GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say well done! I think it's perfect that Joanna's mother is making the plea to the public. Whoever did this has a mother who could have noticed something unusual in her son when Joanna was murdered. A mother's plea has so much more impact that a statement from police.

I agree, Joanna's mum is a very brave woman and I think her words were carefully spoken, key words directed at a specific target. I think the person who took the life of their beautiful daughter will very soon be brought to justice.

Plans of Joanna's flat (inside and of the rear garden area) on Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-architects-family-plea-shielding-killer.html

Sorry - I'm going to be away for a few days. I see I've a lot of reading to do to catch up with everyone already, by the time I get back there's going to be hundreds of pages :D

article-1348132-0CCD1F7A000005DC-597_306x630.jpg

article-1348132-0CCD1EF4000005DC-168_306x630.jpg

So, Somerset and Avon LE --- WHY have you not informed the public of what Joanna Yeates was wearing when her body was discovered ? WHY should the public believe your claims of the body needing to 'defrost' before cause of death could be discovered ? WHY did you focus attention on the Clifton bridge to the exclusion of basically everything else during those crucial early days ? WHY was forensic scrutiny of JY's flat delayed until after the body was discovered ? WHY did you claim at the start there had been no forced entry to the flat and no signs of a struggle within ? WHY the contradictory suggestions by you weeks later ? Give the public ONE reason to trust a word you say -- one reason to believe you didn't deliberately cok this 'investigation' up ?

Well, Avon and Somerset LE -- I don't trust you. Based on your performance here, I wouldn't trust you to tell me the correct time and even if Bristol weren't reknowned as a seething hot-bed of Freemasonry and other perverted 'men's clubs' -- it's still becoming increasingly obvious that agendas are afoot in this case. So, come clean --- which of the suspects is themselves a member of the Freemasons and or of something like Common Purpose -- or has a father, uncle, older brother who is ?

Whatever the case, Joanna Yeates has undoubtedly earned a fortune for the Murdoch and other rags, hasn't she ? In the same way the alleged disappearance of Madeleine McCann did

I thought I'd read most everything on this case and I followed the McCann case as well, but it seems I'm missing the links. There seem to be more dissimilarities than similarities, like that JY's body was found while Madeleine is still missing, JY was an adult and Madeleine a child. Can you clarify the connection? I'm also unfamiliar with the suggestion of Masonic involvement in either JY's or MM's cases. Where do the Masons fit in?

He actually looks like he has spent ages on his face and trying to look good.

I thought he looked a bit sheepish. That black shirt and hair is soooooooooo much about wearing the architect outfit.

Plans of Joanna's flat (inside and of the rear garden area) on Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-architects-family-plea-shielding-killer.html

Sorry - I'm going to be away for a few days. I see I've a lot of reading to do to catch up with everyone already, by the time I get back there's going to be hundreds of pages :D

article-1348132-0CCD1F7A000005DC-597_306x630.jpg

article-1348132-0CCD1EF4000005DC-168_306x630.jpg

Hey ... it's great to meet a fellow layouter. Cheers

I didn't modify the wall thicknesses or include the neighbouring flat ... but will update. I did read though that there were connecting bedrooms before it was renovated.

Here's a question that I've been wondering about ... where is the furnace in the building? Does each flat have it's own heat or is there central heating in the building and if so, where is the system ... shouldn't it be in the basement?

I just realized that those are daily mail sketches ... were those made from the originals?

I think that there's more to just the facts of this case. It seems like the recent plea about gut feelings are what could break this case. The person that did this had no idea that people around the world would be watching ... the gut feeling this guy was having when this story became huge is probably a bit like a hen in a fox den. I think that Joanna's mother's request was that people that saw someone acting like a hen in a fox den around the weekend of Dec 17-19 or later, or during the festive, family season, should contact police about the suspicious behavior ... to, as Joanna's mother said, prevent this from happening again. She also seemed to suggest that if anyone was trying to redefine time, or tell it how it was according to their memory, that could be a sign of having been involved. Very effective press release.

Hey ... it's great to meet a fellow layouter. Cheers

I didn't modify the wall thicknesses or include the neighbouring flat ... but will update. I did read though that there were connecting bedrooms before it was renovated.

Here's a question that I've been wondering about ... where is the furnace in the building? Does each flat have it's own heat or is there central heating in the building and if so, where is the system ... shouldn't it be in the basement?

I just realized that those are daily mail sketches ... were those made from the originals?
Hello Otto :) Just quickly because I'm about to leave the house... Thank goodness you realised the floor plans are the actual layout of Joanna's flat released this morning by Daily Mail and not created by me :)

Hats off to you and others for the exceptional plans you've all been working on. Fantastic :D

The fact Jo's mum is asking for armchair detectives to come forward with different scenarios, that would indicate the Police are still pretty clueless to what went on after the last C.C.T.V. They need all the help they can get. And the fact it's to be recreated at the end of this month says an arrest isn't imminent either. I hope they are more forthcoming with facts on this recreation, like at least be honest and say if they are certain the body has been in Longwood lane for 8 days, or not. If they want to jog peoples memories they have to be specific to what dates. Interesting to see the house plans have been made available. Lets hope the Police have come to the conclusion that keeping this kind of thing close to their chest isn't helping the case.

It helps to visualize. Clearly she was attacked in her flat so that would be the primary crime scene ... we know the pizza package is missing, her things were left behind. We don't know if she left the flat dead or alive. We don't know if she was held for 7 days, 2 days, or killed instantly. We don't know a lot of things.

I don't think anything is wrong with the investigation either. There have been some suggestions that the police are not releasing information or going up the wrong path, but I don't think so. US news seems to broadcast all the evidence on TV as soon as it is found, but many countries release information first at trial. I think we should be more patient with police as they build their case.

I think it is purposefully stage managed. These releases aren't targetted towards the general public/us. They're specifically crafted for perp and his/her family. IMO.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...e-key-to-catching-her-killer-115875-22856926/

Jo Yeates analysis: murderer's friends could hold the key to catching her killer

THOUGH yesterday’s statement comes from Jo’s parents, the police have had a lot of input.

It is aimed at someone who knows an acquaintance of Jo’s who has not yet realised that their friend could be the killer.

There is a sense that detectives believe one or more key witnesses may be shielding the murderer, unwittingly or otherwise.

They clearly think the person who strangled Jo had people around them who may have noticed something.

The appeal mentions odd behaviour between December 17 and 19, indicating this is when police believe Jo was murdered.

It is likely the killer’s friends don’t know they hold the key. This is probably because they cannot believe someone they know and trust could do this.

But the appeal also suggests the killing was out of character, and the murderer may have struggled to cope with the aftermath.

My friend is 100% sure it's CJ, his motive being uncontrolled and escalated rage at how JY and GR kept his flat untidy.

I would love it if one of you regulars took on the role of Chief Inspector to bring some order to our discussions and keep us all on track!

i must admit, this was my first,gut feeling, especially when seeing footage of the somewhat scornful way he dealt with the press, when ,in fact. he had spoken out then changed his story.
as i said i had just had anaesthetic and felt this gut feeling.... VIVIDLY.....

in rage,disgust etc people have extraordinary strength...
don't forget he belonged to a health club/gym so may be stronger than he appears...
he has been a teacher/actor all his life...
no sign that, as he reports, the police are to withdraw charges against him...
control freak;used to having his own way...

To be quite frank I wonder if some of these 'news reports' are coming out of journalists minds.
A lot of words are being quoted as coming from detectives. If that is true I'd be worried about where this case is heading.

Everyone interested in true crime knows that the first 48 hours of the investigation is critical.
If the police were on top of this there would have been arrest by now.

This is a shockingly difficult case.
As I keep repeating they don't even have a crime scene to start from.
Has anyone heard of any witnesses?
Why is it taking so long for the DNA results? Surely they were classed as urgent.
There doesn't appear to be any other forensic evidence like boring old fingerprints.
On top of all this the motive is about as clear as mud.

This case is looking like a detectives worst nightmare. I feel for the investgators because this is all uphill.

This is day two of crunch week.
DNA results are needed so pressure can be applied to a suspect.

The fact Jo's mum is asking for armchair detectives to come forward with different scenarios, that would indicate the Police are still pretty clueless to what went on after the last C.C.T.V. They need all the help they can get. And the fact it's to be recreated at the end of this month says an arrest isn't imminent either. I hope they are more forthcoming with facts on this recreation, like at least be honest and say if they are certain the body has been in Longwood lane for 8 days, or not. If they want to jog peoples memories they have to be specific to what dates. Interesting to see the house plans have been made available. Lets hope the Police have come to the conclusion that keeping this kind of thing close to their chest isn't helping the case.

If the police genuinely want the help of the public, then they need to put a lot more information in the public domain.

I have some understanding of police procedure (from a very different era, admittedly!), so I appreciate why they aren't saying whether a ligature was used, for example. However they seem to me to have been keeping some information out of the public domain just for the sake of it.

For example, they must, surely, by now have an accurate route and timeline for Jo's walk home. They must know whether she ate all or part of the legendary pizza. They must have a good estimate of when the body was dumped, and of the time of death. If they know for an absolute fact that Jo arrived back at her flat, they should state it as a fact. No need to tell us how they know, that evidence might be crucial at trial, but just tell us that they know.

Information like this would focus people's minds on the real facts of the case, for example information on her route home might just produce new witnesses. Only one new witness may be all it takes.

More accurate information should focus everyone's minds on those aspects of the case where the public could help, and put an end to loads of speculation which probably ends up wasting police time, as members of the public helpfully (they think) provide evidence relating to impossible scenarios- information which somebody on the enquiry team then has to deal with.

I can't at this stage say whether I am in the "bungling coppers" camp, or the "breakthrough imminent" camp. I just don't know enough about the enquiry. Did they really throw resources at the suspension bridge CCTV without considering other routes? If they did, then it's "bungling coppers". Were door to door enquiries made? I've seen no reports that they were, but if they weren't, somebody had better have a very good reason why not.

If the police really have been very cleverly managing this case, then good for them, they're obviously a lot cleverer than me, because I just can't see any clear strategy at this stage. The killer must be really confused!

I thought I'd read most everything on this case and I followed the McCann case as well, but it seems I'm missing the links. There seem to be more dissimilarities than similarities, like that JY's body was found while Madeleine is still missing, JY was an adult and Madeleine a child. Can you clarify the connection? I'm also unfamiliar with the suggestion of Masonic involvement in either JY's or MM's cases. Where do the Masons fit in?

Not to mention the fact that the Yeates family have yet to fire up their own media manipulation machine or attempt to run their own parallel investigation.

I fail to see the similarities either.

The fact Jo's mum is asking for armchair detectives to come forward with different scenarios, that would indicate the Police are still pretty clueless

I'm pretty sure she didn't ask for that. The appeal was directed to people who may know the killer.

no sign that, as he reports, the police are to withdraw charges against him...

There are no charges to be withdrawn.

Polite Request

I wish that people would stop making comments about Madeleine Mccann, her case has no relevance to this one and there is no discussion topic for her on this forum, there IS a reason for this.
Please delete this mods if it is found offensive, it is just a polite request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member