GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intriguing. If she was 'kidnapped' it would tie in with CJ's version of accounts. Although he did later retract said statement saying it had been a serious distortion of the truth.
But why to get at David Yeates? He is in IT I believe. Not a big earner and certainly not able to shell out ransom money.
Jo did attend a private £7,000 a term boarding school but this could have come from an inheritance.
I did mention the parent's body language at that first press conference. As the wife goes to lean on his shoulder (again) he moves forward leaving her looking a bit awkward.
Hope nobody from other site is looking in. I can assure them I haven't even read one article on body language.

jo's brother also went to fee paying school...king edwards in southampton....so quite a bit of money around.
also house in hants meant to be worth £600,000....

I did mention the parent's body language at that first press conference. As the wife goes to lean on his shoulder (again) he moves forward leaving her looking a bit awkward.
Hope nobody from other site is looking in. I can assure them I haven't even read one article on body language.

I honestly believe the parents were just completely desperate; they'd been told to prepare for the worst, yet it hadn't been confirmed --- can you imagine the hell they must have been going through in those days? Hoping against hope that she'd be found alive, yet knowing chances are slim? Living with the knowledge that their daughter is probably dead and that her body might never be found, that they might never know for sure what happened to her? I'd be leaning on my husband as well, as the husband is probably the closest person there is in such circumstances, the one who is most likely to understand what you're going through.

Body language is a strange thing - a lot easier to read with hindsight, after something has been solved. I just think of Shannon Matthews' mother pleading into the camera and looking absolutely convincing in those first days. Even if experts had picked on something odd in her behaviour (what was it again - a little shrug of the shoulder?), that wouldn't have been enough to build a case against her. If they'd brought her in a suspect at that point, every man Jack would have been up in flames about the police adding to her suffering.
There seems to be no really reliable way to say that someone's body language is off when they are put into an extremely distressing situation like these people are going through. MOO.

Incidentally, 10 members and 29 guests viewing right now - guests, join us, we do value your input.

9. Why did the police take away the front door of the flat for forensic examination elsewhere, but not the internal doors ?

Because they may have thought the 'murderer' put his ear to the door to listen if anyone else was home with Jo.

Okay...doesn't sound likely that Jos' father is loaded....but what about other members of the family...grandparents, aunts, uncles.....IF...this is an abduction...then maybe this accounts for the four hours when G/R appeared to do nothing...maybe the police were already there?...maybe the 'ransom' or whatever else they were demanding was left in the flat (either note or mobile message)..with instructions to wait for a call on Jos' mobile?

I suppose that someone could have believed Jo's family had more $$ than they actually did. Or it could have been directed at Jo's father and the people he dealt with, not in a financial sense,but rather for some other reason ?

All JMO

(Questions from Nausicaa's post)

3. What were the details about the flat which enabled Mr and Mrs Yeates to conclude, in about half an hour, that Joanna had been abducted, but which Mrs Yeates specifically states that the police have asked her not to reveal ? (We know about the presence of Joanna’s coat, footwear, phone, purse, key, but Mrs Yeates implies that there was something which she and her husband saw but which the public do not yet know and the police prefer them not to know.)

6. Why did the police arrest CJ as suspect of murder ? Is the fact of having apparently softened his story of what he saw on Friday night sufficient explanation or was there something else ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. It wasn't because the oven was left on, for example: it was something less obvious, more personal. For example, if she were on the pill, the parents would have eventually come across them (reluctantly - explains the 30 mins), and seen that she'd taken Friday's, but not Saturday's or Sunday's, perhaps. And they just knew she would never forget to take it (or leave them behind). This would imply that she was taken from the flat, dead or alive, before dawn on Saturday.

The relevant press conference was early on in the investigation (before the body was found), and they were being understandably careful not to reveal too much - especially of a personal nature - at that point. And they still haven't, so we still don't know for sure.

6. I imagine it's because the police think it was someone local, and maybe they were swayed by the tidal wave of gossip in the press, and the pressure to make an arrest.

LOL that dreaded quarry wall again :)
Thanks for the link teabreid, I think it goes to show even the press make assumptions and report what they think they know, rather than what they do know. Those flowers aren't like the X on a treasures map, they don't have to mark the exact spot. For instance, we have two Police officers gunned down in Leeds over the years. Both locations have stone tributes, but neither tribute is in exactly the same place obviously. People would trip over them. So there in the most suitable location near the spot.

Anyway that's the end of that from me :)

Just a few things that puzzle me now.
The Rebecca Scott video was organised, filmed, and edited by the Avon Police. Not only is that unusual, Isn't it unprecedented?
Nothing happens without a reason.

I'm also a little concerened the Police (like we all) naturally assume the murder took place in the flat. They have no evidence to back this up as far as i know. Granted we all think it has to have happened there, what with Jo having no coat, or shoes (especially shoes) I wonder if G.R knew just how many shoes, slippers or boots Jo had? Young women are well known for having loads I wonder if he would know if any were missing??

I too find R/S s video strange, I think the police have been sending snippets to the press to keep the case in the headlines, so may have asked her if she would make the video, but I think she has been asked not to tell all, and so she is being very careful to disclose only what she has been told, so may account for the very careful thought, and often repeating the same things, anyway just an idea.

I don't thing Jo was murdered in the flat, there would be no point risking taking the body out, why not just leave it there, I think her belongings were returned, but why would someone do that?, very strange.

3. What were the details about the flat which enabled Mr and Mrs Yeates to conclude, in about half an hour, that Joanna had been abducted, but which Mrs Yeates specifically states that the police have asked her not to reveal ? (We know about the presence of Joanna’s coat, footwear, phone, purse, key, but Mrs Yeates implies that there was something which she and her husband saw but which the public do not yet know and the police prefer them not to know.)

See my post number 102
IMO the police have kept quiet what clothes Jo was wearing when found, so it would be silly to mention they 'knew' her friday work clothes were not in the wash so therefore she still had them on. IYSWIM

See my post number 102
IMO the police have kept quiet what clothes Jo was wearing when found, so it would be silly to mention they 'knew' her friday work clothes were not in the wash so therefore she still had them on. IYSWIM

There hasn't been any details about what her parents had seen to make them know she had been abducted, If there was, then I doubt we would find out anyway. But like I said earlier, I think people are reading too much into one statement made by her parents at a time of great distress. I think they actually meant they could see all was not well, something was wrong simply because she left the door open, and went out without all her effects, phone, keys, and that isn't like her at all e.t.c.

In my opinion it's another case of reading too much into it, and getting the wrong picture (Quarry wall DOH)

It's possible she never even got to the flat, they have no hard evidence that she did, just conjecture. And if she didn't get back to the flat, and the perps simply put her stuff back to dupe the Police, then they certainly have fooled them.

Some might question why go to the bother of planting her things back in the flat, It's probably the same reason as why go to the trouble of moving a dead body from the flat?

JMO.

She got to the flat. It's about the only thing the police have stated as fact.
Really, there's almost nothing else they've said. But they have said that she made it home.

She got to the flat. It's about the only thing the police have stated as fact.
Really, there's almost nothing else they've said. But they have said that she made it home.
What proof do they have of that? I haven't heard any.
I've heard them say 'we assume she got back to the flat''
I haven't heard the police state that as hard fact.

Did anyone see her enter her flat?

Maybe...by simply doing what has no reasoning....putting her things in the flat...moving the body...leaving out in the open...is the most effective way to prevent L/E from following the usual trail of clues? and why they 'appear' to be going round in circles.

They've said they don't know if she ate the pizza. They've said they can't be certain of a time of death. They've said they can't say when she was dumped.
But, and it's in a few places, they have said she got home.
I'm not saying they are correct, but it's about the only thing they've stated, so I assume they're basing it on good evidence that we're not privy to.

Maybe...by simply doing what has no reasoning....putting her things in the flat...moving the body...leaving out in the open...is the most effective way to prevent L/E from following the usual trail of clues? and why they 'appear' to be going round in circles.
Exactly my point.
The Police use criminal profiling and associated behaviour.

Relying on this too much has stuffed them. This killer hasn't done what they expected at all.
This is down to either very calculating and shrewd judgement, or a dam right stupid person.
It's one of them, and it's working.

"CCTV footage of Jo has also appeared in the local media: DCI Jones said: "We cannot confirm whether this is Jo as the quality of the footage is very poor, it is very grainy. Were these Jo's last movements? We know she got home."

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=22383&t=1&lid=1

Exactly my point.
The Police use criminal profiling and associated behaviour.

Relying on this too much has stuffed them. This killer hasn't done what they expected at all.
This is down to either very calculating and shrewd judgement, or a dam right stupid person.
It's one of them, and it's working.
Don't think the perp can be that stupid...otherwise his/her DNA would be everywhere (unless they lived there?). If it's a shrewd perp (as I suspect) think they are treating this as a bit of a game....and relishing every minute...probably constantly watching news/papers......and sites like this?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654