GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time ago I posted that she might have burnt the pizza and taken it straight out to the trash. A quick dash to the big green wheelie bin in slippers and misfortune on the way back?
jmo

Maybe, but my money is on the killer tucking in.

I posted a ways back that I thought we were dealing with someone cold enough to take the pizza. It is the hallmark of a true sociopath : he was hungry,and the pizza was there. He would have no idea why it astounds anyone... JMO

He's gotta be sociopathic ... no normal person could attack a woman, murder her, hide her, and then scout around to see if he wanted to take anything ... and then settle on dinner. I wonder if Joanna casually mentioned that Greg was away for the weekend, or if this new suspect saw Greg packing up and leaving ... and decided to take advantage of the situation.

In the case of someone living with their parents, that might be so, but for someone who had lived away for two years, I wouldn't expect parents (even mum) to know every garment. Just as new items can be bought at any time, so can they be discarded.

What I think they noticed - I posted this yesterday but no one commented - is the missing bag that has been mentioned. I don't think it was a suitcase or luggage bag - that could have been lent to someone. I think there was a bag or case for a surfboard (or a snowboard) and that is what was missing. Taken by the killer to put J's body in. I can think of no reasonable explanation for this to be missing, and its absence, when noticed, must have been ominous .

Hi i'm new.....i thought the exact same last night, that the missing ski or snowboard bag was what the parents noticed and was reason they seemed convinced Jo had come to harm.

Hi bananas76 and Janey lou, and welcome to WS.

Anybody know of the Wheelie bin and Bike which were taken by police to examine? Just had a text off a friend regarding this but cannot find any internet source, but apparently it was on the ITV and channel 4 news?! Am i missing something? I feel like a rubbish sleuther!

The problem is that Joanna had not eaten the pizza ... so even if the pizza was cooked, she didn't eat it, but it looks like he did. She was most likely murdered before she could eat ... and then he sat down and had dinner?

We don't know the timeline

Could be she didn't feel hungry. He ate the lot. Then 'it' happened. Although as far as I'm aware, there's been no announcement of precisely when she died. It may be not for a while, as it's been suggested they're searching several premises at the moment. So she may have been taken alive to another location/premises

Not sure if I mentioned in an earlier thread about the possibility of a dumb waiter. It certainly occurred to me, several threads ago when we were discussing the other tenants in the building. A house that size may well have had a dumb waiter. Possibly not worth the expense of incorporating it into the flats when the building was divided. So it's possible there's a 'space' from the bottom to the second floor, in there behind the walls. LE appear intent upon finding something, anyway, by the look of that scaffolding

The missing pizza makes sense to me if she were murdered else where in the building ie next door. If her killer replaced her belonging into her flat, he would not repace the pizza as the idea would be to make it look as if she returned home ate the pizza and was back for a couple of hours giving him/her the opp for an alibi. Her killer might not have been certain that no one saw Joanna enter his/her flat with coat and shopping bags. They might have waked home together part of the way through Clifton or met in the communial hall collecting post? JMO

I enquired here in the forum about what might be known about the building's other tenants. We knew a little about only some of them

Someone in this forum mentioned 'foreign students', so I asked if any details had been published. Was ticked off by at least one forumite, from memory

Another stated the flat next door was owned by someone of different nationality, who'd completed his PhD in UK, I think. But it was suggested he was 'older' and hardly likely to be a suspect

Now, it's looking otherwise, based on recent media reports

Oh,I asked where the flat with the "foreign students " was, mostly because I wondered if they would have been around Jo's age, and perhaps they had things in common,and liked to hang out together ? I read it in some news report...

Anybody know of the Wheelie bin and Bike which were taken by police to examine? Just had a text off a friend regarding this but cannot find any internet source, but apparently it was on the ITV and channel 4 news?! Am i missing something? I feel like a rubbish sleuther!

It's online somewhere, with pictures of the bins and police sifting through the rubbish, but I've read so much that I can't provide a link as to where it was now.

Regarding the blocked off door my partner is an architect and I myself am a chartered surveyor and we can both assure you all that the door would have been blocked up and plastered over, thus creating no immediate access from one flat to another. These doorways are indeed common in older properties, however planning regs and fire regs (both which have correctly been mentioned) would deem it imperative for the doorway to be correctly blocked off. There is more chance of the perp entering via an open window then using this blocked off doorway and I am sure the rubble and plaster which would have been plainly evident would have been a huge hint as to what happened.

All just my professional opinion though

I agree that it looks as though it was blocked off but I don't believe the fire regs require it, not on the ground floor. I have friends who have a Victorian hotel where connecting but permanently locked doors are still in place and they have to regularly be checked to get their fire certificate.

The neighbours entrance was in the back garden and JYs round the side so it was pretty easy for him to approach her door unseen. If he knocked on her door under any pretext, she would probably invite him in as it was cold!

Well there's LOTS of questions we need answering yet.

Were hoping we know how dunnit now (but not until it's confirmed of course)

All we need to know is.

*When did it happen.
*Where did it happen
*why did it happen (motive)
*When was the body left in Longwood Lane
(and if wasn't there for 8 days, then where was it kept)
*Did Jo actually reach home
(And if not, what happened to stop her)

There the main ones for me, but of course what happened to the sock, and the Pizza as well.

Anymore I've missed??

Well there's LOTS of questions we need answering yet.

Were hoping we know how dunnit now (but not until it's confirmed of course)

All we need to know is.

*When did it happen.
*Where did it happen
*why did it happen (motive)
*When was the body left in Longwood Lane
(and if wasn't there for 8 days, then where was it kept)
*Did Jo actually reach home
(And if not, what happened to stop her)

There the main ones for me, but of course what happened to the sock, and the Pizza as well.

Anymore I've missed??

We could possibly add: ' Was there one or more perpetrators ? '

I enquired here in the forum about what might be known about the building's other tenants. We knew a little about only some of them

Someone in this forum mentioned 'foreign students', so I asked if any details had been published. Was ticked off by at least one forumite, from memory

Another stated the flat next door was owned by someone of different nationality, who'd completed his PhD in UK, I think. But it was suggested he was 'older' and hardly likely to be a suspect

Now, it's looking otherwise, based on recent media reports

I remember that post, and I thought he meant that the person was older than most people expect from the description 'student'; and not that his age precluded him from being a suspect.

Or anyone aiding & abbeting, or covering up for them yes agreed.

Yes, that's a possibility we shouldn't discount at this stage

particularly given CJ's reported claims of believing he may have seen JY in the company of two others that night. It was reported after his arrest that neighbours etc. had claimed he'd been more definite when recounting his sighting to them

I remember that post, and I thought he meant that the person was older than most people expect from the description 'student'; and not that his age precluded him from being a suspect.

Yes, that's the general impression I formed also, re: 'older than what's generally regarded as 'student-age'

Glad LE were working behind the scenes to arrive at this point. Can't help wondering how they pulled this out of the mix. Maybe a tip off ? Good they're onto it, anyway

Hi i'm new.....i thought the exact same last night, that the missing ski or snowboard bag was what the parents noticed and was reason they seemed convinced Jo had come to harm.

Why, thank you! Nice to have some support, it seems a reasonable theory to me.

Glad LE were working behind the scenes to arrive at this point. Can't help wondering how they pulled this out of the mix. Maybe a tip off ?

He would be the first person on my list, tbh. One of the few people who could move between his home & the victim's home without being noticed. Possibly someone gave him an alibi which has now been withdrawn? Or it simply took time to accumulate the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966