GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't suggesting that Tabak was the culprit.

Just as well, that would be contempt of court.

I also don't know why some people think that anyone in their late 50s or early 60s would be incapable of doing this crime.

No one is saying otherwise.

The question is this; what is the average age of a murderer? I came across one source at HMP that said that the average age of a sexual murderer was 34. What would the life expectancy of a 34 year-old have been in 1974? 37 years perhaps? Which would mean that 50% of those that were 34 in 1974 would now be dead. Of those that were alive there would be a good chance that they were physically incapacitated in some way - disability is very much age related.

Now I don't really know the answers to any of those questions (but I expect an actuary would) but a back of the envelope calculation would suggest to me that it is unlikely that two murders in 1974 and 2010 were committed by the same person.

If CJ doubts that he saw 2 to 3 people at 44 Canynge Rd on his return home around 9pm like his neighbours seemingly say, can we at least be confident that Jo's front room curtains were open ?

The two things may not be connected, for example, if people were outside or just leaving the property. Then they could have been seen by a passer-by, but whether or not the front room curtains were open doesn't mean anything.

Just wanted to say that I am not overly suspicious about NUA going off two days after JY's disappearance, he is a permanent member of staff and I would presume his workplace have procedures in place to book annual leave, and that has to be done well in advance.... especially to get christmas off!

I feel that if NUA had done this deed, he would have cracked by now..... still not feeling it's him.

Not fee'ing nua either. Once we get more facts then we'll see. Done some sleuthing but not much coming up. Certainly nothing that would implicate nua's gf.

HEY.... Does anyone remember that creepy message on facebook? The one that got deleted? The message said it was two killers, one was a woman, or a man with an alto ego who dressed as a woman? I never believe that kind of rubbish. But looking at the photo halfway down this page nearly had me spit my coffee out.

The photo captioned.
Fun: NUA and girlfriend ******* pictured having summer fun

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...untry-2-days-Jo-seen-alive.html#ixzz1BggMNJK2

Yes I remember that. It was deleted off the wall, but someone copied it into one of the discussion threads. I think it is still there, haven't looked at that page recently, a bit frantic and too extreme IMO. Did it not say that a ring was missing ? That has never been reported elsewhere.

I must admit I dismissed it as a dodgy psychic or just an attention seeking troublemaker. I know the admin of that particular page said it was going to be forwarded to LE. But in retrospect, some of the content in that proposed scenario, however crazy I thought it was at the time, seems a little bit more accurate now.

The question is this; what is the average age of a murderer? I came across one source at HMP that said that the average age of a sexual murderer was 34. What would the life expectancy of a 34 year-old have been in 1974? 37 years perhaps? Which would mean that 50% of those that were 34 in 1974 would now be dead.

I'm trying really hard but I'm just not following this analysis. Is there any way you could please show how you got to this answer? Thank you :)

Yes I remember that. It was deleted off the wall, but someone copied it into one of the discussion threads. I think it is still there, haven't looked at that page recently, a bit frantic and too extreme IMO. Did it not say that a ring was missing ? That has never been reported elsewhere.

I must admit I dismissed it as a dodgy psychic or just an attention seeking troublemaker. I know the admin of that particular page said it was going to be forwarded to LE. But in retrospect, some of the content in that proposed scenario, however crazy I thought it was at the time, seems a little bit more accurate now.

I have a copy of the message. Someone mailed it to me after this latest arrest. It was a bit prophetic, but in a really sick way. I think it got deleted off F.B. I can paste the text here though if you like??

I still use logic to say it was just a sick stunt that got lucky in parts.

Just wanted to say that I am not overly suspicious about NUA going off two days after JY's disappearance, he is a permanent member of staff and I would presume his workplace have procedures in place to book annual leave, and that has to be done well in advance.... especially to get christmas off!

I feel that if NUA had done this deed, he would have cracked by now..... still not feeling it's him.

Not fee'ing nua either. Once we get more facts then we'll see. Done some sleuthing but not much coming up. Certainly nothing that would implicate nua's gf.

Can anyone remember if CJ said he thought he saw 2 or 3 people coming into or going away from 44 Canynge Rd on the 17th December?

chris jefferies originally told neighbours that he saw 3 people coming out of jo's flat on dec 17th.....then retracted his statement when asked by martin brunt sky news...to a vague wishy-washy might have but not sure now job.
because of change of emphasis reporters contacted police....then cj ...police journey.
neighbours reported he was originally DEFINITE ....as he had been parking his car c 9pm.....but had afterwards asked them not to say so to anyone...

chris jefferies originally told neighbours that he saw 3 people coming out of jo's flat on dec 17th.....then retracted his statement when asked by martin brunt sky news...to a vague wishy-washy might have but not sure now job.
because of change of emphasis reporters contacted police....then cj ...police journey.
neighbours reported he was originally DEFINITE ....as he had been parking his car c 9pm.....but had afterwards asked them not to say so to anyone...

Really, don't take he said 'definitely' saw three people as Gods Gospel. A very false picture is painted. No hard fact has ever emerged, Jefferies refused to elaborate further for that very reason. It was all second hand hearsay whipped up by a frenzied press reporting rumours.

I have a copy of the message. Someone mailed it to me after this latest arrest. It was a bit prophetic, but in a really sick way. I think it got deleted off F.B. I can paste the text here though if you like??

I still use logic to say it was just a sick stunt that got lucky in parts.

I agree. An attention seeker that just happened to hit the mark (as far as we know - so much of our information is provided by the imaginative media rather than A&S police) with one or two comments. By all means post away if it's allowable, although it does seem a bit of sick fantasy. I assume someone posted this up before but I am new here.

I wonder why it was deleted from FB anyway ? No crazier than some of the other proposed scenarios and at least it didn't finger point as so many other posters did aand continue to do on that site.

Geoffrey Hardyman said CJ had told him that he saw 3 people and had assumed they were coming from Joanna's flat. Liz Lowman said he told her that they were at the communal area. So who knows which version CJ told the police.

The only definite I can take from this case is someone, somewhere is lying !

The press, the neighbours or the LL.

OMG! I have never seen this but today I posted the same theory! I didn't mention 2 people but other than that.

When was this posted?

On Facebook over a week ago (perhaps two)
I never saw it there, but someone on here pointed it out and linked to it. They'd know when it appeared better.

OMG! I have never seen this but today I posted the same theory! I didn't mention 2 people but other than that.

When was this posted?

I can't recall exactly - a couple of weeks ago, 10 days approx maybe ? It was a random poster on a FB discussion page, turned up and posted this then disappeared as far as I am aware. Not sure as I haven't been on that site very often,it makes my skin crawl a bit. Just based the latter comment on what other FB users have said.

On Facebook over a week ago (perhaps two)
I never saw it there, but someone on here pointed it out and linked to it. They'd know when it appeared better.

I saved it myself on the 9th Jan, it could have been a day or two old then.

I
But, the police did say there were no marks on her body and as to the ring, we do not know if it was missing. Or do we I havent seen it anywhere, perhaps someone here could clear that one for me.

I've followed this case from the beginning, newspaper reports and forums, and this (which I personally believe is just a sick fantasy post) is the only mention of a ring (or lack of) that I have seen.

If it was a genuine psychic, I am sure they would have returned to that forum and given some background to their "skills" in order to reinforce their belief. But AFAIK this person posted and ran.

...... HER RING WAS MISSING ASWELL ."

I mused over it at the time and wondered to myself if Jo was wearing a ring that day. I did try and look at recent pics of her to look for a ring and it was my gut impression that the photo's of her hands had been deliberately obscured to avoid showing a ring. Maybe nothing, just another debating point.

The paper articles about NUA claiming he had split with his girlfriend several weeks ago. Well they must still have been friends, becuase she was still on his Facebook friend list. That was yesterday. I'm not sure today, he's down to 54 friends and the friend page is very slow to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!