GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google and Bing overhead maps don't show a dividing fence at the rear. Looks like a communal area.

Would that mean that anyone from the building /road would have access to her front door from the rear ?

This is what I speculated here last night. I asked the question if an open fire existed. Not sure if real fires are allowed in 'built up' areas.
There would originally have been open fires in every room in that sort of building. Often the flues have been capped, but quite often not. You can still have an open fire in towns so long as you burn only smokeless fuel.

Would that mean that anyone from the building /road would have access to her front door from the rear ?

There is a shed at the end of the path, just past Jo's front door, there was a lot of discussion about whether this blocked access to the back garden, but I think it was concluded that it didn't. Very open to correction on this, though.

A recent post mentioned the unlikelihood of a perp attempting to place objects back in JY's flat because her door was overlooked by no.42 and the perp might have been seen...and this being too risky....

To this I say..... remember the scaffolding. Given the short distance between no.44 and no.42, anyone looking out of the windows at no.42 would only see scaffold board walkways. Only someone at the side door of no.42 would stand a chance of seeing a perp entering JY's flat and prior warning would be signalled by sound/movement in just enough time to swiftly enter the flat or duck down beside the high wall separating no.44 from no.42. I don't actually think it would be considered 'too risky' by someone who had just killed someone. jmo.

Having said that, I'm not a believer in the theory that belongings were planted back in the flat.
I think the problem is the keys. She would have probably not gone out without them, because of the risk of being locked out. So, if one does not have to remove her body from her flat (because she was killed somewhere else), then one has to bring her keys back to her flat. There is no way out.

Some think that she could have wanted to drop something into the garbage can, but I do not see why she would have done that, unless she had to get rid immediately of something that stank a lot... Oh, wait, the litter tray. Hmm, I still think that it was too risky, because of the door, and he would have had to attack her there, outside, at 9 pm, so it is way more visible than sneaking back to her door with her bag at 3 am, entirely dressed in black.

I have to say that I didn't think I would be posting here again, because yesterday morning I thought this case was done and dusted. Now I'm not so sure, in fact I get the strong feeling that there are a few more twists and turns before we get to the bottom of this most mysterious case.

I do hope the family get some sort of closure soon, though. The last 4 weeks must have been torture piled on torture for Jo's parents in particular.

The next 24 hours will be critical to this enquiry- if NUA is released, then the police are in real trouble, but if there was a straightforward answer, I feel he would have been charged already.

I'm beginning to think more than one person was involved- but then my previous pet theory was clearly wrong, so I wouldn't count on it!

Jo was carrying a lot of stuff on those cctv images. Backpack, pizza, cider, work shoes.

Imo she would naturally want to offload at least some of these bags in her own place before going to another flat in the block after any possible invite was offered. So she would go back to her own flat first regardless.

If you have all of these bags in your hands and on your shoulders you're just going to have to pick them all up again when leaving the other person's flat. Why bother when your own place is next door and actually closer to where she was last seen walking on her route.

First stop is her own flat imo regardless.

Edit ... she may want to check on Bernard too. Don't know too much about cats I'm a dog person !

The killer was pegged at being aged 20-25 back in 1974, and if he led a healthy life then of course he could still be here. Anyway, I noticed this earlier on a facebook page and it seem someone else is thinking along similar lines. I've also seen suggestions that there are links to another couple of areas concerning Clifton College in which two other women were found killed in a similar manner to Glenis and Joanna.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=128719860525280&topic=345#topic_top

There was one witness who saw what I recall was described as a "courting couple" in the vicinity where Glenis's body was subsequently discovered and who estimated the age of the man they saw at between 20 and 25 years of age. That might or might not have been the killer, and the witness might or might not have made an accurate guess as to their age. That is however a long, long away from having the killer 'pegged' at any age whatsoever.

The 1974 Carruthers murder is unsolved. It's a simple matter of actuarial statstics that determines that it is unlikely to have been committed by the same person as a murder committed in 2010. Not impossible, simply that I would have thought that there was something like a 50% to 75% chance that there was no connection for that reason alone.

Incidentally the link you provided just contains the usual interweb witterings about a serial killer on the loose. I'd pay more attention to the A&SC's conclusions regarding their review of the Carruthers case. They found nothing to feed into the Yeates inquiry and that, if anything, their review had put distance between the two cases.

I wonder what the fresh evidence could be that the police uncovered during a search that prompted the arrest of MUA ?

Sky News.

Just posting to say hi really. I've been following the site for some time and feel quite familiar with you all. I don't have any firm opinions about who did it, except that there is so much that we're not being told that it's hard to know what to think. I know that the link to the 1974 (?) murder has been discounted by LE but still can't let it go altogether - I wonder whether the noise of a party going on in the area, which has been mentioned in both cases, could have sparked something off in the perp?

I'm new here!

Just wanted to say hello - I've been following this thread for sometime now. I used to follow a thread on another site but found there was far too much bickering going on!

I have taken an interest in this case as Joanna's body was found near my parent's home. In fact they drove down Longwood Lane several times during the week Joanna was missing including the evening of Christmas Eve, hours before Joanna was found.

Just posting to say hi really. I've been following the site for some time and feel quite familiar with you all. I don't have any firm opinions about who did it, except that there is so much that we're not being told that it's hard to know what to think. I know that the link to the 1974 (?) murder has been discounted by LE but still can't let it go altogether - I wonder whether the noise of a party going on in the area, which has been mentioned in both cases, could have sparked something off in the perp?

I think they said they had not found any significant links to the Carruthers case, and so I don't think they will have completely ruled it out.

I suppose this will seem to come out of left field but JY does look quite a lot like Claudia Lawrence. If the MAU is innocent is it possible that it is a serial Killer?
I can find a sort of connection to York but it is loose. There is a woman who lives at the same house as JY and MAU who shows on EL for 2010. The previous address that pops up is York 2003. She appears to have a lot of Uni contacts in Bristol so maybe she works at universities and used to work at York uni. Claudia Lawrence worked at York uni.

Maybe she sourced a job for an ex-colleague from York? maybe an old colleague came to visit?

Just thought I'd throw it in there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...costs-a-small-fortune-to-run-115875-22838073/

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE53F4HI20090417

I dont know about you, but I do feel if the police havent managed to charge UAM by tomorrow evening, I have a strong feeling that they will have a major problem with this case.

If they are waiting for DNA reports to return, they could have bailed this person, but of course we dont know.

I am sorry to say this especially for Mr & Mrs Yeates but I have strong feeling this one still has legs.

I hope I am wrong and that they have the right person.

I wonder what the fresh evidence could be that the police uncovered during a search that prompted the arrest of NUA ?

Sky News.

I just read that on the Sky news page.

I don't know what it could be but he's been under surveillance, so could be anything really. It says he was arrested due to fresh evidence, so it's nothing they have found since the arrest, it's referring to something prior to the arrest.

I suppose this will seem to come out of left field but JY does look quite a lot like Claudia Lawrence. If the MAU is innocent is it possible that it is a serial Killer?
I can find a sort of connection to York but it is loose. There is a woman who lives at the same house as JY and MAU who shows on EL for 2010. The previous address that pops up is York 2003. She appears to have a lot of Uni contacts in Bristol so maybe she works at universities and used to work at York uni. Claudia Lawrence worked at York uni.

Maybe she sourced a job for an ex-colleague from York? maybe an old colleague came to visit?

Just thought I'd throw it in there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...costs-a-small-fortune-to-run-115875-22838073/

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE53F4HI20090417

The resemblance struck me straight away (and NUA's girlfriend is pretty similar too), but I was so convinced that it was b/f, I never really thought it through. If it was NUA, then why would it only be once? We are into possible serial killer territory here, but only IMO, of course.

I just read that on the Sky news page.

I don't know what it could be but he's been under surveillance, so could be anything really. It says he was arrested due to fresh evidence, so it's nothing they have found since the arrest, it's referring to something prior to the arrest.

They arrested Jefferies for the fact someone rumoured him to have made a vague comment, and the fact he had a key. If they arrest people for murder on such triviality, then I wouldn't hold out much hope they have any significant evidence at all. It all looks very bad should NUA be released doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966