Found Deceased UK - John Dick, 37, missing Marine, Bury St Edmunds, 30 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

StillDiggin

Reaction score
John Dick has been missing for over 2 weeks now, with no trace. I read that family think he might be using his expertise to go off grid. He has left his wife and children.
I cannot believe how little coverage in the press, Johns disapearance has generated, virtually nothing.
Of course the Corrie Mckeague case also occurred in this town.
Hopefully we can get a bit more awareness on Johns case.
East Anglian Daily Times
Police are appealing for help in tracing a missing 37 year old man from Bury St Edmunds.

John Dick as last seen in Bury St Edmunds at around 6.30pm on Monday 30 November. It is unknown where he has gone since then.

John is described as a white male, having short cropped grey straight hair, short dark brown stubble, slightly greying, he is 6 ft tall, he has a tattoo of a tribal full sleeve on one arm, and the other arm has a full sleeve royal marines’ emblem.

Officers are concerned for his welfare and are asking anyone who has seen John or who has any information on where he may be to contact Suffolk Police on 101.

Just posting the timeline of what we know from Johns disappearance. Id be interested to see if there are any military establishments near the train route due to Johns Marine background.

Two weeks ago today, my brother John Ross Dick went missing around 6.30pm from Bury St Edmunds. We know he used his bank card and got on a train heading towards Ipswich (we don’t know where he got off yet)

He made an online purchase on Tuesday 1st December and he was likely on Facebook on Friday 4th December as it was active for several hours in the evening.

John had no phone or car, so I feel sure that someone, somewhere has been in contact with him.

John doesn’t suffer with PTSD and there have been no indications that John would just leave, particularly when he thought his young family and wife still in the Norfolk area at the time of his disappearance.

Keep sharing his face, I miss him, we all miss him and we just want him home ♥️

Any info, however insignificant, please contact Suffolk Police on 101

Have you seen this missing man with links to Stevenage?

Stevenage is in a different direction from Bury St Edmunds than Ipswich.

I wonder when his family saw him last? Does he have a second phone? On the surface, his disappearance seems voluntary. Why is he in danger?

image.jpg

Concern as Bury veteran still missing after two weeks

It is unknown where he has gone and he has been classed as a 'high risk' by police.

Last edited:
The only reason why I know about this case is because I saw it here. I am a total news junkie and always watch for crime/missing people stories. The most recent article I can find online is from two days ago. Who is going to remember who they saw two weeks ago?

That's very maddening, imo.

I wonder if he didn't have some sort of mental breakdown? He looked fit and handsome in his FB pics, and not the same at all in the one used now. Some of the family is safe comments made me think that as well. Did he maybe think he'd exposed his family to Covid and felt guilty and took off?

Pure speculation on my part.

I hope he is found safe.

Hopefully the police have more information than they are releasing. He entered a train network so there should be cctv. John was missing on the 30th nov and he used a bank transaction on the 1st Dec. Then as late as the 4th his fb messenger was active for a good few hours so there look to be a few good avenues for the police to look.

Yes
It's noted in one article that he didn't have a phone, so I wonder how his FB msg was accessed?
yes i have seen that, left with no phone but then family say phone pinged 4th Dec. Also there was an online purchase the day after John went missing.
I get mixed messages about Johns state, even from family members. On one side this is completely out of character but on the other side they say John may have reason to be fearful for the safety of him (possible threats?) or his family - but the family state this is not the case. Family have confirmed that John got off the train in Harwich which is a port. So clearly this is being investigated whether John got on a boat.

So, this is something that peaked my interest and I noticed you guys were looking into it as well. Thought I'd lend a hand.

Firstly: Johns Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-dick-4a5ab18b/
Quite a lot in there about recently taking close protection and bodyguard courses. Also he has an extensive background in the intel community.

When looking at contact info you get a link to https://www.lupinesis.co.uk (no longer active, but parts of it are cashed on google site:lupinesis.co.uk - Google Search)

Quick google search shows us the following:
Lupine S.I.S - Security, Investigations, Surveillance
Login • Instagram

And the company registration:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12107235

We see that John was a director of the company which started in Jul 2019. The same month he left the military. We also see another director of the company (not going to say his name here). I found his linked in and he was a policeman who left in Jul 2019. I then found the guy's Facebook page and him and John knew each other as early as 2013. He tagged John in many posts. The strange thing is however, I can't find that guy saying anything on all the missing posts on Facebook. Considering they were clearly close friends AND business partners. He hasn't said anything about his disappearance.

I'd hazard a guess that the company wasn't doing too well. Someone tried to pull out and it all got a bit nasty, some threats were made and John fled.

Quick google search shows us the following:
Lupine S.I.S - Security, Investigations, Surveillance
Login • Instagram

I'd hazard a guess that the company wasn't doing too well. Someone tried to pull out and it all got a bit nasty, some threats were made and John fled.

Snipped by me for focus.

Great sleuthing, FruitGum. I think this throws a whole new light on things. My guess, though, is that John's disappearance may be linked to something or someone he was investigating or keeping under surveillance, rather than to an internal dispute about the business.

There are some dark forces out there. Maybe John got a bit too close for comfort, and has been "advised" to lay low for a while.

I understand bath points of view, but IMO there were simple everyday ex-military marital issues- wife and kids left and moved away (probably back to hometown). They didn’t keep in touch much, annoyed , he became depressed/or was depressed and ran away threatening something unknown. The press release is merely trying to confirm they are ok, they may not be in touch, but they are ok. This is confirmed by the wife still keeping a low profile press wise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back