UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News reporter Ivor Bennett said: "The photo was taken on a narrow, single-track lane just under a mile from where Julia James was murdered.

"In the background is the often-busy, main road linking Aylesham to the A2 and Dover.

Police would not confirm the source of the image but it appears to have come from dashcam footage as the man is standing on the grassy verge of the road and looking over his shoulder, as if at a passing vehicle.

"The lane is not wide enough for him to have remained on the road."

Julia James: Man sought by police after PCSO murder was seen in a 'very relevant location' to investigation, detectives say

tell me if I’m wrong but I thought I read the picture was taken the day after Julia was found ?

Yes, but if I'm right, I don't see that it matters when it was taken, he could have been identified as being there in the area at the time.
The quick arrival of the police might have made it so difficult for him the get out of the area without being suspected/confronted, by walkers, motorists, police etc. that he stayed, well hid, until next day?

Sky News reporter Ivor Bennett said: "The photo was taken on a narrow, single-track lane just under a mile from where Julia James was murdered.

"In the background is the often-busy, main road linking Aylesham to the A2 and Dover.

Police would not confirm the source of the image but it appears to have come from dashcam footage as the man is standing on the grassy verge of the road and looking over his shoulder, as if at a passing vehicle.

Julia James: Man sought by police after PCSO murder was seen in a 'very relevant location' to investigation, detectives say

That does pretty much confirm Pond Lane at the junction of Adisham and Spinney then as was sleuthed by a couple of posters up thread.

"single-track lane just under a mile from where Julia James was murdered" - that location is 0.9 miles from the murder scene as the crow flies.

It would be interesting to know time of day but there are no shadows to determine the location of the sun. If it was very early morning he might have been making his way out of the area after holing up overnight somewhere, though I would have thought using the cover of darkness would be more likely. ETA: IF he is involved rather than just a witness of course.

Last edited:
New here, extremely long time lurker but first time poster so I hope I do this correctly. The diagram posted in the MSM above that highlights Spinney Lane, doesn’t actually show the full length of it in comparison to google maps.
I travelled down Spinney Lane on google street view and found that this location looks most accurate... and I think it may actually be the junction of adisham road, pond lane and Spinney lane...
to me the left side of the road shows where he would be stood in the long thick bladed grass as shown in Kent Online Image of man released in Julia James murder probe
and right side of the road shows the hedge, albeit very overgrown on the google maps pic.

Google Maps

not sure if it is of any use but I thought I would post.

Just bumping this post which gives Google map of location.

We have to remember that Wayne Couzens hasn't had his trial yet so remains innocent until proved guilty by a judge. Sarah Everard's body was found in woodland near Ashford, Kent which would be approx 22 miles away from the recent murder of Julia James. The suspect Couzens lived in Dover only 12 Miles from Snowdown. So far no-one else has been arrested and her murder appears to have been done carried out by one person only.

Last edited:
I wonder what, if anything , this was about?
Police seen 'running into woods' as chopper circles above
Police officers have been seen "running into woods" about three miles from where the body of murdered PCSO Julia James was found.

Witnesses have told how officers hurried into the trees at the top of Out Elmstead Lane in Barham, near Canterbury, at about 1.30pm.

One farmer approached by police told officers he may have spoken to the man in recent days, but cannot be sure

I do feel there could be a link between the Julia James murder and that of Maria Rawlings.

Distance isn't so much of an issue considering that serial murderers average distance-t0-kill can range from less than a mile to over 500 miles. People are mobile and thus murderers are mobile. As America had a boom in serial murderers with the launch of highways, our own motorways, A and B roads facilitate killers further away from their immediate vicinities.

The location of both body finds are similar, though Maria Rawlings more suburban but still in green space where people walk their dogs. Both locations were metres away from an A-road (A2 in the James case, A12 in the Rawlings case). Both women lay dead in places where school-children might see them on the way home, on time for the post-school crowd.

The MO of causing death seems similar; both involved blunt-force trauma, although Rawlings also suffered neck compression. We haven't had full details of how Julia James died as yet.

The profile of both victims is not dissimilar. Julia was 53 and Maria 45. They're both white British, both from home counties, and both not at work in the afternoon.

The time the women were found/murdered is also similar. James supposedly left home around 14.30 and police were called at 16.08. Rawlings was found at 14.00. This is the post-lunch/pre-evening (13.00-17.00) time of day, when not much happens except to do with schools closing for the day.

If they are related, I'd look at the similarities between the victims, and the time of day as a key signal. If linked, there's a pathological need for the killer to viciously hurt middle-aged white women and leave them broken and exposed in time for the schoolkids walking home. It's broadly about 'revenge' but only in the pathological sense, against some deep-set long-ago 'wrong', and not directly against these women.

If these two cases were linked and I were to geo-profile them together, I'd say the offender is someone who would live somewhere with a buffer from both incidents, most likely London or the part of Kent closer to London. He's mobile for work reasons connecting Essex and eastern Kent. I'd look at Dartford, Maidstone and Bromley.

But if they aren't linked, and if there aren't any more similar killings within a 15-mile radius of Snowdown, then the profile would be the original disorganised offender suffering from psychosis. It would be hard to consider any other type of killer with that kind of short range combined with the disorganised nature of the murder. He would be somewhere in the triangle between Margate-Canterbury-Dover.
Excellent post and you have far more detail about Maria’s murder than i was aware of when I wrote my earlier post about them being linked or not but the similarities with time of day and blunt force trauma. If as you say, it was a similar environment too and equi distance to an arterial route then there is quite a lot to consider to link them and I would say with some confidence that the link cannot be ruled out and must be visited by the SIO to ascertain if it is a linked crime spree. I am just catching up with this thread so I may find details as I read that supports this theory one way or another as events have moved on . It’s an interesting development that’s for sure

The large holdall puts me in mind of something. I don't know if it's a thing in the south of England, but in the north we often get young guys about his age carrying large holdalls like that calling door to door selling cleaning products. They introduce themselves as ex offenders on rehabilitation schemes.
Yes that’s a very good point to consider

Well that has cleared up where the image more than likely came from. Looking again at his face , are there scratches on his face ,to the side of his chin?

Does the fact they haven't released the individual's name mean they don't have a name or could they have it and be keeping it private for the time being?
I think that we can safely assume that they don’t know his name hence them releasing his photo
As I said in my previous post, it’s a huge step to take to release this if it’s believed that he is involved or a suspect because of identification issues as that image of him cannot now be controlled and if it is him that’s potentially responsible and he’s arrested and charged and appears before the Crown then the defence have a good argument if it comes down to identification that he was only picked out as responsible because the witness has seen his image and not because its the person that they saw and believed is responsible if you know what I mean ? Look at identification versus recognition and R V TURNBULL rules of identification

RS&BBM.

I think that's a Nike Swoosh on his bag not a money belt, unless you're looking at something I haven't noticed. Similar to this bag:

61HkVXKmyqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nike-Brasilia-Duffel-Training-Holdall/dp/B01DXALBBU

77DX5IU7ONMMX8QHR4WP.jpg

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/_media/img/750x0/77DX5IU7ONMMX8QHR4WP.jpg
Yes, I agree. You can see the Nike swoosh on the zip of his bag too.

Excellent post and you have far more detail about Maria’s murder than i was aware of when I wrote my earlier post about them being linked or not but the similarities with time of day and blunt force trauma. If as you say, it was a similar environment too and equi distance to an arterial route then there is quite a lot to consider to link them and I would say with some confidence that the link cannot be ruled out and must be visited by the SIO to ascertain if it is a linked crime spree. I am just catching up with this thread so I may find details as I read that supports this theory one way or another as events have moved on . It’s an interesting development that’s for sure

Some details may have crystallised further re Maria since I posted that, but I was just looking at speculatively with profiling theory in mind (the theory that I'm aware of at least). I still think it's worth Kent and the NCA keeping an eye on but it may be that there's real prospect of a link.

Im
why would he be wearing fingerless gloves?

and thats a holdall rather than a rucksack, more commonly used for everyday
Im not saying that this is the case but some criminals put a substance that I won’t name on their fingertips to try and hide their fingerprint so IF the offender did this then fingerless gloves wouldn’t be a problem

Some details may have crystallised further re Maria since I posted that, but I was just looking at speculatively with profiling theory in mind (the theory that I'm aware of at least). I still think it's worth Kent and the NCA keeping an eye on but it may be that there's real prospect of a link.
I agree that it needs to be perused and a decision made to either rule it in or out or put on hold pending further information coming to light

I really hope they find the man in the photo soon. I wasn't expecting them to release a photo so you'd think there must be a good reason they suspect he could be involved.

I was just wondering if the man might have walked from the leisure centre in Spinney Lane, Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre.

Just the sports bag and fingerless gloves which might be worn for weight lifting made me wonder, although I'm sure police have been there already to check it out.

I was just wondering if the man might have walked from the leisure centre in Spinney Lane, Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre.

Just the sports bag and fingerless gloves which might be worn for weight lifting made me wonder, although I'm sure police have been there already to check it out.

I googled the leisure centre and it appears to be closed due to Covid .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro