GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Brummster we have been through all possible scenarios, and we must remember that CJ is still on bail. Maybe the police need more proof to be able to nail him and that is why they have appealed. I havent ever thought it could be him but I'm changing my mind rapidly.

I keep on changing my mind over who I think the killer could be. Right now, based on what we know - I'm leaning towards GR, another resident of the building (CJ or other, although I too don't think it's him - just doesn't fit somehow - he is likely not physically strong and I would imagine Joanna would have no trouble over powering him, also why after 65 years does he decide to commit murder. If there was any controlling behaviour, abuse etc in his past, believe me, the press would have dragged it out. So far nothing except that he had blue hair? Or have the police silenced the press? On the other hand, he's a very clever man so could have pulled this off?), MW.

Just listening to JY parents again. Interesting that they say something along the lines of something small triggering the killer off. This to me is important and indicates that LE know the motive and therefore the killer.

Yes Jo's parents are clearly distressed and were very brave, poor souls. I do feel if there was any doubt regarding GR the parents would have been told by the police and would have chosen to do the interview with just her brother there.

They are in my prayers.

If I had one wish it would be this:

'to be a fly on the wall in the police station'

I would especially like to know who has been taken into the interview room.

Apart from my hopes pinned on the reported DNA I'm hoping they are letting the perpetrator carry on with his life thinking he might be in the clear.
The detectives are getting ready to hammer in the final nail. Hopefully he will help them.

True Mystery64, we don't know who has been interviewed by the police and what they've said.

I think crimewatch will be targetted to family and friends of perp to get them to come forward with info.

How the perp got in the flat: Either JY opened the door to someone she knew,
or
she opened the door expecting it to be someone she knew ie.MW but it wasn't him,
or
someone approached her from behind whilst she was opening the door from the outside and forced themselves into her flat along with her,
or
someone had keys and let himself in.
Are there any other possibilities?

She met someone she knew as she arrived home and invited them in?

Last person to leave the flat forgot to lock it and perp. let themselves in and was there when she returned.

Someone got in the window which may have been left unlocked.

I ve been watching some of the first video's, posting the video of the parents talking about the night they heard Jo had gone missing, if you fast forward to about the middle, they then show a pic of Jo's graduation, they go on to say G/R waited around for two hours looking around the flat, the father then says he called them around 8.30, then his wife says 12 midnight, but he may have been under a lot of stress and got the time wrong, or has she got the time wrong, or have I got it wrong lol, maybe you can have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qliGy7Nn-V0

i think he says: greg got home at 8:30 and she then says we got a call at midnight....

Yes Jo's parents are clearly distressed and were very brave, poor souls. I do feel if there was any doubt regarding GR the parents would have been told by the police and would have chosen to do the interview with just her brother there.

They are in my prayers.

I don't know sweep the cat. Having watched the true lies (was that the name of the crime documentary linked on an earlier thread), where the murdered woman's sister was involved in trapping the perp - I would not be surprised if the LE knowing that GR might have been involved included him in that interview. They wouldn't want to alarm him (GR)that they were on to him, and would have been observing his body language. I think also, at that stage it would have been too early to eliminate him entirely as a suspect.

The latest press release by DY & TY says only one thing to me - "we know it was a friend or somebody Jo knew that killed her - dont let them get away with it" just to play a little on the conscience of those supplying the perp with an alibi to cover theyre tracks.

The clock is ticking 'very loudly'.

"Just listening to JY parents again. Interesting that they say something along the lines of something small triggering the killer off. This to me is important and indicates that LE know the motive and therefore the killer."

Yes again Brummster, something small triggering it off coulf have been the text to MW but I am leaning away from GR seeing him with the parents, but was that a red herring!!

I havent ever thought it could be him but I'm changing my mind rapidly.
My friend is 100% sure it's CJ, his motive being uncontrolled and escalated rage at how JY and GR kept his flat untidy.

I would love it if one of you regulars took on the role of Chief Inspector to bring some order to our discussions and keep us all on track!

The latest press release by DY & TY says only one thing to me - "we know it was a friend or somebody Jo knew that killed her - dont let them get away with it" just to play a little on the conscience of those supplying the perp with an alibi to cover theyre tracks.

The clock is ticking 'very loudly'.

I think you could be right destroyer. I couldn't be more convinced that they know who did it, and potentially why, where, how. Just need that little bit more for a solid case.

Interesting that we haven't heard much about MW...

I also think MW is a suspect especially as he was in the area. Oh god I now have three suspects top of the list.

My friend is 100% sure it's CJ, his motive being uncontrolled and escalated rage at how JY and GR kept his flat untidy.

I would love it if one of you regulars took on the role of Chief Inspector to bring some order to our discussions and keep us all on track!
hes been a land lord for years and years and years you think this was the only couple to have a messy flat if they did? and he decided to kill her for it? oh please LOL

My question regarding CJ is this - how does someone, after 65 years of no previous, wake up and commit such an egregious crime? And that for me is the one thing that creates doubt in my mind about having him on my list of most likely suspects.

The media would have surely dug up things from his past to indicate a tendency/possibility of him blowing up over something small. Unless of course the police have put an embargo on news. All reports/info from the press do seem very...for want of a better word, managed.

Have just watched the vid again of parents appeal and TY said, "How would you feel if you new something and you didnt come forward etc"

This maybe a veiled threat to let someone know that they suspect that they are keeping quiet when they should be coming forward.

Does anyone here think it possible that Jy could have returned home, changed clothing, jacket and boots to go out to meet someone (or party) very nearby and only took with her a spare key and pizza (and possibly a bottle of wine that she already had at the apartment)?
Some people don't do the whole 'handbag' thing when going out and take just the absolute minimum in pockets or a really tiny bag. (taxi money in cash for emergency - no credit/debit cards in case they get lost, spare key with no fob so it's smaller, etc.). JY doesn't strike me as someone who'd be concerned with carrying a tonne of make-up around with her.
Maybe her mobile phone battery was flat or had no credit so she thought it pointless to take it with her.

This could explain why all her stuff seemed to be left behind in the apartment, but actually the essentials were taken with her.

jmo

So much the LE haven't revealed.....

hes been a land lord for years and years and years you think this was the only couple to have a messy flat if they did? and he decided to kill her for it? oh please LOL

No, of course not.
And for the record he's not on my list of suspects.

Does anyone here think it possible that Jy could have returned home, changed clothing, jacket and boots to go out to meet someone (or party) very nearby and only took with her a spare key and pizza (and possibly a bottle of wine that she already had at the apartment)?
Some people don't do the whole 'handbag' thing when going out and take just the absolute minimum in pockets or a really tiny bag. (taxi money in cash for emergency - no credit/debit cards in case they get lost, spare key with no fob so it's smaller, etc.). JY doesn't strike me as someone who'd be concerned with carrying a tonne of make-up around with her.
Maybe her mobile phone battery was flat or had no credit so she thought it pointless to take it with her.

This could explain why all her stuff seemed to be left behind in the apartment, but actually the essentials were taken with her.

jmo

So much the LE haven't revealed.....

IMO I don't think you would take spare key, unless you were pretty organised. We know that the JY and GR were untidy, therefore I would expect spare key to be under stuff somewhere and a hassle to get to, having just got in from the pub and changing to head out agin. The rest of it I can imagine - not wanting to carry lots of stuff because you're just popping round the corner. The key though, no, I can't imagine JY being organised enough to swap for spare.

IMO I don't think you would take spare key, unless you were pretty organised. We know that the JY and GR were untidy, therefore I would expect spare key to be under stuff somewhere and a hassle to get to, having just got in from the pub and changing to head out agin. The rest of it I can imagine - not wanting to carry lots of stuff because you're just popping round the corner. The key though, no, I can't imagine JY being organised enough to swap for spare.

I'm just thinking of my bunch of keys that I take to work and back - HUGE! I certainly wouldn't want to take them out with me of an evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990