UK UK - Julia Wallace, 69, Liverpool, 20 Jan 1931

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One proposed scenario regarding the possible 6 PM death time was that, when Alan Close talked to "Julia" at around 6:40, he was actually speaking to William Wallace disguised as his wife.

I think Wallace was about a foot taller than his wife so he would have needed to do some serious crouching to pull that off.

Another theory is that Julia was murdered by an unidentified serial burglar known as the Anfield Housebreaker.

I read a page of information at the Liverpool city police website.

If Wallace had made the phone call wouldn't the club captain have recognised his voice?

Qualtrough is an unusual, rare name but not a made up one. Perhaps a line of enquiry might be to look into who had come into contact with people of that surname ; impossible to do now of course.

I read a page of information at the Liverpool city police website.

If Wallace had made the phone call wouldn't the club captain have recognised his voice?

Qualtrough is an unusual, rare name but not a made up one. Perhaps a line of enquiry might be to look into who had come into contact with people of that surname ; impossible to do now of course.

The phone call was brief so I can imagine Wallace carrying it off. Authorities certainly thought he could.

I wonder if either the daughter or the nephew could still be living.

Olivia was 39 at the time so the daughter and nephew were most likely in their teens during 1931.

Savona Brine, the daughter, was 13 so she was likely born in 1917 or very early 1918. My uncle was born a few years before that and he's still with us. The nephew, Harold English Dennison was 29.

Was the suggestion mentioned in the link above that Parry and Julia Wallace were possibly having some sort of affair ever elaborated on? It seems unlikely, but Parry was also apparently at the house of another older woman with seemingly no family connection to him on the night of the murder. I wonder how he came to know them both?

If I recall, the link did mention the conjecture that the two were having an affair but didn't make too much of the theory.

I have not seen it but, if I'm not mistaken, a recent book on the case centers around the posited affair between the two.

I don't know whether this book blames Wallace or not.

Savona Brine, the daughter, was 13 so she was likely born in 1917 or very early 1918. My uncle was born a few years before that and he's still with us. The nephew, Harold English Dennison was 29.

Mr. English is not on the Wiki list of still living supercentenarians so he is definitely dead.

I know Wikipedia is not the most reliable source but it states that the fact Julia Wallace was 17 years older than William was only discovered in 2001, a full 70 years after her death. How was that discovered? Her gravestone says 52 but she was really 69? Sounds like she may have had a lot of secrets....

Yes, I believe that they just discovered her birth certificate a dozen or so years ago. I don't know what her game was unless she was just vain about her age.

This is a VERY good read. Lots of facts and photos, crime scene and area. I did notice something about the 'Qualtrough' name, not sure what the connection is yet or how it can be used to narrow the perp down. I want to look at mathematical probability and have a think about it first. Not trying to be cryptic purposely but something has got my attention ;)

http://inacityliving.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-wallace-murder-case.html

Yes Robin, that is a great site. Mark Russell of Liverpool, who is writing a book about the case, first turned me on to it last year.

I think Mark's book must be close by now.

He informs me that he's negotiating with publishes now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back