware of the fact that strangulation is a 'particular way to kill' that's the end of it. Nothing else signifies.

Lickley's real difficulty IMO was how to state the obvious without appearing to patronise and while still respecting the tradition that the closing speech takes more than 30 seconds.

Yes again. I imagine Judge Field will have the same problem in his summing up.

Yes he did (and I forgot that), but I don't think there's any proof of it such (such as DNA evidence, fibres etc).

If we think VT has lied about most things, I don't know whether we trust him when he claims that or not.

He's a proven and admitted liar, but I personally think VT's evidence is a mixture of truth, lies and the undisclosed. Can't remember, don't know answers don't cut it with me.....he knows the answers to many of the questions that were asked of him.

And why lie about putting her on her bed, going into her bedroom ? If anything it implicates him more in a sexually motivated crime. One of those responses calculated to fit known evidence IMO.

If JY had a hole in her boot and that rendered the sock damp and wet, I can see why she took it off.

@skynewsgatherer
Harriet Tolputt
"Mr Clegg now addressing the screams heard by neighbours: "Can you be sure that was Joanna?""
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

@skynewsgatherer
Harriet Tolputt
"Mr Clegg says that people's perceptions can be altered when they realise someone has disappeared.
3 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone"

@skynewsgatherer
Harriet Tolputt
"Mr Clegg saying that eye witnesses initially thought the screams were from students - and that the man who lived in flat above heard nothing"
1 minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

@skynewsgatherer
Harriet Tolputt
""Ask yourselves whether it could be possible for any scream from that flat to be heard 75yds away through a stone building," Clegg says."

@skynewsgatherer
Harriet Tolputt
"Mr Cleggs says the reports of screams are a "red herring" and nothing to do with Joanna's death."

BeebJournalist Andrew Plant
#Tabak defence: "her apron was just by the door, rolled up. She'd said she was going to bake. She'd got a recipe from the Internet".

just as her Mum had said - OMG if he's used her grieving mothers words if his defence.....

Oh god I hope not. I really hope a guilty of murder verdict is returned.

Much as I don't believe the majority of what the defence say occured, I agree with Clegg when he said that the prosecution were sadly lacking in what they set out to prove.

We may want the verdict to be murder, but as it stands, there isn't enough to prove that beyond all reasonable doubt, so I think the jury have to go with manslaughter.

FROM THE BOTTOM UP

rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
BC says the injuries on Jo Yeates were 'extremely minor'

Rupert Evelyn
Bill Clegg QC 'it really is very unlikely that those sounds had anything to do with this case at all they are frankly a red herring'

Rupert Evelyn
Vincent Tabak sat in the dock listening to his defence barrister. He's looking down, leaning forward with his elbows on his legs

Rupert Evelyn
BC referring to another witness statement that said 'it did not sound like the cry of someone in distress'

Rupert Evelyn
Bill Clegg QC talking about intial witness statements from Lehman's in which they said 'i thought it was someone playing' not woman's scream

Rupert Evelyn
BC talking about the time between the screams.

Rupert Evelyn
Correction. Bill Clegg QC is sitting on the desk delivering his closing speech, only just noticed.

How peculiar, very informal and maybe considered disrespectful to the court. Trying to be relaxed and cosy with the jury perhaps ?

rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
Greg Reardon, Jo's boyfriend, shaking his head in the public gallery as Bill Clegg QC puts his case to the jury.

GOD BLESS HIS HEART

@skynewsgatherer
Harriet Tolputt
"Clegg says Joanna took off her apron and put it by the door when she opened it to let Tabak in."

err? why?

Why would she have put the apron on? Unless there was evidence that she was about to start baking as soon as she got home that night why would they assume she had the apron on? You wouldnt put it on just to heat up a pizza.

from BOTTOM UP

Rupert Evelyn
BC 'evidence points to it being unplanned, unpremeditated without sexual motivation and with death occurring after 9.25'

Rupert Evelyn
BC 'we do invite you when you're reflecting on the timing to reject that the Lehman's had heard Joanna'.

From Skynewsgatherer

"She was not in a rush and she was going nowhere," says Clegg. "And it fits in with VT text at 9.25pm."

Yes - how very convenient

Much as I don't believe the majority of what the defence say occured, I agree with Clegg when he said that the prosecution were sadly lacking in what they set out to prove.

We may want the verdict to be murder, but as it stands, there isn't enough to prove that beyond all reasonable doubt, so I think the jury have to go with manslaughter.

There is nothing for the prosecution to prove. The defendant has admitted responsibilty for the homcide, all we have here is an argument about the nature of intent.

I'm of the same view. I just hope the jury have more to work with than we have because, with what I've heard so far during this trial, if I was on the jury, however much I'd like to, I couldn't vote for a murder conviction because there's no way, based on what I've heard, that I can say I'm virtually certain that's what it was.

Strangling someone to death is enough in my book, unless he can show that there was some circumstance that caused his hands to be locked around her neck and mouth to the point that they strangled her to death against his will and he couldn't possibly have known or intended such a consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179