GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'He is unsure of exactly when the incident happened but has become increasingly concerned that it was on December 18 – the morning after Miss Yeates was last seen.'

I do no think it has anything to do with Joanna's murder.

Exactly teabreid.

Three things will pin him to this crime.

Witnesses, forensic evidence and a confession.

There is no witness to the crime.

That leaves forensics or a confession. Preferably both.
Nothing else will cut it.

Exactly teabreid.

Three things will pin him to this crime.

Witnesses, forensic evidence and a confession.

There is no witness to the crime.

That leaves forensics or a confession. Preferably both.
Nothing else will cut it.

Not exactly true..
CCTV could prove crucial, as well as witnesses who can challenge any potential alibi or prove he is lying.

I stand to be corrected, and will wipe the egg of my face with a big grin ;)
But i'm sure I just heard the Police can apply for more time to question NUA when times up tonight. I'm sure someone will be able to elaborate further.

My mistake,sorry, you are spot on, per the A&C website they can apply for a further warrant of detention.

I've just measured Clifton Down Station from NUA's place on Google Earth. It's 316 yards away exactly as the crow flies lol :)
And Google Maps says it is 0.9 miles by the road.

Like naturally suspicious, I guess he took the train with his bike. Seems very convenient.

I stand to be corrected, and will wipe the egg of my face with a big grin ;)
But i'm sure I just heard the Police can apply for more time to question NUA when times up tonight. I'm sure someone will be able to elaborate further.

So... That leaves us with a possible scenario that NUA doesn't even have a car. It's all assumptions of course, but so far there hasn't been anything mentioned about it. Jo's parents appeal 'maybe someone borrowed your car'' seems rather ominous.

I wonder if this is where there trying to pin NUA down?

Friday, January 21st, 2011

"Police have been given an extra 30-hours to quiz 32-year-old murder suspect Vincent Tabak.

The force confirmed this afternoon it had successfully been to court and applied for a warrant of further detention, to continue to question the Dutch national.

The extra time gives officers until late tomorrow night to either charge or release Mr Tabak on bail.

They could still apply to hold the workspace expert, who lived next door to murdered Jo, for another 30 hours without charge – taking his time in custody to the legal 96 hour limit."

http://swns.com/vincent-tabak-police-given-more-time-to-quiz-jo-yeates-murder-suspect-211837.html

Not exactly true..
CCTV could prove crucial, as well as witnesses who can challenge any potential alibi or prove he is lying.

I take your point but the police will want a lot more than that IMO.

Most of us have seen actual footage from the interview room.
It is tough going for the suspect.

This second interview is taking as long as the one for the first suspect or at least heading that way.

My guess is they are aiming for a confession. Obviously they have not had success thus far.

Why don't they use the DNA for goodness sake.

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed NUA had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.
A neighbour said: ‘When [NUA] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’

The car CJ spoke to NUA about was GR's car which he helped to start not NUA's car.

I take your point but the police will want a lot more than that IMO.

Most of us have seen actual footage from the interview room.
It is tough going for the suspect.

This second interview is taking as long as the one for the first suspect or at least heading that way.

My guess is they are aiming for a confession. Obviously they have not had success thus far.

Why don't they use the DNA for goodness sake.
I'm also mystified by that. If they have it, why not generate a profile, test everyone in the building/neighbours in the street/etc, and just compare.

Mind you conceivably they've done that and are just talking out the time with NUA under caution, getting as much info as they can. Apart from anything else this may influence what he's charged with - murder or manslaughter.

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed NUA had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.
A neighbour said: ‘When [NUA] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’

The car CJ spoke to NUA about was GR's car which he helped to start not NUA's car.

Yes it was indeed. The importance of that quote was the fact NUA was on his bike at the time. Casting doubts he even has a car.

Sorry for just thinking about this aspect. By what means of transport did NUA claim to return to Eindhoven? Ryanair operate a twice daily service from London Stansted airport direct to Eindhoven airport. From Bristol coach station there are plenty of buses to Stansted airport which take about 4 hours 30 minutes. So NUA could have gone by NEx coach to Stansted and then flew directly to Eindhoven on the evening flight. My comment would be that unless he booked it early this would be very expensive to purchase and fly so close to Christmas. Alternatively he could have flown with Easyjet from Bristol airport to Amsterdam and then gone by train to Eindhoven.

Eurotunnel and long distance coach or rail/ferry combinations are also possible. Obviously NUA will have to provide proof of his supposed method of travel. Whichever way he is supposed to have travelled it is not an easy journey. I suspect that one reason he is being detained is that each stage of the journey will require corroboration maybe involving Dutch cctv footage, ticket booking references, dutch witness statements confirming that he was actually in Holland. This is all very time consuming.

NUA, given his Ph.D in the use of office space, should be better organised than most other interviewees in recalling the precise details of his trip.

Crime justice and the law

Your rights if you're arrested

How long can you be held?

You cannot normally be held for more than 24 hours without being charged with a crime. However, for more serious offences, a police superintendent can extend that period to 36 hours. A court can extend it to 96 hours.

Once the police have completed their investigation and decided not to make any more enquiries, they will decide whether they have enough evidence to charge you with a crime.

If they do not have enough evidence, you will be released.

More at link: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJusticeAndTheLaw/ThePolice/DG_181769

Yes it was indeed. The importance of that quote was the fact NUA was on his bike at the time. Casting doubts he even has a car.
Like someone said earlier, if he had had a car, they would have probably taken it for forensic examination like the two used by CJ (one belonging to one of his friends) and PS and GR's cars, I think. That would make sense to me, at least: all cars that were usually parked next to the house.

And also indicates that NUA was aware that Greg wasn't home that night?

Indeed it would agreed :eek:

I'm not one to take press reports as fact. But there are a few doubts being printed that he actually did leave for Holland, one quote states the bad weather postponed it, or put it off altogether. His elder sister wouldn't answer that question and ended the phone call (If the press story is to be believed)

I thought so at the time, and still think the body was left in Longwood Lane on Christmas morning.

Indeed it would agreed :eek:

I'm not one to take press reports as fact. But there are a few doubts being printed that he actually did leave for Holland, one quote states the bad weather postponed it, or put it off altogether. His elder sister wouldn't answer that question and ended the phone call (If the press story is to be believed)

I thought so at the time, and still think the body was left in Longwood Lane on Christmas morning.

Movements through ports and airports are tied down so tight these days that the police should have no problem tracking UAT's trip to Holland, if in fact it took place. Plus mobile phone pings, cctv, etc.

Though this suspect would have been pretty savvy regarding tracking people's movements- he has a PhD in it, after all! I'm guessing the interviews are proving very difficult (for the police).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010