GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... knowing as I do the precise location of the body dump, I find it quite easy to believe that a snow-covered body could have lain there for days in the cold weather before there was sufficient decomposition to attract the attention of a passing dog.

Welcome, Aneurin. It seems that you have a considerable advantage over the rest of us in the shape of personal knowledge. Would you venture to express your own provisional opinion of the most likely time for the body to have been dumped ?

Welcome, Aneurin. It seems that you have a considerable advantage over the rest of us in the shape of personal knowledge. Would you venture to express your own provisional opinion of the most likely time for the body to have been dumped ?

Yes seconded, can you show us exactly where the body was found please?
It's all relevant if the body would have been spotted like you say.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Who wants to take the plunge and enquire if the Quarry was working Christmas week lol?

Email: durnford.quarry@tarmac.co.uk

Tel: 01275 395411

Durnford Quarry
Longwood Lane
Long Ashton
Bristol
Avon
BS41 9DW

Media enquiries:

Press Office
Tel: 01902 382239

....and I've already posted that the alibi's place of work has two 4x4 light coloured vehicles parked outside on google maps. I wonder who owns them...?
No idea...as there are loads of cars there. A thought I did have on the light coloured 4 x 4 spotted at the golf club on the Friday night....I wonder if it was a great big 'macho machine' (you know the ones...like 'tonka toys') or more of a jeep..with, maybe, a soft top...they are usually driven by women...Suzuki types...just a thought.

Either way Mikey, it is a very puzzling scenario if it is G.R, whatever the dates for the body disposal. If it were straight after the murder on the 17th, that would take him some considerable time to dump the body in Longwood Lane.

I know it's only 3 miles away. But carting a body out to your car at 9.30 isn't something you do nonchalant like bringing in the Tesco shopping bags. Then he would have had to arrive in Sheffield at a decent time (unless half brother really is sticking his neck out with blatant lies)

And on Sunday the 19th. He has 4 hours to dump the body, clean the flat and remove all traces of the crime (forensically aware I believe the Police say) Then phone her friends, and parents to make it look like he was concerned. Then phone the Police. I seriously would be exhausted, never mind composed enough to bluff the missing persons charade to the Police.
I don't think he did bluff anything to the police....didn't story say he called the parents and only after they arrived...did THEY call the police? Think that's what I read anyway. But I think he would be more or less in the same state of shock whatever the scenario.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorp/4694330576

Is this JY?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorp/4694330576

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by scottybail; 01-09-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Post # 186 @
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124764&page=8

Can't post the above flickr photo from Lorp's photos

and for some reason can't post this next from the Sun, either

so here it is for comparison

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...pert-gives-his-verdict-on-Jo-Yeates-case.html

Very similar noses

similar eye-setting

similar face shape

similar chin and jaw

similar mouth

forehead

cheeks

Is there something to this ? Obviously they're not the same girl. But could one have been used as substitute for the other within a weird rite ?

I know, off the wall. But as has been suggested numerously in this and other fora, JY was residing in what could be considered an unusual environment

There does seem to be a groundswell of suspicion amongst websleuths towards GR, perhaps because of media reports of the police’s doubts over crucial alibi evidence. But could he really have been that clever, that cunning, that lucky? I’d still prefer the perp to be someone as yet unidentified, ideally the 1974 killer: I feel it would somehow compound this whole tragedy if it were GR.

Mind you, I’m also reluctant to finger, for example, PS: the smart, middle-aged, professional, well-spoken, clean-shaven, neighbourhood watch co-ordinator who, like his partially-exonerated neighbour CJ, is a “pillar of the community”, and the epitome of respectability. But could this be because he reminds me of me :giggle: ?

Maybe sympathy or empathy for a “player” doesn’t make for good sleuthing - time to hang up my magnifying glass and deer-stalker?:websleuther:

i'm sure a lot of us on this site are exactly as you describe yourself,Slewth.
no doubt we are all respectable, professional, articulate etc, but that doesn't mean that we cannot see society beyond ourselves. Indeed, i think because you understand the outward surface of the "respectable" lifestyle you can also see what might be attempted to be concealed within.
We all put up a smokescreen-of sorts, some more than others -and that knowledge makes us possibly more able to judge like-styled lives.
i have come across similar personalities to chris jefferies and peter stanley, and understand that the lifestyle/speech/respectablity is just a smokescreen and masks deeper traits.
But, so many people do not look beyond the top layer presented and are completely fooled by the surface presentation.
i have confidence that on this site many, if not most, are equally sceptical
of outward presentation, as the many clips from body language tapes have illustrated.

Here's an update with the stairs ... where I think they could be ... and with the stairs, if she was murdered in the flat, then we have to consider that whoever did this must be strong enough to carry her up a few stairs (I'm guessing the stairs are about 4' in height).

YeatesFloorplan2.jpg

YeatesFloorplan2c.jpg

I feel like I'm spamming with images ... but with a joint effort, we should be able to figure this out.

You're definately not spamming with images.For people (like me) who are visual,this is a fantastic asset. Hard to carry a deadweight up stairs,IMO. I do not think Jo was killed in the flat at all. IIRC, didn't CJ and a neighbor go to France just before Christmas ?

One other thing : I know I read that a group of foreign students lived in a flat there.I have not been able to find out which flat. It sounded interesting IMO.

All JMO

LizB wrote:

a group of foreign students lived in a flat there.I have not been able to find out which flat. It sounded interesting IMO.

Yes, it does sound interesting

Same age group, lots in common and certainly not the sort of neighbours around whom a 25 year old, close to Christmas (with attendant relaxed atmosphere) would feel cautious, perhaps ?

Wonder if the students remained there over Christmas, or if they returned home during that period ?

Does anyone remember which thread in this forum contained the photo of a girl connected with the sledders ? When the photo was initially posted, it was speculated it might be JY. This was then dismissed fairly swiftly and there wasn't much discussion of the girl in the photo

Am hoping the poster of the photo might be able to post it again, or possibly give a clue as to where it can be located within this forum, please ?

Also, regardless of where the body was placed, the blood would have pooled in the hours immediately after death. Even if the body were later taken to another location or frozen via weather (or as some have suggested, within a freezer) -- the original blood pooling would still be immediately obvious to pathologists, surely ?

The body was removed from the entrance to the quarry, using lifting equipment. It's been suggested by other posters that the heavy-lifting equipment might have been rendered necessary because the ground was rock-hard (and someone here mentioned on at least two occasions that they'd been unable to move a simple pot-plant from their garden despite using hot water to loosen it) -- and -- the lifting equipment might have been used in order to take as much of the drop site's surrounding flora/fauna (as these are an indicator of decomposition and the length of time this has been underway within that location, etc )

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else remembers the photo of the JY-lookalike and can suggest which thread it was in, please ? From memory, her bone structure seemed similar to JY's and she apparently has a connection with the sledders. Was hoping to take another look at the photo if possible. Just seems an odd coincidence
img-2400-016 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks, Mikeymot

trawled back and located the post in question and posted link to the photo not far above your most recent post

Lots of similarities. Could be nothing at all, or ... (let investigative thinking outside the box have free rein )

LizB has posted an interesting snippit, as you'll see, re: foreign students nearby - which opens up a lot of interesting possibilities, imo, depending upon whether or not they were in residence during the time in question

Does anyone remember which thread in this forum contained the photo of a girl connected with the sledders ? When the photo was initially posted, it was speculated it might be JY. This was then dismissed fairly swiftly and there wasn't much discussion of the girl in the photo

Am hoping the poster of the photo might be able to post it again, or possibly give a clue as to where it can be located within this forum, please ?

Also, regardless of where the body was placed, the blood would have pooled in the hours immediately after death. Even if the body were later taken to another location or frozen via weather (or as some have suggested, within a freezer) -- the original blood pooling would still be immediately obvious to pathologists, surely ?

The body was removed from the entrance to the quarry, using lifting equipment. It's been suggested by other posters that the heavy-lifting equipment might have been rendered necessary because the ground was rock-hard (and someone here mentioned on at least two occasions that they'd been unable to move a simple pot-plant from their garden despite using hot water to loosen it) -- and -- the lifting equipment might have been used in order to take as much of the drop site's surrounding flora/fauna (as these are an indicator of decomposition and the length of time this has been underway within that location, etc )

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else remembers the photo of the JY-lookalike and can suggest which thread it was in, please ? From memory, her bone structure seemed similar to JY's and she apparently has a connection with the sledders. Was hoping to take another look at the photo if possible. Just seems an odd coincidence
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorp/sets/72157624260215046/

Hi again, Mikeymot

When you have time, you might care to take a look at the photos of the two girls for comparison in my post #585 above

Thanks, Mikeymot

trawled back and located the post in question and posted link to the photo not far above your most recent post

Lots of similarities. Could be nothing at all, or ... (let investigative thinking outside the box have free rein )

LizB has posted an interesting snippit, as you'll see, re: foreign students nearby - which opens up a lot of interesting possibilities, imo, depending upon whether or not they were in residence during the time in question
Yes, lots of similarities but the L/E have had a look at it and...I assume..discounted it.

Anyone know what kind of car G.R had?
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhwere. So far i've found a few pictures taken around Clifton taken Christmas week. And this pic of cars crossing the Avon bridge Dec 22. But not knowing what to look for. It 's pretty hard to find anything incriminating lol.

5283783136_f686dd36b1_z.jpg

Wouldn't it be great to find some damning evidence on film? :)
Jus think that stuff piled up in the back of that car, well...you never know.

Here's a good link for the model guys to play with ;)
Turn any Google Earth building into a 3D model.

Not sure how you make these
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=edba441e60230319f513159a858b806d&prevstart=12

But you need this programme to do it.
http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/yourworldin3d/

I'm intrigued to see the results.

Sketchup is another architectural modeling tool, similar to AutoCAD and Revit. It's not often used by professionals, but does have some nice features.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhwere. So far i've found a few pictures taken around Clifton taken Christmas week. And this pic of cars crossing the Avon bridge Dec 22. But not knowing what to look for. It 's pretty hard to find anything incriminating lol.

I read somewhere that it was a ford ka, but I can't find a link. Here it is:

Supposedly from "The Times" around 8/9 January: Jo and Greg shared a car, a Ford Ka, which is still with the police along with the clothes he was wearing.

Can't link to Times website, due to Paywall.

It was this girl. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would think this is JY - she has different teeth and ears though the nose is similar - it's in an album entitled Adam & Goya - Berlin - Typo party. Berlin is where LP also lives, when He's not in Bristol. I hardly think Lorp would have images of JY STILL on his photostream if he had anything at all to do with her disappearance.

www.flickr.com/photos/lorp/4694330576/in/set-72157624260215046/ Scroll on for more pics

jmo

You're turning into a right little 'clouseau'!!! Think someone mentioned he had a Ford Ka
(Can't see that taking much in the back....let alone skis on the roof!) Haven't seen anything in the news about it...just someone on here (Probably G/R and he's got something completely different!!) Anyway....keep scanning Phil!

I saw mentioned a Ford Ka either on this forum or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990