GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

After having another look at the CCTV of Joanna in Bargain Booze, can a few others on here take a butchers at what she's carrying in her left hand ?? It appears to be a black carrier bag, but is it a combination of a white carrier bag with a black one or is it a motif on the black bag which looks suspiciously to me similar to that on a JD Sports carrier bag ??

Now ive also had a look at the images again in BB & is she wearing white gloves ?? Plus also it looks to me she is carrying an object in her right hand, possibly a mobile phone ??

Plus also i slowed this right down, there is somebody in front of her in a black jacket, its right as she enters, is she talking to them ??

Freeze frame at 00.04 in BB CCTV pics, theres a guy in front of her, they could be communicating ?? Is she saying see you in a minute ??

This scenario would leave the perp with a dead body in the front of his vehicle which would presumably need to be placed in the boot to avoid detection.

Body from front passenger seat to boot.

Body from entrance hall of flat to boot.

Neither ideal.

Body in large wheelie ski-bag to shed ?

Body in large wheelie ski-bag from shed to car two days later ?

Hi everyone.

Can anyone explain how police bail works?

For instance once you are granted police bail are you 'on it' at the disrection of the police?
Can you be on police bail for months if need be?
Can you use legal avenues to have police bail removed?

Thanks in advance.

For instance once you are granted police bail are you 'on it' at the disrection of the police?

Thanks in advance.

Police bail meaning you are released on condition you return to the Police Station at set times or when required & also you must surrender your passport & not attempt to the leave the country.

After having another look at the CCTV of Joanna in Bargain Booze, can a few others on here take a butchers at what she's carrying in her left hand ?? It appears to be a black carrier bag, but is it a combination of a white carrier bag with a black one or is it a motif on the black bag which looks suspiciously to me similar to that on a JD Sports carrier bag ??

Now ive also had a look at the images again in BB & is she wearing white gloves ?? Plus also it looks to me she is carrying an object in her right hand, possibly a mobile phone ??

Plus also i slowed this right down, there is somebody in front of her in a black jacket, its right as she enters, is she talking to them ??

Freeze frame at 00.04 in BB CCTV pics, theres a guy in front of her, they could be communicating ?? Is she saying see you in a minute ??

I cant see anyone in front of her Destroyer but I am pretty sure she is wearing white gloves and has her mobiles in her right hand. She doesnt appear to be going down the black bag for her purse, but I do think the black bag has a logo on it. It looks like a sports bag. I think!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Good Questions Myserty Another one to add to your collection is Did someone pay bail. I think (not sure about this) that bail is usually an amount of money.

I cant see anyone in front of her Destroyer but I am pretty sure she is wearing white gloves and has her mobiles in her right hand. She doesnt appear to be going down the black bag for her purse, but I do think the black bag has a logo on it. It looks like a sports bag. I think!!!!!!!!!

Are you watching the CCTV they have on the Telegraph website ?? He's right in front of her as she enters BB , slow it down & wind it back , if you click on & hold on the arrows on the vid you can drag the pic back, its at approx 00.04 on the cctv, you cant miss it.

If i was at home i would freeze frame & take a screenshot, but am at work at mo & cant copy or paste. Somebody on here must be able to get it up.

Good Questions Myserty Another one to add to your collection is Did someone pay bail. I think (not sure about this) that bail is usually an amount of money.

Its not quite what you see in the movies, there will be conditions, but cant see any money exchanging hands - besides they would just seize his properties.

jo-yeates-image-2-697085012.jpg

From what I can see you don't even have to knock the door, there is an intercom, which if used would raise even less attention than knocking. Another thing I noticed about the door, is there is no handle (being an ex Joiner you tend to notice sad things like that lol) You have to open the door with your key and push it open by the looks of things. Even if she left the door unlocked, you wouldn't be able to get in from the outside, not until the Yale handle was turned from the flat side to move the lock bolt.

Unless someone had gloves on, which was quite possible considering the freezing weather, then if they pushed their way in, their dabs should be on that door somewhere. That is of course if she did get home. I wonder if it is at all possible to read anything from that intercom?

It's probably already been discussed but it appears to me that the door has a peephole as well?.

301ltad.jpg

5364782393_ce2ef73ffb.jpg

I can get this image. Is the black object you refer to her handbag, Is that what she has here? It's certainly triangular shaped.

And the C.C.T.V footage from Bargain Booze. I saw the person in the shop too. But they were already in the shop when Jo went in, and they move away quick. It does look like a woman to me???

I stopped that C.C.T.V footage at every frame last week, I saved the stills and lightened them in photoshop. There is no one outside either, I was hoping to catch the perp waiting outside. It wasn't going to happen sadly.

teabreid wrote:

That is a terrific guideline for pondering this case.
I would add 'why'.

So, the key words are:

who when how why ???????????

who: GR.

when: Friday night between 8 and 10 pm he returned to the flat due to bad weather on the roads intending to get an early start the next morning.

why: Jealousy: If he was home before Jo when she unpacked the pizza and cider he questioned her and was unhappy to hear her other friend might be coming over . If he came home after her, he saw the pizza and cider on the table and when she told him she was expecting a visitor, he got very angry.

how: They quarreled and during the tussle, he grabbed her from behind in a neck lock using a little more force than intended. Accidental death!
He panicked, put her in the trunk or back seat of his car and headed to Sheffield.
He dumped her body on the way home Sunday and in the 4 hrs he got rid of the pizza and maybe other items. He left the cider on the table. I do find that odd, because he said he initially thought Jo was just out visiting friends. Then why not tidy up a little? It's not as if he initially thought it was a crime scene; therefore wary of tampering with evidence.

*BUT seeing as LE is satisfied with his alibi, I've been leaning towards the theory that the killer was a stranger and it was a random violent attack with a sexual motive that all went wrong, but I've been unable to piece the details together*

5364782393_ce2ef73ffb.jpg

I can get this image. Is the black object you refer to her handbag, Is that what she has here? It's certainly triangular shaped.

And the C.C.T.V footage from Bargain Booze. I saw the person in the shop too. But they were already in the shop when Jo went in, and they move away quick. It does look like a woman to me???

Yes possibly that is what she was carrying when she entered BB, but cant be 100% is the bags in her left hand when she entered BB are the same as we see her carrying here in Tesco ??

The question i am asking about the person in front of her in the shop is - Did she follow them in ?? Were they together ??

Are you watching the CCTV they have on the Telegraph website ?? He's right in front of her as she enters BB , slow it down & wind it back , if you click on & hold on the arrows on the vid you can drag the pic back, its at approx 00.04 on the cctv, you cant miss it.

If i was at home i would freeze frame & take a screenshot, but am at work at mo & cant copy or paste. Somebody on here must be able to get it up.

Ok I got it Destroyer, yes it appears to be a man in black, he doesnt leave the shop while she is there, although I do not feel she was talking to him as she only made eye contact with him when she walked in.

.... The story is roughly this. After Joanna arrives home on the Friday night, she is invited (for instance by a close neighbour) to have a glass of Christmas sherry with him. She accepts and goes to his place, wearing shoes on her feet and taking her bag, but leaving in the flat her pizza which she was getting ready to eat.
The neighbour knows Joanna and knows that Greg is away for the weekend. He does not know that Joanna has been recorded this evening on CCTV and he does not know that she has a till receipt in her handbag. Neither does he know that she made a call and sent a text after leaving her office party.
I imagine him attacking and strangling Jo, in his own home, a little after 9 p.m. on the Friday evening. Once the deed is done, as a close neighbour, and having obviously no genuine alibi for the time when he is committing the murder, he fears that he will be interrogated and suspected. He wonders what to do to divert suspicion from himself. He is perhaps not strong enough to lug the body very far. He thinks of dumping it straight away with all the personal effects at a safe distance, but he realises that it is likely to be found soon and that the spotlight will be back on him.
It occurs to him that the first person the police usually suspect is the spouse. Greg won’t do, as he is away for the week-end, but if the killer can succeed in fudging the timeline sufficiently, Greg might be suspected nevertheless. Failing that, the likeliest possibility to take the heat off himself would be for the police to believe that Joanna was killed in her own flat by an unknown chance intruder.
The killer therefore takes Joanna’s effects back to her flat to give the impression that she was attacked there. Seeing her pizza, he removes it, to leave the timeline vague as to her meals. Then he has a stroke of genius: he ostentatiously scrubs an area of the floor with powerful bleach, so that the next entrant into the flat cannot fail to notice. This will infallibly give the impression of a “forensically aware” criminal cleaning up after a murder. This was what convinced the police and family that it was a murder even before there was a body. It was meant to. This was what the Yeates parents saw but were not allowed to reveal.
Finally the killer leaves the flat and returns home where he loads the body into a tarp and takes it to a place of intermediate storage. After Greg is safely back home, he will dump it at some neutral spot he knows for timely discovery that will leave the police unable to determine a very exact time of death.
The rest of the story we know.

This is a very plausible scenario. :yes:

Interestingly she is left handed. What does that have to do with I hear you say !!! Well I dont know either just an observation.

No gloves in Tesco when she was buying the pizza.

You're right! She is wearing gloves in Bargain Booze.

No DNA would be under her fingernails in a struggle if she was accosted before getting back to her flat.

This ups the ante for the staging theory.

Interestingly she is left handed. What does that have to do with I hear you say !!! Well I dont know either just an observation.

Absolutely nothing Sweep, we had already established this a couple of weeks ago :)

Btw this BB footage provides us with plenty of information the police are not sharing with us -

1 - The edges of the images we see have been blacked out ?? Why ??

2 - We see images from cam no.8, where are the images from the other cams in BB & you can see they have multiple cams, look at the top lefthand side of the pic, you can see the cctv monitor up above the till, it looks to me to have at least 12 screens on it.

3 - Have the police identified the guy entering BB ahead of JY ??

4 - Why have the LE editied out the timer on the pics ?? This would give us a better incling to what time she was in there ?? These could of been taken at anytime ??

I ve been watching some of the first video's, posting the video of the parents talking about the night they heard Jo had gone missing, if you fast forward to about the middle, they then show a pic of Jo's graduation, they go on to say G/R waited around for two hours looking around the flat, the father then says he called them around 8.30, then his wife says 12 midnight, but he may have been under a lot of stress and got the time wrong, or has she got the time wrong, or have I got it wrong lol, maybe you can have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qliGy7Nn-V0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members