GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree that the mention of Aspergers may be misleading. We do not know at this moment what if any mental health or developmental disorders VT has, so to mention any is, to my mind, inappropriate until we know more.

Also, other than on these boards I have seen no mention of Masonic links, so again I feel that is inappropriate to mention that.

As for him once living in a flat that overlooked a red light district, well it wouldn't be the first time a university district was close by one of those. In Holland though, I am led to believe the sex industry is more regulated than in other parts of Europe, and I suspect he would have seen people coming and going more than having sex, but without seeing the flat for myself that's speculation on my part.

I do think that VT saw himself as separate from society in some way.

I do think that VT saw himself as separate from society in some way.

You could say the same about thousands of highly educated "loners & geeks" the world over. Let's hope they don't all harbour sick sadistic fantasies and have a propensity to murder.

Yes, absolutely, but I think VT saw himself as superior to society and law and not bound by it, as opposed to not belonging to it as many 'geeks & loners' may feel.

I think he is a dangerous individual who thought he was too clever to get caught, and I think he has committed other crimes and gotten away with then - possibly as they were against prostitutes who did not report them.

Please give a link to your source for this suggestion.

On May 5 Brother Vincent Tabak, a Freemason of Brunel Lodge number
7356, pleaded guilty to manslaughter at a court hearing.

Only what I have seen on the web. Is he, was he ? is that a genuine number, Lodge, does anyone know.

On May 5 Brother Vincent Tabak, a Freemason of Brunel Lodge number
7356, pleaded guilty to manslaughter at a court hearing.

Only what I have seen on the web. Is he, was he ? is that a genuine number, Lodge, does anyone know.

It is ! Just googled it.

On May 5 Brother Vincent Tabak, a Freemason of Brunel Lodge number 7356, pleaded guilty to manslaughter at a court hearing.

Although the lodge number is genuine, I'd treat the source of that claim with the gravest suspicion. The source is an amateur re-write of an article from the Daily Telegraph that mentions nothing about freemasonry. Some net kook who has an axe to grind has rewritten it to mention freemasonry every few sentences, including such priceless nonsense as ...

"On 8 February 2011 [VT] spoke to Peter Brotherton, a voluntary chaplain
with the Freemason domination Salvation Army, said the prosecutor, Nigel
Lickley QC."

"Brother Vincent Tabak had flown out to America for a Masonic gathering
after [JY] moved in to the home at the end of October."

"Freemasons claim that all their victims, including victims of their child sex abuse, are not injured, but suffering from paranoia."

I seem to remember that when CJ was arrested, similar net kooks claimed that he had been made to abduct JY for a ritual masonic sacrifice. Take care - there are real weirdos out there, and not all are behind bars.

Out of interest in Broadmoor & Rampton, are those convicted and the "regular" patients not segregated at all ? There are two entirely different reasons for them being there.

The overriding reason why there there is that they are all deemed to present a "grave and immediate" danger, and the majority will have been convicted of serious offences or deemed unfit to plead. I think they do have a "more dangerous than the rest" unit within them however, but no differentiation between the convicted or not convicted (so to speak), and really- why should there be? They are extremely secure hospitals, not prisons.

I've never visited those two (or Ashworth which is another high security one) but I have in the distant past visited a couple of medium security hospitals and those were bad enough. I visited almost every day for months on end and without fail during every visit one or other of the patients would kick off at some point, be pounced on by half a dozen staff and carted off to the "naughty" room to simmer down. The worst offender was a schitzophrenic arsonist. She was always going off on one and particularly partial to damaging light fittings/bulbs in the ceilings and running around inbetween -with her top pulled up and her unfettered breasts flopping about all over. She didn't like being beaten at Scrabble or Monopoly either...that usually set off a "light bulb smashing" episode and/or the odd flash :crazy:

I always kept a beady eye on her whilst I was in there. The rest on the whole were fine. Most of them were schitzophrenic, and on that particular wing they were all convicted of something or had a long history of being convicted for something. There were some damn funny moments during my visits and some very sad moments too. A lot of pitiful characters, all with a story to tell, pumped full of drugs to keep them "stable" and that was pretty much all the treatment any of them got.

I seem to remember that when CJ was arrested, similar net kooks claimed that he had been made to abduct JY for a ritual masonic sacrifice. Take care - there are real weirdos out there, and not all are behind bars.

Yes...and they had a network of secret tunnels under Clifton with signs saying "left for ritual sacrifices", "right to interfere with goats" and "straight on for the funny handshake room".

Does seem a bit weird but the question remains the same , was Tabak a Mason ? But he is not the only one out there with those ideas , all of them nuts I expect.

Yes...and they had a network of secret tunnels under Clifton with signs saying "left for ritual sacrifices", "right to interfere with goats" and "straight on for the funny handshake room".

Bit too far that, but there are some strange ones out there, like Tabak proved to be, so who knows .

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks for the laughs - although it feels disrespectful to be laughing when discussing this case - I couldn't help myself and maybe a bit of light relief is OK amongst all the tragedy here.

Jo’s mother Teresa, 59, said of Tabak: “He is a liar. Everything is about him and his ‘turmoil’.”

Totally right, how he was going to commit suicide, how he drank vodka, not to mention how he sighed and wiped his brow describing how difficult a task it was to get Jo's body into his boot, he actually had to do it twice. He tried but couldn't throw her over the wall, you would think he was talking about a sack of potatoes.

This man is totally self absorbed he gives not a hoot about anyone or their loss or pain. He comes across like an android, totally devoid of empathy or compassion for anyone, only himself and his plight

His personality his abnormal behaviour may come under a particular label such as sociopath/ psychopath or whatever but first and foremost he is an evil sadistic *advertiser censored* and a danger particularly to women and imo should never see the light of day again.

Thanks for the laughs - although it feels disrespectful to be laughing when discussing this case - I couldn't help myself and maybe a bit of light relief is OK amongst all the tragedy here.

I agree - the administrators wouldn't have the happy emoticons if we were not encouraged to use them on occasions. I wouldn't want to live in a world where death, cruelty and sadness over rides the ability to smile - perhaps if VT had more levity and happiness in his heart he might not have been driven to murder.

Does seem a bit weird but the question remains the same , was Tabak a Mason ?

Doubtful. You have to be quite a sociable person, rather than a loner, to become a freemason. And you have to be willing to give an awful lot to charity and community service in order to enjoy the monthly dinners and quirky ceremonies.

People are complex: they behave in complex ways and are capable of complex emotions. So I don't have any difficulty understanding how family can still love and support VT whilst at the same time being completely horrified by what he has done and hating the part of him that was capable of such a thing.

As to what's worse - your child being murdered or your child being a murderer: neither bears thinking about but I can imagine very little worse than being in the shoes of Joanna's family and loved ones.

After thinking about this for some time, obviously I cannot really imagine what it would be like. I can only try to imagine.

To me, I think it would possibly be worse to find out my child was a murderer rather than a victim.

If my child is murdered, I can keep my happy memories of the time up until their death. There is nothing to taint their memory, and I know that they are now safe from harm, and can never be hurt again.

If my child is the killer, I am forever haunted about what caused it; blaming myself maybe and knowing that no matter what happens, my child can never have a happy life, and will always be an outcast of society.

And don't forget your apron lol
This thread feels like May 2007 at times ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14