GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The retired detective is wrong. Steve Wright was convicted of five murders purely on forensics; no witnesses, no confessions. No clear cause of death in some of the victims, no primary crime scene ever identified, and he no commented his way through three days of questioning. All the police had was forensics that put him and all five of the victims together. He was convicted.

Not true. They had his car on video in the area. He could not account for his whereabouts, had no alibi's for certain times, was id'd as a punter. Conviction cannot be on DNA alone.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...son-devastated-at-his-arrest-115875-22866637/

Ha - the joggers remind me of another case (that's off topic) - but anyhow, I see absolutely no similarities in Jo's and this girl's appearance. The sub-text is maddening - it's like subliminal messaging.

jmo

i was speaking to son about this case last night...lives/works in bristol;girlfriend lives just up the road from canynge rd (other son lives 2 doors away from nos42/44).
girlfriend of dutchman is almost identical to jo...amazing likeness/ also, similar interests/both slim and fit......son's girlfriend has met tanya..

All I've heard so far is they've taken NUA's bike away. No mention of any car at all.

It's all press quotes.

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed NUA had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.
A neighbour said: ‘When [NUA] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’

Remember Jo's parents appeal this week when they asked 'Maybe somebody borrowed you car?

No mention of any car being taken away belonging too NUA on the news, or press.
(And don't forget they haven't missed a think so far)
To me it appears he doesn't even have a car so far????

One of the alleged cries for help was heard around Midnight I believe the press states, and he wasn't sure of the date.

In the Telegraph article here
It has a degree of uncertainty if he left the country at all over Christmas.

NUA's eldest sister Ilse says “We don’t know anything, everything we hear is from the media, we haven’t heard anything from him,” Ilsa Tabak said last night.

“The only thing I can say is he is a very nice, sociable guy.”

But when asked if he had seen his family over the festive period she said “I can’t comment on that now, I really, really want to leave it at this.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-question-female-friend-of-Vincent-Tabak.html

The reported ''crying girl' getting in touch with the Police is far to vague to naturally assume it was T.M. And there's far too much contradiction stating they split up before Christmas, and on the other hand they are very much together according to other quotes.

My thoughts are the clock is ticking, time is running out to question NUA. I think it's a good idea to crack on editing this Crimewatch reconstruction. I'm pretty sure they are going to have to broadcast it.

i was speaking to son about this case last night...lives/works in bristol;girlfriend lives just up the road from canynge rd (other son lives 2 doors away from nos42/44).
girlfriend of dutchman is almost identical to jo...amazing likeness/ also, similar interests/both slim and fit......son's girlfriend has met tanya..

How worrying that he lives so close. Has he been questioned by LE?

Presumably to get to her work at Malmesbury TM has a car?
Perhaps NUA borrowed her vehicle? (Hence the appeal)
It would be interesting to know whether he cycles to work (perhaps via train from Bristol to Bath).

I joined WS ages ago to read about the McCann case. But I only lurked. I had not realised that I had not completed my registration until I tried to log in to post on this case!

What do we know of the movements of VT and TM since December 17?

Let me speculate.

I think the police have arrested VT due to the perceived discrepancies in his whereabouts.

?Dec 20 VT and TM were questioned early on and cleared. Was this on Dec 20?

?Dec 20 VT must have told neighbours that he was going to Holland to see his family for Christmas but he apparently did not go due to the weather conditions but did not return to his flat. He could have asked EM for the keys to her flat so he could stay there to avoid media glare.

Jan early - EM leaves for Chile for four weeks.

Jan early - VT moved into EM's flat.

Jan 5 VT returned to work.

CJ could have told police about VT when he was arrested and lied in some way to get them off his back.

Police are keen to get entry to his flat especially as LL has keys to it to check forensic evidence there and to question him about his whereabouts and whether he heard anything that weekend.

LE have VT under surveillance as they wonder why he is living at another address

DY and TY make appeal on TV

EM hears about it via her father who had not been told that VT was living in her flat with her permission so he contacts daughter and tells her to phone the police.

EM phones police and sobs over the phone thinking that perhaps VT is guilty.

Jan 20? VT is found to be de-iceing his car at 2am so police decide to arrest him at 6am as it might have appeared to them that he is going to do a run.

IMO VT being a quiet person has unwittingly made others suspicious of him.

As the previous tenants claimed that you could hear everything from the flat next door, I think the police will be keen to find out what VT knows about all the neighbours at 42 and 44 which could give them even more clues.

However, IMO VT seems to be a person who does not think he needs to tell everyone where he is. I am sure his albi must have been checked out by now and he will be released after the DNA check.

As I speculated:

The Telegraph is reporting that there may be doubts about whether VT actually returned to Holland over Christmas - Dutch neighbours didn't see him, sister wouldn't comment, family haven't heard from him (despite the fact that a person in police detention has the right for a phone call to be made to relatives):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ent-Tabak.html

Presumably it shouldn't be hard for police to check flight and ferry bookings, though.

Presumably to get to her work at Malmesbury TM has a car?
Perhaps NUA borrowed her vehicle? (Hence the appeal)
It would be interesting to know whether he cycles to work (perhaps via train from Bristol to Bath).
It's quite possible.
Clifton has two railway station within half a mile distance. That was something I noticed while looking at Google Earth. Clifton Down, and Redland railway station are very close to both Canynge Road, and Aberdeen Road.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...3687,-2.610798&spn=0.012326,0.029054&t=h&z=15

I'm not sure if I could work them into any murder alibi times, or lies at the time.

When you say met Tanja..elaborate...

don't know any more, i'm afraid.....
not at 42/44
but likeness amazingly apparent..

apparently many people in bristol have links/or know someone who has met various people from this case..
son wd not tell me any more except that gossip/fear was rife in clifton...
understandably.....

I would imagine NUA is a difficult person to inteview.
Highly intelligent, speaks at least two languages and from a different culture.

Add to that mix the fact the police seem a bit light on evidence and no known witnesses means they could be on thin ice.
If this arrest goes pear shaped I wouldn't like to be in the shoes of the person in charge of the investigation.

At least they have DNA if things get desperate. (well, they are supposed to have it)

Clifton railway CCTV - if that was where he caught the train - would presumably capture him arriving back from Bath and then cycling off in the direction of his flat perhaps?

How worrying that he lives so close. Has he been questioned by LE?

girlfriend..who owns the flat...has been rung up by press...don't know how her number was found...feels it is intrusive...i agree

very few in area want to be named...

when i first posted that son and girlfriend living so close to 42/44 i was scared ...in case murderer after them....

had just had anaesthetic for broken wrist...so understandable....

Clifton railway CCTV - if that was where he caught the train - would presumably capture him arriving back from Bath and then cycling off in the direction of his flat perhaps?

son wd discuss possible journey last night....

bicycle to clifton down station...short ride to temple meads...main station...catch train to bath...10 minute ride...get out at bath...cycle to workplace.
son estimated whole journey wd take 1hr-1.1/4 hrs each way...

bur easy way to get to work...
otherwise car to bath in heavy traffic each day...cd be equally long.....and not so so healthy...

Looks like Bath Spa Railway station is approximately 0.2 mile from NUA's work (BH).
About 1km from Canynge Road to Clifton Down station.

son wd discuss possible journey last night....

bicycle to clifton down station...short ride to temple meads...main station...catch train to bath...10 minute ride...get out at bath...cycle to workplace.
son estimated whole journey wd take 1hr-1.1/4 hrs each way...

bur easy way to get to work...
otherwise car to bath in heavy traffic each day...cd be equally long.....and not so so healthy...

I've just measured Clifton Down Station from NUA's place on Google Earth. It's 316 yards away exactly as the crow flies lol :)

The police can only hold NUA until this evening, and at that point he must be charged or released. The pressure on the police to press charges will be intense, and that really worries me. There have been too many miscarriages of justice in similar circumstances, and I do wonder whether the police arrested NUA earlier than they really wanted to because of the huge pressure from family, media and the public. Maybe they gambled on getting a quick confession? If so, has the gamble failed? And then what? This case worries me in every possible aspect.

Joanna Yeates murder case: Neighbour heard cry for help

Saturday, January 22, 2011, 07:00

"A resident who lives near the flat of murder victim Joanna Yeates has told police he may have heard her call for help.

The man, who asked not to be named, heard a chilling cry which worried him so much that he looked out of his window in his property, which is behind where Miss Yeates' lived, and then went outside to check it out.

He is unsure of exactly when the incident happened but has become increasingly concerned that it was on December 18 – the morning after Miss Yeates was last seen.

After first hearing the cry and not being able to work out where it had come from, the man dismissed it as someone falling on an icy pavement nearby.

It was only when Miss Yeates' body was found on Christmas Day that the incident returned to haunt him and he went to police officers to discuss it further."

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/NEIGHBOUR-HEARD-HELP/article-3132931-detail/article.html

The police can only hold NUA until this evening, and at that point he must be charged or released. The pressure on the police to press charges will be intense, and that really worries me. There have been too many miscarriages of justice in similar circumstances, and I do wonder whether the police arrested NUA earlier than they really wanted to because of the huge pressure from family, media and the public. Maybe they gambled on getting a quick confession? If so, has the gamble failed? And then what? This case worries me in every possible aspect.

I stand to be corrected, and will wipe the egg of my face with a big grin ;)
But i'm sure I just heard the Police can apply for more time to question NUA when times up tonight. I'm sure someone will be able to elaborate further.

So... That leaves us with a possible scenario that NUA doesn't even have a car. It's all assumptions of course, but so far there hasn't been anything mentioned about it. Jo's parents appeal 'maybe someone borrowed your car'' seems rather ominous.

I wonder if this is where they are trying to pin NUA down?

My understanding is the police can apply for a further extension to take them through until Monday with NUA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876