GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mikeymot there is definately something strange going on up there in Clifton. All these single men living near the school, the paedo ex neighbour, the sledding at night, the perceived respectability. I would not be surprised that what was initially a mmurder case has now sprung out to all types of different investigations. A lot of people may be very angry that Jo was murdered, not for the crime itself, but because of what it may expose in their habits.

Hello mikeymot up above, and welcome to WS.

Hi, LauraUK1,

The question only had to do with the possibility of Joanne's DNA being on the bottle at her flat. Cider is not really sold here [as far as I know].

It was said that JY bought two bottles of cider. I envisioned 2 small flasks and wondered if it would have necessitated getting glasses to drink it. But it appears to be like buying a bottle or beer, or a soft drink, which easily would be enjoyed by one.

Thanks and good morning!

The size of the bottles are a little bigger than a standard beer bottle such as the one used for Budweiser or Corona. I think the cider bottles are usually 500ml. From my experience, people do tend to drink them from the glass rather than the bottle but it wouldn't be entirely strange if she had been drinking it from the bottle - it isn't like a 2 litre coca cola bottle or anything.

hi and welcome mikeymot...

I feel somewhat the same in that I almost do not know what believe.
1. Strange body language and statements from the b/f and something not looking right.
2. Profile of the lanlord just points to him... odd ways when teaching way back, fav poem about the murder of a wife, linked to all these Clifton 'guys' and people who live/used to live in the block of flats at 44 Canynge, who all seem to have glowing things to say about him???? Arrogant/indignant about the finger pointing to him as opposed to being truly concerned about the crime and the loss of a life on his premises.

All Quiet on the Western Front today it's been so far, with a couple tabs resurrecting the Carruthers story from 36 years back, and others pseudo-bravely after the fact championing, with their column inches, in hopes the man won't sue them, Jefferies's innocence - or at least his innocence as proclaimed by his friend the pastor in South Africa, with whom Jefferies went up to Oxford.

Drab skies in Oklahoma today and I'm off to the doctor in a couple hours, so I'm counting on you guys to have this solved before I get back!

Second theory is that the the two oddball 'snowmates' next door are part of a paedophile ring which used to meet in Jo's flat (when the previous tenant, now in prison) was still living there. Maybe Jo saw or heard something which would expose them all and was silenced because of it? her body could probably have been taken through the hedge into the neighbours garden and quietly put in their car to dispose of later?

Good points.

I think there is something very odd about the neighbours inc CJ and I'm not basing it on looks.

Maybe CJ did see Jo with the "snow mates" but they later told him to retract his story... Maybe they have something on him and told him to change what he saw, hence his conflicting story.

Whether he saw Jo with people on the night is still unclear - the police certainly haven't appealed for these people to come forward which I find very odd.

I also find the "snow mates" relationship very odd - it's not typical landlord / tenant. Maybe they are old friends but there is a 16 year age gap.

I couldn't help but look at those snow pics and think they have a "homosexual" relationship.

JMHO

Yes mikeymot there is definately something strange going on up there in Clifton. All these single men living near the school, the paedo ex neighbour, the sledding at night, the perceived respectability. I would not be surprised that what was initially a mmurder case has now sprung out to all types of different investigations. A lot of people may be very angry that Jo was murdered, not for the crime itself, but because of what it may expose in their habits.

Agreed.

I strongly suspect that all is not as it seems in "Respectaville."

All Quiet on the Western Front today it's been so far, with a couple tabs resurrecting the Carruthers story from 36 years back, and others pseudo-bravely after the fact championing, with their column inches, in hopes the man won't sue them, Jefferies's innocence - or at least his innocence as proclaimed by his friend the pastor in South Africa, with whom Jefferies went up to Oxford.

Drab skies in Oklahoma today and I'm off to the doctor in a couple hours, so I'm counting on you guys to have this solved before I get back!

Yes, drab skies and rain here in the UK too, all quiet today, nothing much happening, I expect the police will give out some more information soon, they will need to keep this case on the front of newspapers and Breaking News on tv.

I'm off shopping soon too, so hope for some new evidence when I get back, or I will have to think of another story lol.

Not too sure how much to make of this, from Small World News Service just now:

An eagle-eyed commuter spotted the mysterious pair coming out of woodland by Longwood Lane near Bristol in pitch darkness at 6.20am this morning.

They were not wearing coats, were soaked from the rain and ”looked really agitated”.

The suspicious pair darted across the road and away from the scene where the strangled body of the 25-year-old was found on Christmas Day.

Details of the sighting have been reported to Avon and Somerset Police.

the rest at
http://swns.com/jo-yeates-murder-two-agitated-men-spotted-where-architect-was-found-071320.html

Probably a false alarm of course. Perhaps too they were looking for the missing sock. Perps, or police? either? neither?

Fellow UK people: Do you know what night the next Crime Watch is on? I'm assuming there will be a reconstruction for the programme.

Good points.

I think there is something very odd about the neighbours inc CJ and I'm not basing it on looks.

Maybe CJ did see Jo with the "snow mates" but they later told him to retract his story... Maybe they have something on him and told him to change what he saw, hence his conflicting story.

Whether he saw Jo with people on the night is still unclear - the police certainly haven't appealed for these people to come forward which I find very odd.

I also find the "snow mates" relationship very odd - it's not typical landlord / tenant. Maybe they are old friends but there is a 16 year age gap.

I couldn't help but look at those snow pics and think they have a "homosexual" relationship.

JMHO

Yes, I thought all of them are probbably gay. Which would seem to exclude all of them, if one takes into account that there " may have been a sexual motive " for this murder... MOO

All JMO

I agree with you that the family must be suffering terribly, not being able to bury their child. I also agree that the police probably already have a suspect (or two) in their sights.

I'm not quite sure what to think anymore...did have numerous theories, first of which was the B/F...having witnesses to the time he should have left Bristol ...decided not to travel alone..maybe rang Jo, asked her to pick up a pizza and drinks and arranged to pick her up. For whatever reason, they argue and Jo dies. He decides to continue to Sheffield, with Jo hidden in the car...arrives a little late in Sheffield..visits and returns on Sunday. From the Motorway there is a back route which would take him near where her body was found. Jos' body is dumped but he takes her coat, bag, keys, drinks and boots to place back in the flat...whilst removing the boots, one sock stays inside the boot but in his haste and in darkness[he doesn't realise until he gets back to the flat, disposes of the sock..maybe by wearing it? The pizza has been squashed in the struggle so he just dumps it...maybe from the car window on his way back (over the second bridge crossing to Clifton). He arrives back at the flat...with his bag containing Jos' belongings..which would not attract interest as he had just returned from a trip...sets the scene in the flat...maybe has a glass of cider..composes himself and eventually reports her missing.? Only started to suspect him because of his appearance at the appeal for news of Jo. For an outdoor pursuits enthusiast he seemed to be more in mourning...than searching for a missing person.

Second theory is that the the two oddball 'snowmates' next door are part of a paedophile ring which used to meet in Jo's flat (when the previous tenant, now in prison) was still living there. Maybe Jo saw or heard something which would expose them all and was silenced because of it? her body could probably have been taken through the hedge into the neighbours garden and quietly put in their car to dispose of later?

With all the 'drip' information that the police keep giving us..I suspect they have a very good idea of what happened but proving it.....that is what is taking all the time. I really hope the B/F is innocent...if only for Jos' parents sake...they have demonstrated great fortitude and dignity and I just hope that this case is solved very soon.

Sorry all....got carried away and forgot to say HELLO....find this site and your comments fascinatingI]

Welcome to Websleuths Mikeybot, I wrote a similar story where the b/f returned the belongings, and I was thinking of saying he took the body with him, it would give him a better time line, but I left it out, but an interesting theory.

Spot on! No wonder that policeman looks exasperated!

Good points.

JMHO
Certainly seems to be some sort of 'link' between them and if CJ did see three people...why would they all be whispering? Think Jos' fate has certainly opened a can of worms....just have to see if they wriggle out of it!!!

Not too sure how much to make of this, from Small World News Service just now:

the rest at
http://swns.com/jo-yeates-murder-two-agitated-men-spotted-where-architect-was-found-071320.html

Probably a false alarm of course. Perhaps too they were looking for the missing sock. Perps, or police? either? neither?
Could be they were looking for something they had left behind on a previous visit? If it is any of those mentioned in this case so far...I am sure the L/E will know about it as, hopefully, they have them under serveillance.

Could be they were looking for something they had left behind on a previous visit? If it is any of those mentioned in this case so far...I am sure the L/E will know about it as, hopefully, they have them under serveillance.

They could be looking for the sock...

Maybe the sock was recovered at the scene early on in the investigation and the police havse sent out a red herring about a missing sock to see who pops up near the body dump site.

Only reason I can see for the police not appealing for the missing sock straight away in the same way they wanted to find the missing pizza.

Hi everybody! Time to throw in my two penn’orth.

There are so many interesting aspects to this bizarre case. Focusing on just one for now: people are asking, “why won’t the police just eliminate GR once-and-for-all?”

Well, the police must surely have established that GR has a cast-iron alibi – it would be one of the more straightforward tasks in this intriguing case. He left Bristol at such a time as to be in Sheffield well before midnight. If he’d hung around and not got away till say 10pm – and everything seems to point to her having been murdered in the flat that evening, and carried off over the murderer's shoulder in the dead of night - he’d have been arriving well after midnight. Things were complicated by the weather of course, but the police can factor that in (their own motorway patrols would be aware of how traffic was flowing on the route he took). Also, his mobile would have revealed his whereabouts, unless he’d taken the battery out (as someone on here has already pointed out, I think).

However, the police may also suspect – or know - that his relationship with Jo was not as idyllic as has been portrayed. The fact that he thought it was “not untypical” for her to ignore his calls - on this occasion for more than two whole days, even after his long and difficult journey through blizzards, and with her supposedly having time on her hands at home all weekend - speaks volumes. It’s also consistent with the police’s even considering as a possibility her having let a Facebook stranger(s) (how can you call them “friends”?) into her home without GR’s knowledge. Think about it: even if he’d thought the relationship was rock solid before he went to Sheffield, it certainly wouldn’t have been after his return, once he’d found out that she’d entertained a stranger(s) in their own home behind his back. He’d have every right to feel disappointed in her - to put it mildly! I'm not saying she definitely did invite someone in, but then you don't have to, in order to conclude that all was not well with their relationship.

In summary, he has an alibi, but he may also have had a motive. Consequently, if he were involved, it could only have been through an accomplice – unlikely, maybe, but I imagine the police cannot rule this out at this stage, hence, but only for this reason, cannot formally rule him out yet.

They could be looking for the sock...

Maybe the sock was recovered at the scene early on in the investigation and the police havse sent out a red herring about a missing sock to see who pops up near the body dump site.

Only reason I can see for the police not appealing for the missing sock straight away in the same way they wanted to find the missing pizza.
Very good point....it is obvious that the L/E are, as you say, casting out red herrings as bait...either that or they are stupid...and I don't think they would dare make deliberate mistakes with the amount of scrutiny this case is attracting. Just hope, whoever they're fishing for, bites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14