GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know much about M.W?
Work place, where he lives (If so don't put it in the public domain here though) hobbies, anything like that?

Isn't it claimed he worked in non-paid capacity for a 'charity' ?

All blank slates, aren't they ? lol

It all depends on who killed Jo, for the reason why they had moved the body. One persons logic in that situation, is another mans Tomfoolery.

For instance if G.R was the perp, well of course it makes sense to dispose of the body 8 days later and for it to be found. Afterall he knows he can't come home and explain away Jo's dissapearence forever can he?

He has to do something. Reporting her missing is far better than admitting he killed her. A missing person, actually has to go missing for it to be taken seriously.

A real good point to note would be the killer will be hoping there will be no signs of obvious death on the body. Don't forget the strangulation marks were not all obvious. The perp would be hoping big time the Police wouldn't suspect murder. He's hoping it remains a missing persons enquiry, or death by misadventure. That makes my theory she was dumped on Christmas day all the more likely. The body has to go missing for X amount of time. Early hours Christmas morning is the quietest time of year. Perfect for a body disposal run.

Someone in that situation just doesn' know how she can go missing, and how it relates to her reaching home. What do they do? Stage her things have gone with her, and she never reached home? Or make it look like she reached home? Hard choice to call isn't it? But by the looks of it, the right one. It's certainly beating the Police so far.

She either never made it home, or she did. neither us, or the Police know for certain.

There's way too much ambiguity about the entire MW involvement, imo

First, he was 'asleep' and didn't get JY's message

Next, his phone was recharging, so he didn't get JY's message

Next off, he was at a party, in a venue very close to where JY was attempting to contact him and asking him, ' Where are you ? Fancy a drink ? '

If I were investigating, I'd be starting with MW. And I'd be digging deep

All JMO
Agree with you about investigating MW. My suspicions on MW only started to creep in when I read the article relating to the "where are you? Fancy a drink?" article.

There again, I'm still dancing between MW and GR...they are both at the top of the suspect ladder until something solid comes along to eliminate one or both.

I'm a bit uncomfortable making speculation that has links to a specific individual, but is it conceivable within the known timelines that a text sent at 9:20PM could have been sent after something terrible had happened, to make it seem like you were never there.

I don't believe this was the case, but just wondering if it can be ruled out.

I hadn't realised MW's party was taking place in relative proximity to the flat before now.

I'm a bit uncomfortable making speculation that has links to a specific individual, but is it conceivable within the known timelines that a text sent at 9:20PM could have been sent after something terrible had happened, to make it seem like you were never there.

I don't believe this was the case, but just wondering if it can be ruled out.

I hadn't realised MW's party was taking place in relative proximity to the flat before now.
I too am a little uncomfortable at making remarks that can look like there casting a suspicious finger. Afterall, there is only one (possibly two at most) killer(s) involved. The other people mentioned are innocent. But that doesn't stop the Police, and we can't sleuth without digging into very plausible suspects.

Dilema :waitasec:

Anyone know much about M.W?
Work place, where he lives (If so don't put it in the public domain here though) hobbies, anything like that?
Only have what I've collected from articles I'm afraid.

Matthew Woods = 28 year old

Science/Chemistry graduate

Originally a friend of Joanna’s brother Christopher.

Christopher Yeates and Matthew Woods knew each other from £10,000-a-year King Edward VI School in Southampton.

Matthew moved to Bristol ten years ago.

Works for an environmental Science Charity

Had met Joanna a few times after she moved to the city two years ago

Matthew and Joanna had not seen each other for about 18 months but were in regular contact on Facebook (does this mean that the first six months they had met up and then cooled off?)

Soon after leaving the Ram pub Joanna would have passed the row of pubs and bars known as the Clifton Triangle where Mr Wood was attending his work Christmas party.

Joanna sent a text to Matthew inviting him for a drink “where are you? Do you fancy a drink?” at around 8:20pm

It all depends on who killed Jo, for the reason why they had moved the body. One persons logic in that situation, is another mans Tomfoolery.

For instance if G.R was the perp, well of course it makes sense to dispose of the body 8 days later and for it to be found. Afterall he knows he can't come home and explain away Jo's dissapearence for ever can he?

He has to do something. Reporting her missing is far better tha

A real good point to note would be the killer would be hoping there will be no signs of obvious death on the body. Don't forget the strangulation marks were not all obviousn admitting he killed her. A missing person, actually has to go missing for it to be taken seriously. . The perp would be hoping big time the Police wouldn't suspect murder. He's hoping it remains a missing persons enquiry, or death by misadventure. That makes my theory she was dumped on Christmas day all the more likely. The body has to go missing for X amount of time. Early hours Christmas morning is the quietest time of year. Perfect for a body disposal run.

Someone in that situation just doesn' know how she can go missing, and how it relates to her reaching home. What do they do? Stage her things have gone with her, and she never reached home? Or make it look like she reached home? Hard choice to call isn't it? But by the looks of it, the right one. It's certainly beating the Police so far.

She either never made it home, or she did. neither us, or the Police know for certain.

I still can't see any circumstances - other than a desire to allow her give the family some closure - in which the perp would choose to leave the body barely concealed. I can't see the perp would think they'd be better served with a confirmed murder case than a missing person case.

I very strongly doubt the moving of the body and the items left behind in the flat were carefully considered as some kind of complex bluff and counter-bluff to baffle the police.

laserdisc10; you just might have nailed it regarding MW.

I hope they do have the DNA talked about. It might not clinch the investigation but it will mean someone has some explaining to do.
The case will take a giant leap forward too.

The hairs on the back of neck are standing up. Something is going to happen, I just know it.

Today's article references a breakthrough "within days" [in quotation marks] so I'm hopeful that LE used those exact words.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-join-investigation.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

A huge police investigation has so far failed to lead to charges against any suspect and now detectives are said to be hopeful of a breakthrough 'within days'.

Thanks Sasha for that.
I've something good come through in my inbox too. Will start digging at what we have so far.

Cheers ;)

On another point. It would be good perhaps if we got organised. Like all sing from the same song sheet. Or at least had clear things to go at. Any ideas how to get more efficient, is it possible on a forum with people all with different theories??

But she wasn't and he wasn't. They had been in contact via emails and facebook, possibly by phone too. He was probably invited to the housewarming party.

I'm wondering if they hadn't seen each other face to face ? And if not,why not ? They were reported to be such good friends.Even his mother calls them "close friends ". And how can it be that he first stated that he was asleep,and missed her text, then later stated that he was at a party when she texted him ? Both things cannot be true ( unless it was an excruciatingly boring event ? )

All JMO

I too am a little uncomfortable at making remarks that can look like there casting a suspicious finger. Afterall, there is only one (possibly two at most) killer(s) involved. The other people mentioned are innocent. But that doesn't stop the Police, and we can't sleuth without digging into very plausible suspects.

Dilema :waitasec:

The police at least get to do their speculation behind closed doors.

I still can't see any circumstances - other than a desire to allow her give the family some closure

I doubt very strongly leaving the body to be found was for any sympathy for the family.
He would give himself up if so.

Quite the opposite infact. The perp knows the situation has to move on. The heat on having a hidden body that can be linked to you is too much. It's about time he set the next level in motion. It isn't for any family benefit, but for his own closure. He needs this to be dealt with as a murder to check out how he's doing in the luck stakes now.

It's for his own sanity he has to do this.
He knows full well a missing persons case will eventually become a murder enquiry. The same level of awkward questions will fall on him, regardless if a body is found or not. Not wanting to prolong the inevitable because it's driving him mad, he gives up the very thing that could catch him. Chancing his luck perhaps, but for him it's either make or break. He can at least watch it unfold, and see how he's doing, he can adjust himself, get convincing alibis and react accordingly to developments. I'd rather be clued up and have my answers ready I know for sure. It's harder to be caught out if your on top of things to the best of your ability.

JMO.

Had met Joanna a few times after she moved to the city two years ago

Matthew and Joanna had not seen each other for about 18 months but were in regular contact on Facebook (does this mean that the first six months they had met up and then cooled off?)

I think it means that a young woman moving to a new job in a strange city would be grateful for a friend in that city to show her around and go out for a drink with. A school friend of your brother is perfect - someone you have known a long time and are comfortable with.

Once she had found her feet and made a few new friends via work etc -- and more importantly met a man who became her boyfriend - she wouldn't have needed to rely on the old friend any more.

For instance if G.R was the perp, well of course it makes sense to dispose of the body 8 days later and for it to be found. Afterall he knows he can't come home and explain away Jo's dissapearence for ever can he?

He has to do something. Reporting her missing is far better than admitting he killed her. A missing person, actually has to go missing for it to be taken seriously.

A real good point to note would be the killer would be hoping there will be no signs of obvious death on the body. Don't forget the strangulation marks were not all obvious. The perp would be hoping big time the Police wouldn't suspect murder. He's hoping it remains a missing persons enquiry, or death by misadventure. That makes my theory she was dumped on Christmas day all the more likely. The body has to go missing for X amount of time. Early hours Christmas morning is the quietest time of year. Perfect for a body disposal run.

Know what you mean, but I lean towards accidental death when someone, for whatever reason, tried to restrain her or prevent her from leaving. Imo, it wasn't a physically violent argument or fight. Nor sexually motivated attack or robbery

And I suspect this took place outdoors or in a vehicle. Someone she knew. Possibly intended to be just a brief exchange or discussion. Ended up getting heated but not physical. Then, shockingly for the killer/s, she was there, dead. Or appeared to be dead

To be suspected is that the killer/s closed the flat door and took off. In shock and fear - self preservation mode. It could have been an argument about money. Money is usually involved somewhere. Maybe she owed money. We have no reason to categorically dismiss the possibility of drugs. We haven't been informed one way or the other

As to whether or not the killer/s hid the body for several days before placing it near the quarry entrance, we don't know. The police should have known once the pathologist had concluded his report, but they've chosen not to say, for some reason

What most of us will agree upon is that had the killer/s wished to, they could have ensured the body would never be found, or at least arranged it so that discovery was remote

Whatever the case, though, GR would have been front and centre. If he's the perpetrator, he would have known that. If someone else was responsible for JY's death, they would also have known GR would immediately fall under suspicion

Whether or not her 'phone, bag, keys, etc. remained in the flat or disappeared with her, wouldn't have changed much, imo. Young women with good career prospects and besotted with their boyfriends, enjoying life, etc. don't simply walk away with what they have on their backs. There would have been an intensive search period and then (if the body had been efficiently disposed of/hidden) it would have become a cold case, a crime mystery, with occasional reporting sightings. The grief, loss, pain, remorse, etc. would have been the same, only without resolution

So at the moment, I don't think leaving her bag, boots, 'phone etc. in the flat was part of any great master plan. Nor do I think it was premeditated murder. Just a situation gone wrong, imo, with possibly the flat door banging closed as JY was with her killers. Or the killer closed the flat door and took off with the body in order to plan what to do next

JMO

I'm wondering if they hadn't seen each other face to face ? And if not,why not ? They were reported to be such good friends.Even his mother calls them "close friends ". And how can it be that he first stated that he was asleep,and missed her text, then later stated that he was at a party when she texted him ? Both things cannot be true ( unless it was an excruciatingly boring event ? )

Actually his step mother was quoted as saying that they weren't close friends.

As for the contradictions, blame the tabloid reporting. The first version was leaked to the press by a third party. Then he appears to have been doorstepped. I wouldn't place too much reliance on anything that's been reported.

Today's article references a breakthrough "within days" [in quotation marks] so I'm hopeful that LE used those exact words.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-join-investigation.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

It could simply mean that they expect the work on the DNA to be completed within days - which could lead to a breakthrough or not.

The fact that they have decided against doing a review at this stage does however leave me hopeful that they are making good progress behind the scenes. I was under the impression that these reviews are routine when it is thought that a 'fresh pair of eyes' might yield useful results. If this isn't required, it suggests they've narrowed the focus of the investigation and are feeling confident. Or lets hope so at least. My fingers remain tightly crossed.

Actually his step mother was quoted as saying that they weren't close friends.

As for the contradictions, blame the tabloid reporting. The first version was leaked to the press by a third party. Then he appears to have been doorstepped. I wouldn't place too much reliance on anything that's been reported.

What does appear to have been established beyond dispute though, is the fact JY left the Ram a few minutes after 8, walked towards the Triangle where MW was and within less than 20 minutes later, attempted to contact MW and asked, ' Where are you ? Fancy a drink ? '

That takes some explaining and needs explaining soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member