GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between holding a glass against the wall and things that you'd naturally here through a poorly soundproofed wall when laying in your bed trying to get to sleep.

And there's a difference between making someone a murderer and making someone a little bit more aware of the young woman who has recently moved next door.

The dividing wall is a solid brick wall plastered on both sides. It isn't some flimsy wood and plaster board partition. It isn't a haven for peeping Toms or saddo pervs listening in. Non of this would come into the equation if the press hadn't printed those house plans. It truly is the papers sensationilising a complete irrelevant nothing.

Edit.. Enough of this silly wall from me too :)

I agree, anything to sell a story its all sources a friend of a friend, dragging anyone out of the wood work for a Story, sensationalising the fact about who slept where in the two Flats, we don't know if the NUA is guilty he might be, but he could be innocent, then what, what if he is totally innocent, the Red Tops do not care, because the Red Top's would sell their soul to the devil if they thought it would make a Story.

If NUA is innocent what next if there is a 3rd or 4th arrest, the same old same!, its People lives they are wrecking with this sort of Journalism, if you can call it Journalism.

This case will not go down in history as the finest hour of British journalism, that's for sure! Much better and more accurate reporting from small local newspapers than from Fleet Street or even, dare I say it, the BBC. Some very sloppy "journalism".

Honestly. Don't let this on to anyone living in a flat, or semi detached house. They'll have nightmares forever more. It's completely insane to make the notion that hearing your neighbours humping turns you into a murderer.

It's irrelevant where a bedroom is, and who uses it. You can stick a glass to any wall in your house regardless.
I really can't see what anyone would get out of it though.

I live in an apartment and I now have visions of 'beanpole man' coming through the wall :banghead:

This case will not go down in history as the finest hour of British journalism, that's for sure! Much better and more accurate reporting from small local newspapers than from Fleet Street or even, dare I say it, the BBC. Some very sloppy "journalism".

Indeed. I think the BBC still had it on their site for a while that Joanna had gone home after Waitrose and then went out again to BB and Tesco. Which was a bit shoddy.

Police declared GR was not a suspect way back in December. That made not a whit of difference to many here, apparently. Just google 'GR' and 'ruled out as a suspect' -- the reports are legion.

There have been many cases where the guilty person was initially not considered a suspect and it has even been stated that that person was not a suspect and was only a witness. For example, Neil Entwistle, who murdered his wife and daughter, was initially described as not a suspect and only a witness by police (BBM):

"A statement released yesterday by the Nottinghamshire police said Entwistle is ''not a suspect,'' and they would not comment on his whereabouts.

'He is being treated by the U.S. authorities as a potential witness,' said Communications Officer Rebecca Tomlinson.' There are no extradition proceedings in relation to him. On that basis, the police in England and Wales have no legal powers to take executive action.'''

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1829910912/Brits-say-Entwistle-not-a-suspect

This makes it hard to have total faith in those types of statements from police IMO.

Whilst we wait for news there are 27 users and 110 guests. Its a long wait - lets hope its worth it.

via Twitter, not necessarily the most reputable source:

"Police decision on Jo Yeates suspect Vincent Tabak expected AT 9:15"

...that's in 20minutes...

Hi everybody - I've been reading this forum with interest for the last week or so and I've been very impressed with how civilised it is compared to at least one other I frequent!

Anyway I've now registered and here's my thoughts for what they're worth. I believe that assuming the DUA actually did go away between 20 Dec and a couple of days ago, this is the reason the LE have appeared to do not very much during that time, as they were suspicious of him from early on but had no evidence, so they were forced to wait until he returned - as without anything other than suspicions, any warrant to extradite him would most likely have failed. They wasted no time once he had come back to the UK to arrest him, which they may have had to do in order to get a DNA sample which would otherwise have been refused - the results of which would take a couple of days to come back - maybe not until last night or this morning presumably?

However my own suspicions are still about GR. I still can't get out of my mind speculating about the missing 4 hours after he returned home on the Sunday night. What was he up to during that time? All the signs should have alerted him immediately - the cat, bag, keys, phone, half-drunk cider and possibly the missing bag/case. If her parents noticed something badly wrong straightaway then why didn't he? If he really is innocent then he should at the very least be ashamed that he didn't take quicker action than he did - IMO of course.

No, my theory - as I say for what it's worth, which could be absolutely nothing! Maybe he left for Sheffield around 7 as he stated, but for some genuine reason he went back - maybe he'd forgotten something, or the car started playing up and the weather worsened.....whatever, it's not important. But all this hassle would surely have caused a great deal of stress and irritation. Maybe he got home just as Jo got in, helped her settle in, and as she took off her boots he poured her a drink and unpacked the pizza ready to get it in the oven before he set off back out - all the time Jo cheerfully chatting about her evening so far, including mentioning that she'd texted MW - and just maybe he flipped, this being the last straw in a stressful day - he'd struggled to get the car going in the first place, he'd had a frustrating start to his journey, which he'd had to make on his own anyway.....and here she was without a care in the world, trying to arrange a cosy evening with another guy.......well maybe he just flipped, and seconds later there she was, unconscious. Well the rest is just more speculation on my part and I've probably waffled on enough for now!

Another first time poster here and have had a similar scenario to the one above, for a couple of days now.
Here is what I think could have occured.
GR returns to the flat unexpectantly, some time after setting off. Perhaps he wants to check up on JY or maybe it is an innocent reason ? Meanwhile JY, having failed to make contact by text to MW, meets up with NUA (after all GR is away & the night is young) at his flat and some form of consensual physical contact is made between them. GR hears or is aware of what is going on next door and is beside himself with rage and jealousy. GR waits in his flat for JY to come back and he snaps.

Just my thoughts - probably miles out.

There have been many cases where the guilty person was initially not considered a suspect and it has even been stated that that person was not a suspect and was only a witness. For example, Neil Entwistle, who murdered his wife and daughter, was initially described as not a suspect and only a witness by police (BBM):

"A statement released yesterday by the Nottinghamshire police said Entwistle is ''not a suspect,'' and they would not comment on his whereabouts.

'He is being treated by the U.S. authorities as a potential witness,' said Communications Officer Rebecca Tomlinson.' There are no extradition proceedings in relation to him. On that basis, the police in England and Wales have no legal powers to take executive action.'''

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1829910912/Brits-say-Entwistle-not-a-suspect

This makes it hard to have total faith in those types of statements from police IMO.

especially when in the same sentance as declaring him "a witness", they say "I am not prepared to speculate whether there are any suspects or what those lines of inquiry might be.”..... IF they had him as a suspect, they would hardly inform him of the fact via the media now, would they!

Yesterday A&S announced well in advance of the deadline that they'd been granted more time for questioning. Whereas this time the deadline has passed and they've not said anything. Which makes me think they'll be charging or releasing this guy, not requesting further time.

Saying someone is not being treated as a suspect but being treated as a witness is not the same as saying the person is cleared ... their alibi checked backwards and forwards.

To my knowledge LE has not "cleared" anyone and have arrested two.

BTW, I am hoping that the murderer will be brought to justice today and the Yeates family can begin to heal and move on. She seemed like the ideal daughter.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Martin Brunt on Sky now, MB has heard nothing as to what the decision is the LE has made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member