GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about psychology and percentages isn't it?

If you had just killed your neighbour/friend/lover, how would you think? It would be something along the lines of

O.M.G !!!***!!! what am i gonna do now? :panic:

The body of a person you know is far too close for comfort. The Police are sure to come knocking at my door. But if the body is found 3 miles away, their psychologically placing a distance barrier between them and the body. Their way of thinking is, a body found three miles away could be the work of a wider area of people. It Lowers the percentages of it being someone close to home.

It's all panic reaction, they have to do something to try cover thier tracks. The truth is their pretty much stuck, damned if they do, and damned if they don't. But they don't have much time to think straight.

And the sexual thing.
The Police 'think' there may have been a sexual motif. Once again their assuming that's why pretty young girls are killed, but they have no proof to back it up.

Just my thoughts on it.

And interesting thoughts they are... But, IMO someone who has just murdered a neighbor, and who panics would be more likely to display that panic by removing * themselves * from the area of the murder,rather than the dead body ? And, I have to confess : I do not know what a "sexual motif " would be in the context of this crime ?

All JMO

And the sexual thing.
The Police 'think' there may have been a sexual motif. Once again their assuming that's why pretty young girls are killed, but they have no proof to back it up.

They haven't said that at all - they have just not ruled it out, which would seem to be the sensible course.

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, from Avon and Somerset police, said: "At this stage there is no evidence to suggest that Joanna was sexually assaulted. However, I have not ruled out that there might have been a sexual motive."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-motive-in-architect-murder-case-2175052.html

Lets have a look at the pizza box. It seems on the surface fairly insignificant, but what if the pizza had been shared by Jo and the perb and it wasnt all eaten. DNA would be found on the pizza. The best way to get rid of the leftover pizza would be to pop it back it the box and get rid of the lot elsewhere after dumping the body.

Which leaves me with the theorry that this may have been a sex game that went wrong. The perb panicked and managed to get the body in a car and dump the body not having the power to get Jo,s body over the wall. All IMHO of course.

But if the perp really wanted to throw the scent 3 miles away....then why not take the coat, bag, keys, mobile etc., and make it look as though Jo was attacked at, or near, that spot. This sure is perplexing.

That's because she didnt have them on and the perp wouldnt have made the connection to put them on -
For me it smacks of a quick exit, didnt even go back for the bag etc just wanted away

What i'd like to know is was the door locked or on the latch wnen the bf returned

Phone. I don’t think they can trace a phone unless a call is made

I disagree. Here's a copy of a post on the Daily Mail Website, which I posted here a few days ago.:

"I worked for the One2One mobile phone network 10 years ago. Each call / text could be analysed to see which cells the phone was connected to, and the signal strength received from each cell. This information would allow the location of the phone to be triangulated - as seen on the many CSI shows. Whenever a mobile is switched on, but not making a call, it regularly connects to the network to announce it's location to allow incoming calls to be sent to the phone. All of this information is logged and is often requested by the police, So the police will know the exact times of calls / texts and locations of ALL the mobiles that are relevant to this case"

And interesting thoughts they are... But, IMO someone who has just murdered a neighbor, and who panics would be more likely to display that panic by removing * themselves * from the area of the murder,rather than the dead body ? And, I have to confess : I do not know what a "sexual motif " would be in the context of this crime ?

All JMO

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, from Avon and Somerset police, said: "At this stage there is no evidence to suggest that Joanna was sexually assaulted. However, I have not ruled out that there might have been a sexual motive."

I've always considered that to mean that the perp may have kidnapped her with the intent of sexual abuse, but she died before he could carry out his intention. jmo

Just a random thought, maybe the perp managed to get Joanna into a vehicle and had intended to go back for her posessions but either 1) door accidently shut as he got her out and he couldn't get back in 2) he noticed movement and didn't want to risk re-entering..... and if door was on catch when Greg got back, that would make me all the more surprised as to why he waited 4 hours before raising alarm.

I disagree. Here's a copy of a post on the Daily Mail Website, which I posted here a few days ago.:

"I worked for the One2One mobile phone network 10 years ago. Each call / text could be analysed to see which cells the phone was connected to, and the signal strength received from each cell. This information would allow the location of the phone to be triangulated - as seen on the many CSI shows. Whenever a mobile is switched on, but not making a call, it regularly connects to the network to announce it's location to allow incoming calls to be sent to the phone. All of this information is logged and is often requested by the police, So the police will know the exact times of calls / texts and locations of ALL the mobiles that are relevant to this case"

Do mobiles still send signals if a battery had gone flat?

Ok here's my theory..

BF sets off(has already filled tank up and has receipt), gets call from brother or vice versa (progress check)
Because the snow set in from the north that day, skiing is muted for the weekend,
BF turns back - for skis (possibly may also have forgotten phone charger and his battery goes flat).

Arrives back 9ish, JY already in flat.
BF explains just popped back for skis and charger.
During the next ten minutes text message comes through from CAG.
BF challenges JY about this - also sees pizza for two and two bottles of cider.
Argument escalates and JY killed.
BF uses skis and large bag on top to get body to car.
Drives opposite way from Sheffield to dump body.
Goes to brothers as planned and still arrives midnightish.
Arrives home Sunday night 8ish, over tidies the flat and realises he needs to get rid of pizza.
Doesn't call police till midnight.
JY parents notice flat is unusual.

All theory JMO

Without power, battery out or flat, it is undetectable by the mobile network so far as I am aware.

The only thing i can tell you is this -

If you just pull the battery off the back of the phone the network does not know why your mobile is not transmitting & assumes you have lost signal.

If you switch it off, the phone sends a signal out before closing down to tell the network you have switched it off.

As for when the battery goes flat it is likely nowadays that the newer generation of mobile phones do in fact tell the network the battery is about to close the phone down & will not switch back on again until sufficient power in battery to transmit again.

Ok here's my theory..

BF sets off(has already filled tank up and has receipt), gets call from brother or vice versa (progress check)
Because the snow set in from the north that day, skiing is muted for the weekend,
BF turns back - for skis (possibly may also have forgotten phone charger and his battery goes flat).

Arrives back 9ish, JY already in flat.
BF explains just popped back for skis and charger.
During the next ten minutes text message comes through from CAG.
BF challenges JY about this - also sees pizza for two and two bottles of cider.
Argument escalates and JY killed.
BF uses skis and large bag on top to get body to car.
Drives opposite way from Sheffield to dump body.
Goes to brothers as planned and still arrives midnightish.
Arrives home Sunday night 8ish, over tidies the flat and realises he needs to get rid of pizza.
Doesn't call police till midnight.
JY parents notice flat is unusual.

All theory JMO

I am totally behind your theory, it's what I've believed all along, only I think he removes Pizza (cos he's handled it) on Friday and he dumps it somewhere on way to Sheffield. I also think that as he set out late, he could have filled up/receipted and rang her around the time she entered Waitrose and said he'd forgotten something, she said why dont you have a quick bite and then set off, that's why she's happy when she enters Bargain Booze and bought Pizza big enough for two, I think the reason she didn't put the pizza in the carrier was because he was waiting in the car, if the quality of the released street CCTV is anything to go by, I think the police have had a job looking for his movements.

The text from MW was the trigger, he thought she was planning a naughty weekend without him.

I am totally behind your theory, it's what I've believed all along, only I think he removes Pizza (cos he's handled it) on Friday and he dumps it somewhere on way to Sheffield. I also think that as he set out late, he could have filled up/receipted and rang her around the time she entered Waitrose and said he'd forgotten something, she said why dont you have a quick bite and then set off, that's why she's happy when she enters Bargain Booze and bought Pizza big enough for two, I think the reason she didn't put the pizza in the carrier was because he was waiting in the car, if the quality of the released street CCTV is anything to go by, I think the police have had a job looking for his movements.

The text from MW was the trigger, he thought she was planning a naughty weekend without him.

But the BF would not have needed to remove the pizza because he touched it or the wrapper.He could have said that he touched it when he came home on Sunday night ... No way to disprove that IMO

All JMO

Have a read of this from 31st dec, some bits in there that I've missed http://www.cliftonpeople.co.uk/news...fton-College/story-10457667-detail/story.html

Very interesting thanks.

I've seen a lot of speculation online about whether the flat was tidy or untidy when her parents arrived, but have not seen anything about the state of the flat in the press until this article:

"When Joanna’s boyfriend Greg Reardon, 27, returned home from a weekend in Sheffield two days later, she was nowhere to be seen.

Fears for her safety escalated as her purse, keys and mobile phone were left in the tidy flat, where there was apparently no sign of a struggle."

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, from Avon and Somerset police, said: "At this stage there is no evidence to suggest that Joanna was sexually assaulted. However, I have not ruled out that there might have been a sexual motive."[/I]

I've always considered that to mean that the perp may have kidnapped her with the intent of sexual abuse, but she died before he could carry out his intention. jmo

Just a random thought, maybe the perp managed to get Joanna into a vehicle and had intended to go back for her posessions but either 1) door accidently shut as he got her out and he couldn't get back in 2) he noticed movement and didn't want to risk re-entering..... and if door was on catch when Greg got back, that would make me all the more surprised as to why he waited 4 hours before raising alarm.

If he wanted to rape her,why would he kill her before he could do it ? And also, he could have raped her after he had killed her... I think that this was maybe a kidnapping that went wrong.Nothing to do with a sexual motive. IMO

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member