UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the thread - wasn’t expecting to be here so quickly after SE. IMHO I think JJ possibly vaguely “ knew “ her attacker ( I see many dog walking familiar faces when I am out with mine ) you tend to build a bit of rapport and chat in a quick friendly way. Possibly she had exchanged chats in the past ? He could of taken it completely the wrong way if she rebuffed him ? pits very odd. I feel he’s local. Very local.

There is also the possibility that she was killed at home and taken to the woods by the perpetrator as she was on her own. Do we know if anyone actually saw Julia on the walk or if she spoke to anyone before she left the house to say she was walking the dog.
No. A neighbour washing his car saw her walk off down the road.

Also who polishes their own car these days?
Lots of people on furlough or working from home do during Covid lockdown, as car washes that employ people were closed until 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Also, it's a rural area, so there may not be a car wash that local to them. The nearest one may be Dover or Canterbury.

Plus, some men take pride in their car and only wash and wax it themselves. If it's a nice sunny afternoon, and they're retired or at home on furlough, why not.

he remained with her body.. this is so sad.

I wonder if Toby the dog exhibits any reactive behaviour towards certain (types of) people. I don’t know what the legal situation is in the UK but I remember reading about a parrot once that was part of a murder case because it would get so upset when in the vicinity of the perp. Also, my friend had a rescue dog that was noticeably scared of men who had been drinking.

I couldn't find very much but have messaged Fernandes to ask if he has anymore recent drone footage of the area. A person walking on the wasteland with possibly their car parked nearby but nothing else interesting on the drone footage which was probably taken about a Month ago.
The guy filming on his drone was outside of the colliery when taking drone footage. Bearing in mind that it this was only 10 minutes walk away from Where Julia only days later was found I wonder if he has anything interesting he filmed at the time. The perpetrator could have been hanging around the area for a few weeks for all we know.

Lots of people on furlough or working from home do during Covid lockdown, as car washes that employ people were closed until 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Also, it's a rural area, so there may not be a car wash that local to them. The nearest one may be Dover or Canterbury.

Plus, some men take pride in their car and only wash and wax it themselves. If it's a nice sunny afternoon, and they're retired or at home on furlough, why not.

Excellent answer :)

In his press conference yesterday Assistant Chief Constable Tom Richards said that Julia suffered “very significant head injuries”. This was not just a blow to the head in a scuffle over her dog. Somebody repeatedly smashed her skull with a blunt instrument, most probably a hammer. This wasn’t an attempted theft or mugging gone wrong - whoever did this set out with the intention of committing an extremely violent murder.

Julia's profile is on Strava.

Thanks, now that gives an interesting perspective in terms of a targeted perpetrator trying to locate where Julia lives.

I know that generally police are discreet about their profession and whereabouts on social media but surprisingly this Strava account clearly gives away Julia's home address and regular exercise routes. It shows Julia made use of all the local paths and routes including the one where she was murdered. The most recent route recorded takes the same path on which she was murdered.

It wouldn't take much for somebody like a criminal that encountered her through her work to find that profile with just a name, (the blue line on the profile confirms it) and then track down where she lived and exercises and plan an attack precisely even if they weren't initially familiar with the area or what she looked like.

This gives more credit now to the theory that this was a planned attack and that person wouldn't necessarily need to be local or know her directly in that they could easily track her down and plan an attack. The lack of witness information, weapon and forensics (as far as we are aware) and no motive, suspect or arrests after over a week is making me more inclined to think this was related to her profession, targeted and carefully planned.

Last edited:
Thanks, now that gives an interesting perspective in terms of a targeted perpetrator trying to locate where Julia lives.

I know that generally police are discreet about their profession and whereabouts on social media but surprisingly this Strava account clearly gives away Julia's home address and regular exercise routes. It shows Julia made use of all the local paths and routes including the one where she was murdered. The most recent route recorded takes the same path on which she was murdered.

It wouldn't take much for somebody like a criminal that encountered her through her work to find that profile with just a name, (the blue line on the profile confirms it) and then track down where she lived and exercises and plan an attack precisely even if they weren't initially familiar with the area or what she looked like.

This gives more credit now to the theory that this was an planned attack and that person wouldn't need to be local or know her directly in that they could easily track her down and plan an attack. The lack of witness information, weapon and forensics (as far as we are aware) and no motive, suspect or arrests after over a week is making me more inclined to think this was related to her profession, targeted and carefully planned.
It was a frenzied attack. To me, this suggests a very disturbed individual with a deep hatred of women, not somebody with a grudge because of her police work. It is, however, possible that the murderer stalked her in advance and knew she would be in the field at that time.

This gives more credit now to the theory that this was a planned attack and that person wouldn't necessarily need to be local or know her directly in that they could easily track her down and plan an attack. The lack of witness information, weapon and forensics (as far as we are aware) and no motive, suspect or arrests after over a week is making me more inclined to think this was related to her profession, targeted and carefully planned.

Hopefully Strava will be able to provide LE a list of IP addresses that have accessed this profile.

ETA: wondering if it may be worth you or @Pinkizzy passing this information on to them?

Last edited:
Could you tell us whether the 3pm walk time was her regular time for an afternoon walk or did she have another regular time or did it vary from day to day?

I think it might be unwise to post that level of detail on here, for the same reasons that the police officer wouldn't divulge that type of information on the broadcast yesterday.

Hopefully Strava will be able to provide LE a list of IP addresses that have accessed this profile.

ETA: wondering if it may be worth you or @Pinkizzy passing this information on to them?

I imagine the police have examined all of Julia's devices in fine detail and her family and friends would know about her Strava account.

I imagine the police have examined all of Julia's devices in fine detail and her family and friends would know about her Strava account.

Family and friends maybe but it sounds like this information is in the public domain given that at least two members on WS have seen it. I don't think these details, like dates/times/routes of walks Julia made should be published on WS, not sure if the admins would agree?

It was a frenzied attack. To me, this suggests a very disturbed individual with a deep hatred of women, not somebody with a grudge because of her police work. It is, however, possible that the murderer stalked her in advance and knew she would be in the field at that time.

I'm interested in what makes you think it was a frenzied attack? We have little information about the details of the attack, the only facts are that severe head injuries were caused and to me that could just a well be a precise, cold and calculated means of murder. No other injuries reported which would be typical in a frenzied attack.

Could you tell us whether the 3pm walk time was her regular time for an afternoon walk or did she have another regular time or did it vary from day to day?

There is just occasional information on the profile tracked for specific exercises like running and cycling - only 3 runs this year so that level of detail about regular times is not apparent. A lot of variety in the routes throughout last year, many in a totally different direction but nearly all of them confirm the home address.

Last edited:
There is just occasional information on the profile tracked for specific exercises like running and cycling - only 3 runs and 3 cycle rides this year so that level of detail about regular times is not apparent.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. So any one finding her through her Strava account would not be aware of her daily habits and would have to hang around for some time to find her walking her dog alone and without anyone else in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme