UK UK - Julia Wallace, 69, Liverpool, 20 Jan 1931

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have every book of hers. Great crime novel writer!!

She also co-wrote at least one true crime book, The Maul and the Pear Tree which I have read and deals with the technically unsolved Ratcliff Highway Murders from 1811, a crime that was probably the first media driven murder case as we know them today.

Apparently it was her only true crime book unless Wiki left something off.

She also co-wrote at least one true crime book, The Maul and the Pear Tree which I have read and deals with the technically unsolved Ratcliff Highway Murders from 1811, a crime that was probably the first media driven murder case as we know them today.

Thomas A. Critchley was her coauthor.

It is a very good movie and, the way I saw it, implied that Parry did it although it didn't show him doing it or flatly say he did it.

I think the movie was made shortly after Parry died and Parkes came out with his assertions so that may have colored their views a bit.

I suppose they were playing it safe legally.

That movie comes recommended by me.

Gary Mavers is the actors name.

Hi stan. In response to your question, is it any good?
i personally think that this book mainly covers already discussed theories and introduces the authors own view of events which in my opinion is quite frankly too far fetched to be credible.

however he does reference a diary left by mr wallace in which he makes reference to a book which he had read allegedly in the run up to his wifes murder. The author mr gannon then erroneously states that the author named in this diary "does not exist".

my own research has led me to believe that the book to which Mr Wallace alludes in his diary, is indeed a real book which was written by john kirkwood leys. and was intriguingly called "under a mask". this book was indeed published in the very year mentioned by mr wallace and adds extra mystery to this case.

i suspect that this may well be a cryptic clue accidentally left behind by mr wallace..........or it could be just another red herring!

i have so far been unable to ascertain exactly what kind of book under a mask is. but i suspect it may well have been a murder/mystery or thriller type book

i would be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

I found a little info on the author.
http://www.victorianresearch.org/atcl/show_author.php?aid=556

I have yet to find any indepth info on Under a Mask.
You can read a book of his called The Broken Fetter (1905) for free…..
https://archive.org/details/brokenfetter00leysgoog

If I find anymore info I will share it.
This case has always interested me.

Wallace did fancy himself a scholar and smarter than most.

Wallace and Parry both had an ego so that's one way they were alike.

A lot of books about this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KWhitaker
Back