UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if this image from KentOnline showing where Julia was found is accurate (article updated 3rd May)? It isn't where I thought she was found.

CIY3MTUCCTYJ0NZRGUUJ.jpg

It might explain why some media changed from 'found on path' (from Aylesham Road) to 'found in woodland/Akholt Wood'? I guess this happens when police are more cagey/careful about the details.

Anyone know if this image from KentOnline showing where Julia was found is accurate (article updated 3rd May)? It isn't where I thought she was found.

CIY3MTUCCTYJ0NZRGUUJ.jpg

It might explain why some media changed from 'found on path' (from Aylesham Road) to 'found in woodland/Akholt Wood'? I guess this happens when police are more cagey/careful about the details.

Does not look to be in same place as other pictures.

upload_2021-5-5_19-52-42.png

I do, but I was thinking why not say we think it was between 2.30pm and 3.30pm but we cannot be sure so please bear that in mind... Or something. Maybe because as you say people will hook onto the times and not be confident to report.
Because people remember time differently so to say 230-330 and the witnesses think it was about 1pm ish that I saw that I think so there’s no point In phoning it in....
When people are going about their everyday lives and see things in passing, because it’s of no importance to them, it gets filed away until some asks if they saw anything and they remember back to something that slightly drew their attention but because it was not important to them, they don’t always associate a time with it and could think that they saw it that morning or even the day before. So they don’t then call it in . Or they could have seen something the day before that raised their attention and which , in fact is relevant to the crime ( possible the offender was doing a recce for example if planning it ) but again if the SIO says 2-4pm that Tuesday afternoon, they won’t report it because they will think “oh that was the day before so can’t be of relevance “. Do you understand my ramblings lol

Something to further add to my comment and ideas of someone using an off road vehicle rather than murdering Julia on foot. Anti-social behaviour and other incidents of note: This year has been quite a year for off road Vehicles and Motor bikes. The Snowdown Colliery and Tilminstone pitt seem to be quite attractive areas again. A lot of these users are all road legal and insured but not all of them. Some are causing a lot of damage to farmers land. Any vehciles seen of this nature can still be reported to 101 for intel purporses. https://shepherdswellcoldred-pc.gov.../02/Kent-Police-Parish-council-newsletter.pdf

Last edited:
Snowdown Colliery is in Holt Street and looking again unlikely that the perpetrator could have hidden at the colliery as there are supposed to be dog patrols. The walk is 14 min (0.7 mi) via Holt St and Aylesham Rd. Could CCTV hold a vital clue there maybe.

Last edited:
Because people remember time differently so to say 230-330 and the witnesses think it was about 1pm ish that I saw that I think so there’s no point In phoning it in....
When people are going about their everyday lives and see things in passing, because it’s of no importance to them, it gets filed away until some asks if they saw anything and they remember back to something that slightly drew their attention but because it was not important to them, they don’t always associate a time with it and could think that they saw it that morning or even the day before. So they don’t then call it in . Or they could have seen something the day before that raised their attention and which , in fact is relevant to the crime ( possible the offender was doing a recce for example if planning it ) but again if the SIO says 2-4pm that Tuesday afternoon, they won’t report it because they will think “oh that was the day before so can’t be of relevance “. Do you understand my ramblings lol
I do, thank you :D

Snowdown Colliery, Kent is only a short walk from where Julia was found. I was looking on you tube and Macel Fernandes filmed this drone video on or around 14th April 2021. I keep looking hard at the video to see if anyone can be seen hiding out there back then. Marcel is on instagram if anyone wants to see if he has anymore recent footage of the area.

Last edited:

That makes sense, I appreciate these insights from within the profession.

Snowdown Colliery, Kent is only a short walk from where Julia was found. I was looking on you tube and Macel Fernandes filmed this drone video on or around 14th April 2021. I keep looking hard at the video to see if anyone can be seen hiding out there back then. Marcel is on instagram if anyone wants to see if he has anymore recent footage of the area.
I couldn't find very much but have messaged Fernandes to ask if he has anymore recent drone footage of the area. A person walking on the wasteland with possibly their car parked nearby but nothing else interesting on the drone footage which was probably taken about a Month ago.

Attachments

• Person.jpg
    Person.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 36
It does sound odd,but it depends on whether the journalist fully quoted his answer or perhaps asked him the question 'so you might have been one of the last people to have seen her?' And he replied in the affirmative.

Appreciate that Sean Simmonds' (SS) statement needs to be considered against it being given 'in the moment' and/or possible MSM interview phrasing/editing, but there are two other slight possible oddities in the alledged statement he gave:

1."I was polishing my car on the driveway and I looked up and saw Julia walking past on the other side of the road with the dog," he said. "She was heading towards the woods at the back, I'd occasionally bump into her there when I was out walking my two dogs."

Would SS have known Julia was heading towards the woods from just looking up? Why not say the fields or footpaths? Has this recollection simply been distorted by knowing she was actually found at/by the woods? The last reference to bumping into her occasionally feels unnecessary detail and what is meant geographically by "her there"?

2."I didn't see her come back. Around 4pm, the police arrived and started cordoning off the area."

Today's press briefing confirmed that the police were called at 4.08pm. Arrival on the scene and then setting up cordoning would have taken longer. Has there been any confirmation on what time the police actually did actually start cordening off the area? This does seem to be a time slip innacuracy by SS.

Finally, SS is stated as a 'family friend' in this MSM article. Clearly this could be defined in many different ways but interesting to note and possibly hints at more than just a friendly neighbour to the family? Daughter of murdered PCSO Julia James, 53, shares poignant photo of her mother | Daily Mail Online

Expressed in MOO

Last edited:
Dumb question which may already have been picked up on here - was it dry weather on the day Julia was murdered? I still recall the Helen Bailey/Ian Stewart case where rain played a factor in the evidence. Just, if it wasn't good weather, or raining - was the 'neighbour' (SS) actually out polishing his car when he said he spotted Julia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme