GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Cubby, for the new thread.

The Artist Formerly Known as "Oi, Time for a New Thread, Save Your Gems for a Bit and We'll Have One Shortly," wfgodot, has had a sinus infection these last several days. But I'm back, not well but back. Heroic ol' wfgodot! Not!

It's past time that I post my praise for the excellent discourse prevalent on this thread. It's amazing. And new members keep joining, and their comments are terrific, too, to put it mildly. I'd say that about 90% of those now posting here have joined WS specifically to talk about this case. Have I used the word "amazing" yet? Yes, I did.

But it is. One just doesn't find the likes, so many posters from the UK - it's a unique situation, and a great one - albeit one filled with sorrow for Joanna's death and tension about the unresolved status of the investigation.

Let's solve this thing already!

Notable about the Brunt piece is that he seems to suggest that the police say that the parents "went off script" by saying the killer may kill again.

The whole thing seemed so scripted. Was it a live appaeal or taped?

Yes, quite. I think the parents may have gone off script but that the police didn't edit out.

The comments below the article are very much in line with my thinking.

I know phillb is adamant the body couldn't have lain at Longwood lane for 8 days, but I'll keep my minnd open on that one as we don't have the exact details of where it was found, position etc.

Yes, quite. I think the parents may have gone off script but that the police didn't edit out.

The comments below the article are very much in line with my thinking.

I know phillb is adamant the body couldn't have lain at Longwood lane for 8 days, but I'll keep my minnd open on that one as we don't have the exact details of where it was found, position etc.

I'm not adamant. I'd have to eat my own words and be hypocritical to my own motto. Never rule anything out, no matter how unlikely it seems'

Egg on the face time indeed lol :blushing1:

But I do find the odds of that body lying there for 7 days undiscovered to be very long indeed. There was only 2'' of snow cover all week, nowhere near enough to hide a body. And it strikes me the fact that the dog walkers (most probably the first down that lane at 9.a.m) found the body straight away, and don't forget daylight is very weak at that time in December, daybreak had only just come. They were adamant they would have seen it on another day. The weather never warmed up that week, not enough to melt any snow that might have covered a once hidden body. The thaw didn't start until Boxing day.

I still think getting the right time the body was left there is crucial. Just imagine if they've discounted the early hours of Christmas morning and damning C.C.T.V evidence is there just waiting for them??

J.M.O but I hope the Police aren't on a wild Goose chase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95