GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Destroyer.
I'll wait to see what a few other say first, but if the 8p.m time (which i'm sure i've heard before) is correct, then we have the 'golden hour' situation. In around an hour, and no later than 2 hours time Jo would be dead. That's going on the general consensus, and two seperate reports of screams heard around 9.15 p.m.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he did return to the flat after setting off at 8 p.m. Infact, has it even been reported he was seen to drive away?

I assume he arrived in Sheffield at not an ungodly hour to satisfy the Police?
But if he did kill Jo, and he stashed her body in that outbuilding around 9.15-30, then he set off to Sheffield, he is running little over an hour late.
That's easily talked away with the excuse of heavy traffic. But I actually think the traffic would be light at that time of night, and it was what is known as 'Black Friday' everyone is out on the razzle getting smashed because they've broken up for work.

Snowfall in Yorkshire was nothing more than a dusting that hit Leeds at midnight on Friday the 17th. Sheffield is only 39 miles South from here. There was no snow in Bristol looking at the C.C.T.V images of Jo, and the street view from the Hogs head pub taken just before 9 p.m. Put your foot down on a quiet motorway and you can pretty much make up for lost time.

Travelling to Sheffield he wouldn't have time to dump the body at Longwood Lane, but he would have time to hide it in the shed no bother.

I really think the Police need to get a grip of this case, to me they've been following the obvious, and have tunnel vision. They should establish the condition of snow depth on that grass verge outside the quarry that week. Was the road gritted for example.

I assume they have checked if the Quarry was in operation that week?
I think it would have been, they should question the drivers, the guy who opens the gate, and the regular dog walkers to establish if that body was there all week or not in their opinion. They also should check if the Quarry floodlights are on all night or not. This has bearings on the choice of location I.M.O.

The body was 'supposedly' snow covered when it was found. If it was covered in snow, then why wasn't it seen say the day before, or earlier?
The weather was still freezing cold on Christmas day, there was no significant thaw overnight to melt enough snow to reveal that body by morning. No thaw set in until Boxing day.

In the absence of information obtained from the relevant mobile phone company, the scenario portrayed above cannot be ruled out.

The later GR left Bristol, the shakier his alibi. Where and when did he top up with petrol? Would this preclude a return to Bristol?

I would have thought that after Soham, police would subject alibis to the most rigorous scrutiny. Have they done so in this case? If so, then GR is completely in the clear.

While I harbour doubts about CJ and the residents of no. 42, I have to wonder in which circumstances these people would contemplate murder.

Just one final point - is it not possible that Joanna Yeates' body was left behind the large boulder to the right-hand side of the quarry entrance (thus implying it was at least partially hidden)? I am not sure that the police have ever specified exactly where is was found.

I remembered when I read the bolded bit^ when Joanna's mum talked about Joanne & Greg, she said "they would cycle everywhere together", (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345194/Joanna-Yeates-Murder-Did-Jo-buy-dinner-killer.html) I also remember reading that the tenant who used to live in their flat said that you would need to climb some stairs to get to the front door of the flat. I wonder whether they kept their bicycles in one of these sheds that are being examined? and if they had their own key for it? I would imagine it would be a bit of a mission to lug 2 bikes down the stairs everytime you'd been out in them?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...discovery/article-3081225-detail/article.html

Dog walkers, runners and cyclists have not been deterred from using the lanes, woods and tracks near where Miss Yeates' body was found.

Cycled there before?? ..... you've given me an idea pipkins!

An interesting article, thanks, and the first time I've seen it said that the mystery 4x4 was caught on the golf club's cctv. No matter how bad the image, the police must at least know its make, and have a precise timing.

Judging by the amount of regular daily activity around the dumping spot, I'm even more convinced that the body must have been placed there shortly before it was found.

On a totally different point, I am astonished that GR's video appeal has suddenly vanished from the internet. I assume the police pulled it- I wonder why? An arrest tomorrow?

No, it's been missing from very early on, not sure if it was televised but never appeared on line?....perhaps they dont want it 'out there' to see if he'll slip up and say something different at a later date?

Thanks Destroyer.
I'll wait to see what a few other say first, but if the 8p.m time (which i'm sure i've heard before) is correct, then we have the 'golden hour' situation. In around an hour, and no later than 2 hours time Jo would be dead. That's going on the general consensus, and two seperate reports of screams heard around 9.15 p.m.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he did return to the flat after setting off at 8 p.m. Infact, has it even been reported he was seen to drive away?

I assume he arrived in Sheffield at not an ungodly hour to satisfy the Police?
But if he did kill Jo, and he stashed her body in that outbuilding around 9.15-30, then he set off to Sheffield, he is running little over an hour late.
That's easily made up with the excuse of heavy traffic. But I actually think the traffic would be light at that time of night, and it was what is known as 'Black Friday' everyone is out on the razzle getting smashed because they've broken up for work.

Snowfall in Yorkshire was nothing more than a dusting that hit Leeds at midnight on Friday the 17th. Sheffield is only 39 miles South from here. There was no snow in Bristol looking at the C.C.T.V images of Jo, and the street view from the Hogs head pub taken just before 9 p.m. Put your foot down on a quiet motorway and you can pretty much make up for lost time.

Travelling to Sheffield he wouldn't have time to dump the body at Longwood Lane, but he would have time to hide it in the shed no bother.

I really think the Police need to get a grip of this case, to me they've been following the obvious, and have tunnel vision. They should establish the condition of snow depth on that grass verge outside the quarry that week. Was the road gritted for example.

I assume they have checked if the Quarry was in operation that week?
I think it would have been, they should question the drivers, the guy who opens the gate, and the regular dog walkers to establish if that body was there all week or not in their opinion. They also should check if the Quarry floodlights are on all night or not. This has bearings on the choice of location I.M.O.

The body was 'supposedly' snow covered when it was found. If it was covered in snow, then why wasn't it seen say the day before, or earlier?
The weather was still freezing cold on Christmas day, there was no significant thaw overnight to melt enough snow to reveal that body by morning. No thaw set in until Boxing day.

It would have meant a detour, but according to AARoutefinder, it takes 18 minutes to get from Longwood Lane to Junction 15 (M5), + the time it would take to get from the flat to Longwood Lane (not via Suspension Bridge)??? 15 mins? as you say, that half an hour could be made up on the motorway.... It could only be the brothers word as to what time he arrived, the wife could have been in bed asleep, baby twin girls must be exhausting!

I know I am in the minority, but I can see how her body may not have been discovered in all that time......I know we all had different amounts of snowfall, but I didn't see my two wheelie bins for about 2 weeks! She would have been low to the ground and the snow would have drifted down from the large rock on top of her, God Bless her soul, she would just have looked like a mound of snow (incorporated into the large rock) iyswim.

I've always felt that whoever left her body was in a hell of a rush and wanted to disassociate themselves with what they'd done damn quickly.

i read in a daily newspaper recently...sorry can't quote chapter and verse...maybe daily mail...that there are a couple in their 70s...ex teachers...who used to live next to his parents when he was growing up.

only child, bright,solitary, probably doted on but he wd feel they didn't understand his intellect...
after father died and mother dying in bed neighbour found chris sitting on a chair, in the room with his mother, but outside her vision....
immediately on neighbour entering bedroom, chris got up and left saying that he had to get back to his studies.
said goodbye to mum and left...
mum never saw him again but he arranged funeral...maybe played organ.... can't remember details.
neighbours spoke of his lack of concern for her even though he knew that would be the last occasion she would see him...only child

might i be correct in the assumption that the landlord,chris jefferies, liked everything to be in its proper place and order.....

Possibly, but murdering your tenant is not a very tidy or proper thing to do. It would also discourage other people from renting the flat in future.

If he wanted to "snoop", there was ample opportunity for that any weekday during office hours, when they would both have been out.

Just one final point - is it not possible that Joanna Yeates' body was left behind the large boulder to the right-hand side of the quarry entrance (thus implying it was at least partially hidden)? I am not sure that the police have ever specified exactly where is was found.

Yes we went into the body location in some detail. I think the majority, but not all are in agreement it's correct.

The thread is here
Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #4 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

But don't mention a quarry wall pls :)

it was what is known as 'Black Friday' everyone is out on the razzle getting smashed because they've broken up for work.

20 years ago this might of been the case, but in the modern day 99% of business's large & small stay open right up until christmas eve. I work for a courier company & the earliest any customer closed for christmas was the 23rd Decemember.

This is the idea that pipkins gave me; check out cycle routes in Bristol.....

www.cycle-route.com

first one I look at - Bristol to Portishead Loop Cycle Route

Cycle Steps

This is a road route, that starts in the Clifton area of Bristol. It initially takes a direct leg over the suspension bridge, on the B3129, and along the undulating A369 to the M5. It then continues to follow the A369 into Portishead. The return leg takes you mainly on country lanes back over the M5, via a footbridge and Station Road into Portbury (which can't be displayed on this map. The map therefore takes the A369 and the High Street into Portbury). From Portbury you then follow undulating country lanes, through Lower Failand and Ashton Court Estate, back over the suspension bridge, on the B3129, into Clifton.

It goes down Longwood Lane!!

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Bristol_to_Portishead_Loop-Cycle-Route-5056.html

Keen cyclists new to the area, maybe?

Looking at other routes now

Lorp is a keen cyclist I think - he once tweeted something about cycling to his namesake 'Lorp' Sentaraille in France. I don't think he's involved though, jmo.

Thanks for the link teabreid.
Most interesting.

Before setting off, he visited Jefferies around 7pm to ask for help starting his car because his battery was flat and he did not have jump leads.

His car had iced up in the cold and he said he was driving up to Yorkshire to spend time with family. We got the car going and I believe he left shortly after that.”

Read into that what you will.

When people say around 7 p.m. It can be anything 'loosely' from 6.45-7.15 can't it?
And when they say shortly after, that can mean anything up to half an hour later perhaps?

No exact times are mentioned are they?
And it is only 'believed' to be an accurate assumption.

Jo Yeates was definitely on her way home from the pub at 8 p.m.

5353657789_69e3278874_z.jpg

Here's my rather amateurish attempt at detailing the possible flat layout.

I've gone on how many windows there are, the size of the windows, and the service pipes and plumbing to place the W.C/shower and kitchens. I would think there was a small hallway in the middle section. The small window at the side of the entrance door being the only window in the hall. I've marked the side entrance door opening out just for clarity.

Don't anyone take this layout as factual, because I just don't know. It's all deduction.
I could be (and probably am) way off the mark lol ;)

So I've uploaded the plan below if anyone else wants to have a go.

5353657787_b368868d60_z.jpg

Thank you so much ... it's a starting point ... and I like small project like this to do on the side.

Plus how long did it take them to start the car when P.S finally woke up from sleep and got himself into gear. Certainly the time would be getting nearer to 8 p.m instead of 7 p.m I assume? And it is only 'believed' he set off shortly after.

I.M.O the timeline is dwindling down very well if those reports are believed to be true.

Thanks for the link teabreid.
Most interesting.

Before setting off, he visited Jefferies around 7pm to ask for help starting his car because his battery was flat and he did not have jump leads.

His car had iced up in the cold and he said he was driving up to Yorkshire to spend time with family. We got the car going and I believe he left shortly after that.”

Read into that what you will.

From post #332:
"The chap next door, Peter Stanley, was asleep about 6pm when Chris Jefferies rang him and said, 'Have you got any jump leads?' He said the boyfriend's car wasn't working."

Looks like CJ knew an hour before GR that the car wasn't going to start!

From post #332:
"The chap next door, Peter Stanley, was asleep about 6pm when Chris Jefferies rang him and said, 'Have you got any jump leads?' He said the boyfriend's car wasn't working."

Looks like CJ knew an hour before GR that the car wasn't going to start!

This is the whole trouble we have here, conflicting reports in different papers. GRRR! :banghead:

Apols in advance, I think I'm getting a bit carried away tonight..... I just got this as a pop up when I was on AARoutefinder.

her-popunder-ad.jpg

Is this a sleeping bag?? could this could be used to transport a body? or body wrapped in a tent?..... in an effort to stop the transference of fibres etc ?....

police need to know if anything is missing from the flat..... they were keen campers as well as cyclists weren't they.

Apols in advance, I think I'm getting a bit carried away tonight..... I just got this as a pop up when I was on AARoutefinder.

her-popunder-ad.jpg

Is this a sleeping bag?? could this could be used to transport a body? or body wrapped in a tent?..... in an effort to stop the transference of fibres etc ?....

police need to know if anything is missing from the flat..... they were keen campers as well as cyclists weren't they.
Can't see anything here?

Could it be that the perp knows her parents?

I think it's very possible that the perp knows someone from Joanna Yeates' family. Her parents, her brother, or someone else very close to her. I speculated along these lines somewhere in the past when I was trying to figure out what we might know about the perp.

To me, that would explain the need to get the body out of the flat so it's not found immediately, and the 'forensically aware' evidence removal. Putting as much distance as possible between himself and Joanna's body, counting on luck for no witnesses who'd've seen him going to or from the flat, providing a plausible excuse in case anyone did see him there, or had reason to believe the perp may have been there. Which is why I think the perp would be very helpful if the police knocked and asked for help or explanation, or even DNA.
And also at least one reason why a quick confession is and has been impossible from the start. Just imagine what it'd've been like if he'd called an ambulance when he realized the girl was dead: it wouldn't have meant just answering to the police and the court for what he did, but also to Joanna's family, who he may have had tea with in the past, or gone places with, or visited: 'Yeah, I had a couple of drinks, I went over to hers, things went wrong, and I strangled your daughter, sorry.'

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member