GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I've seen so many fire vehicles at a (non fire) crime scene before is when investigators have found a meth lab.

I'm so very sorry to report this it's a latest article. Karen's family and friends are in my prayers.

"Police have confirmed human remains have been found in the search for a missing Irish student in Glasgow.

Karen Buckley, 24, has been missing since the early hours of Sunday when clubbing in Glasgow's west end.

Following her disappearance a major search was launched, with police helicopters and diving teams joining the operation"

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/317...lice-find-human-remains-at-farm-near-glasgow/

Statement from police

A statement from officers said: "Police Scotland officers have recovered human remains on a farm in the north Glasgow, on the outskirts of Milngavie.

"Formal identification has yet to take place, however, police believe that they may be those of missing woman Karen Buckley. Relatives are aware.

"Enquiries are continuing."

I don't think it is the farm buildings where police are, it is the surrounding land. The farm is being mentioned as a geographical reference. There has been some mention of the golf course to the south so I think it is somewhere in between the two. There seems to be lots of water

Stv reputable source. Not one bit surprised but my heart still sank.

Such sad, sad news. Rest in peace Karen. Deepest condolences to all her family and friends.

Anyone else see that article on the express about the remains being referred to as 'body parts' which is now deleted?

what a complete mess they have made of reporting this case.

RIP Karen. My heart breaks for your family. Your poor brothers on their way from Aus. What an awful journey with such sad news at the end. So angry and so sad. I just don't understand why he had to kill her.

NO! NO! I was expecting this but didn't want to hear it. Damn! Why? Oh man I feel so sad and angry at this, a young nurse out having a good time and it ends like this. Damn!

:(

Don't like when they say human remains. My minds racing to Becky Watts, I don't know why :(

RIP Karen.

It was the news we were all expecting, but there was still a part of me hoping she'd be found injured but alive somewhere. My thoughts are with her family.

Anyone else see that article on the express about the remains being referred to as 'body parts' which is now deleted?

what a complete mess they have made of reporting this case.

I saw reports in two newspapers, both of which were deleted. Links to them were tweeted by a few people and they're still out there. Very odd - it looks like media had info much earlier but possibly pulled it at police request? Hard to believe they'd have posted such news without a solid, official source; even if it was unofficial, if you know what I mean.

When I seen the express writing body parts my mind went straight to poor Becky and thought oh no not again.

The Express is a joke of a newspaper in my opinion I wouldn't trust them to tell the time.

The police and fire brigade personnel are in my prayers as well they have done a great job in this case it must be terrible for them.

I'm not sure Karen's brother will have made it all the way from Sydney yet, but I'm sure someone will have got the news to him if he's still in the air and the airline crew will be taking very, very good care of him.

The Express is a joke of a newspaper in my opinion I wouldn't trust them to tell the time.

The police and fire brigade personnel are in my prayers as well they have done a great job in this case it must be terrible for them.

The Glasgow police really did seem to pull out all the stops to try and find her. If she'd had any chance I think they would have been able to save her, but sadly I think she was probably dead before she was even reported missing.

I'm not sure Karen's brother will have made it all the way from Sydney yet, but I'm sure someone will have got the news to him if he's still in the air and the airline crew will be taking very, very good care of him.

Personally I hope they wait to tell him in person with his family he will likely be distraught. Everyone is rallying round the family both here in Scotland and Ireland.

I saw reports in two newspapers, both of which were deleted. Links to them were tweeted by a few people and they're still out there. Very odd - it looks like media had info much earlier but possibly pulled it at police request? Hard to believe they'd have posted such news without a solid, official source; even if it was unofficial, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, they can still be located if you search 'body parts found' on Google with time period set to the last hour. Not my proudest googling moment! The links are unavailable when you click into them though. I completely agree the press knew early on. I think they've been asked to delay releasing the information out of respect to the family who were travelling over from Australia.

Gregjrichards - 100% agree regarding the express. Up there with Daily Mail for shoddy journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18