GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this one isn't a communal entrance.

Fair enough. As mentioned the door to my flat shuts on its own. I think most prudent landlords would do this. I appreciate it cos if I had to pull or push the door to be sure it closed then the door would be permantly ajar. I think Jo would pull hers shut though, unless she was merrily drunk.

I don't think there is anything too sinister about this crime.

As a rule door closers are only fitted to internal fire doors. Not externals, they'd be a complete pain trying to get in with shopping or anything, plus you would be locked out everytime. You'd have to wedge the door open with some considerable weight/stout wedge. I've never fitted a closer to an external door, and I was a Chippy for 20 years. Even talking to anyone at the door would be a pain.

J.M.O.

This could be the door inside and out.

Yeatesdoor.jpg

ETA: no, don't think it's the same door because the deadbolt on the outside is higher up than the inside.

Wouldn't a door closer on an external door contravene fire regulations?

It seems to me that you have to use the key to pull the door shut- guarantees you can't lock yourself out?

Yes on external doors it would indeed.

Anyway details about the door aren't really getting down to who, how, or when anyone got in there.

That looks like it could be in the kitchen Otto, I'm just wondering if the small window is further away from the door on the outside shot, to the inside shot. It looks so to me. Plus the top of the fan light window shows a wide door reveal, the inside shot has a narrow one.

I see it as pretty straight forward that someone stalked her on her way home, checked to see if she was alone, and then rang the buzzer claiming to have a Christmas delivery. From there, taking her from the flat in a vehicle in the back ... and gone.
That doesn't account for the missing pizza, unless Jo had had enough time to cook it, eat it, and take the empty box to the trash before the perp rang the bell or knocked. So, otto, are you thinking random attack, or someone she knew?

The glass above the blue door leads me to believe it is a communal door. I think the doors to the flats would either have frosted glass or none at all.

This could be the door inside and out.

ETA: no, don't think it's the same door because the deadbolt on the outside is higher up than the inside.

It can't be if this is correct:

A floorplan obtained from the Land Registry shows the young couple's flat is self-contained, with its own front door on the right of the building, and has a simple layout with three main rooms off the entrance hall.
http://news.aol.co.uk/discuss-feed/murdered-jos-flat-has-own-door/1518649

No not really, fire doors are supposed to be closed all the time. Have you not seen the signs?
Please ensure fire doors are closed at all times. There specially built to withstand fire for 30 mins, or one hour. That's the purpose of them to stay closed.

Anyway details about the door aren't really getting down to who, how, or when anyone got in there.

That looks like it could be in the kitchen Otto, I'm just wondering if the small window is further away from the door on the outside shot, to the inside shot. It looks so to me. Plus the top of the fan light window shows a wide door reveal, the inside shot has a narrow one.

I understand the regulations re internal doors, but I was thinking in terms of any regulations governing a clear exit from a burning building- for example, theatres etc can't lock the exits, but that's in relation to public places, so probably not relevant.

As you say, better to focus on who when and how.

No not really, fire doors are supposed to be closed all the time. Have you not seen the signs?
Please ensure fire doors are closed at all times. There specially built to withstand fire for 30 mins, or one hour. That's the purpose of them to stay closed.

Building code requires that commercial buildings have doors that open outwards for fire evacuation. Doors can be adjusted so that they swing closed. In any case, it does give the possibility that the door was unlocked, and possibly even a little bit open when the boyfriend returned on Sunday ... and I have to wonder why that didn't cause concern. If the door was unlocked, he should have been a little more careful entering the flat. Joanna's bag on the table should have given more concern. I am surprised that he didn't immediately call Joanna to see what was up ... and discover that her phone was in her bag on the table ... and then start calling around.

I agree ... the window does look farther away, although I did debate whether it was a camera distortion ... I think it's not the same door.

You mean the interior shot? It could be anywhere - the friend's house, parents' house, previous flat they rented in Bristol, anywhere really.

No, I think the internal shot is of a different flat altogether.

I was more acknowledging my mistake in a face saving way :innocent:

Well I think that rather lively, but healthy debate regarding the door just about sums up what's happening. Nothing at all for us to go on regarding the news front.

It's all very quiet :(

That doesn't account for the missing pizza, unless Jo had had enough time to cook it, eat it, and take the empty box to the trash before the perp rang the bell or knocked. So, otto, are you thinking random attack, or someone she knew?

So much points to a boyfriend, but if he has an alibi, then that's that. I suspect that because so much points to the boyfriend the police have assumed it's someone very close ... but it could be a random attack, that she had about 20 minutes at home before the attack - although that's hardly enough time to bake and eat pizza. I suppose it's possible that someone came into the flat, attacked her, ate pizza ... but that just seems so strange ... particularly as removing her from the flat only makes sense to me if she was alive, or if the perp lived in the building.

I really don't know what to think yet ...

You mean the interior shot? It could be anywhere - the friend's house, parents' house, previous flat they rented in Bristol, anywhere really.

IIRC the pic of Jo and her mate was in a group set of her with friends some years ago.

Before the Digital spy forum closed I'd read a thread that supposed somebody had given her a lift home with her stuff from the shops, knew BF was away, made advances and strangled her in car. The stuff was placed back in the flat (as I've always said) but the Pizza was missed as it fell downside of seat it was then destroyed when the body was stored elsewhere.

edited to add, the person who had given her a lift thought they may have been spotted about 9pm ish so put themselves there at 9pm just incase.

i think there will be new leads from crimewatch to be filmed on thurs.

you wonder why people can't remember things -as there has been a lot of publicity from this case-but no doubt the police will receive fresh leads/memories.

it nearly always happens....even with near-dead cases from ages ago...

It'll be very interesting to see what the police are prepared to imagine or describe on Crimewatch.

For instance, will the recon have the victim returning to her flat, key in the door and all that?

Will it follow her inside and give a narrative of the pizza and the cider? Or just show the box and the bottle again?

Will it show a ligature as a murder weapon?

Will it give a view of the vehicle the body is presumed to have been moved in and what route it is presumed to have taken? If the victim was killed in the flat, then you'd expect the cops to ask 'did you see anyone enter this flat before the time the victim arrived?' Or 'did you see anyone acting suspiciously in the vicinity of the flat before or after the time she arrived?'

You'd also expect the removal of the body - time and manner - to be described as far as possible, since it would be one of only two public moments when the body and killer were visible together.

Hard to see what they'd expect to gain from just saying the body was moved to where it was dumped and if anyone saw that happen please do get in touch, won't you.

There will be no point just showing a blonde girl walking through the streets going to Tesco. They've already played that one out with the CCTV images weeks ago.

Unless the Crimewatch recon is more than just another example of the cops being coy - not saying how they think it occurred for some secret, mysterious reason - it'll be a waste of time and will only devalue the programme for other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966