GUILTY UK - Joe McCann, multiple victims kidnapped & assaulted, April / May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh ok. That's better then.

What makes you so sure that he'll die before the age of 64?

Well... he's a gutless coward who will probably try to kill himself. Failing that there will be big kudos on offer to anyone who bumps him off. Either way I can't see him surviving 30 years, wouldn't be at all surprised if something happens in the next few weeks. And the sooner the better in my opinion.

I'm upset about the sentence. I don't think 30 years is long enough. He should have been locked away for good.

Plus this

bbm

Does that mean the 30 year sentence could also be halved?? :eek: I don't understand why sentences are halved. I mean what is the point then, giving a sentence of xx years when they get out after half the time served anyway? :mad:
I was just about to ask the same thing. So could he be out in 15 years?

ETA I see it has been explained as a minimum of 30 years.

Last edited:
Purpose of ‘slip rule’ under CPR 40.12 is to ensure orders reflect court’s intention (Santos-Albert v Ochi)
News

Archive • 31.05.2018 •

Found in:
Dispute Resolution,
Personal Injury,
Property Disputes
Dispute Resolution analysis: It is regrettably common for an order, whether drawn up by the parties or the court, to contain accidental errors or omissions. Frequently, these are as simple as a party’s name being spelt incorrectly, the claimant and defendant being the wrong way around, or a date or numerical figure being incorrect. Fortunately, the so-called slip rule, contained in CPR 40.12, permits the court at any time to ‘correct an accidental slip or omission in a judgment or order’. This is usually a relatively straightforward and uncontroversial process.

https://www.lexisnexis.com/uk/lexis...lect_court_s_intention__Santos_Albert_v_Ochi_

Last edited:
Purpose of ‘slip rule’ under CPR 40.12 is to ensure orders reflect court’s intention (Santos-Albert v Ochi)
News

Archive • 31.05.2018 •

Found in:
Dispute Resolution,
Personal Injury,
Property Disputes
Dispute Resolution analysis: It is regrettably common for an order, whether drawn up by the parties or the court, to contain accidental errors or omissions. Frequently, these are as simple as a party’s name being spelt incorrectly, the claimant and defendant being the wrong way around, or a date or numerical figure being incorrect. Fortunately, the so-called slip rule, contained in CPR 40.12, permits the court at any time to ‘correct an accidental slip or omission in a judgment or order’. This is usually a relatively straightforward and uncontroversial process.

https://www.lexisnexis.com/uk/lexis...lect_court_s_intention__Santos_Albert_v_Ochi_
Thanks, so they're just tidying up the paperwork.

When we met, my husband lived in watford. He says he recognises this guy(a stupid post relationship breakdown weekend ended up with him sacked from govermental security and sniffing here).

London has gone crazy recently, glasgow used to have that stab capital rap for and I love that city more than anything, but when my first faced nursery I had to take my kids out to the boring scottish borders to grow up. Any glasgow folks, please don't take that as an insult. It IS home to me (east fifer), when the kids are grown, I'm back

Many thanks for that Legally. I've had a skim through, particularly to see the info re the 2019 release date and time, but will have a more thorough read later.

This makes Line of Duty seem quite tame by comparison - with regard to the amount of initials used :eek:

Many thanks for that Legally. I've had a skim through, particularly to see the info re the 2019 release date and time, but will have a more thorough read later.

This makes Line of Duty seem quite tame by comparison - with regard to the amount of initials used :eek:
I don't think it gives the exact date, just Feb. Unless this appointment always happens on the same date as release. It reads like his residence had already been agreed:

OM9 attempted unsuccessfully to secure a place at an AP for JMc and instead, plans were made to place JMc with family in Buckinghamshire again on his release.

17. On 15 February 2019 JMc reported for his first appointment post-release at the Buckinghamshire probation office.

[...]

50.After JMc’s release from his second sentence in February 2019, there was a final missed opportunity to recall him.

OM = Offender Manager
AP = Approved Premises

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en