GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbreaking news.

Rest in Peace Karen. It may be difficult to appreciate at the moment but her family can take her home now. They can say their goodbyes and lay her to rest in her homeplace. I pray that will give them some comfort in the days, and years, ahead.

Police Scotland deserve so much credit for the manner in which they have conducted this investigation, for the very moment they received the call from Karen's friends on Sunday morning.

It seems attempts were made to conceal the body, possibly burning. It doesn't bear thinking about. I hope justice is served for Karen.

https://www.facebook.com/GreaterGlasgowPoliceDivision

some interesting comments on here and equally some interesting replies ......... explains something re the farm

Alyce, I can't find anything interesting about the farm, what was it?
I did see a post alluding to the fact he had done something bad before and got away with it, and that anyone who knew about it would have no doubt he could harm another person.

279EFC1E00000578-3039423-image-m-4_1429166397532.jpg

From the Daily Mail

I did see a post alluding to the fact he had done something bad before and got away with it, and that anyone who knew about it would have no doubt he could harm another person.

If you look under the comments - 4 hours ago ref TAR .........

and the replies to this one .............. 2 hrs ago L R

hope that helps

If you look under the comments - 4 hours ago ref TAR .........

and the replies to this one .............. 2 hrs ago L R

hope that helps

Nope! Can't find either, struggling! Can you paraphrase please?

Rumor there on FB he had been targeting her at the club for a good while. Chatting her up and getting friendly on previous nights. TIFWIW

Yes, I saw that one as well...

The names of the owners of the farm (which is also a B&B) are easy to find, and it's not his mum. Unless they're tenants, seems unlikely. I reckon there'll be a connection somewhere though, he may well have been familiar with the property.

No one should go out with friends & not return home. Such sad news for the family & friends of Karen Buckley. Thoughts & prayers go out to them :heart:✨ x x x

I wouldn't place too much reliance on most of the people posting on that Police FB page. It's mostly just guesswork afaics.

Too true. I doubt the farm is hers. Car, maybe, though if he's the director of a courier firm you'd think he'd have his own.

Too true. I doubt the farm is hers. Car, maybe, though if he's the director of a courier firm you'd think he'd have his own.

He's a 21 year old convicted criminal, my bet is if he's a director of anything it's just on paper, no way has he set up a courier business - JMO of course

He's a 21 year old convicted criminal, my bet is if he's a director of anything it's just on paper, no way has he set up a courier business - JMO of course

He was privately educated, unsure to what level though so it is plausible he had his own business.

I suppose a "man and van" could be described as a "courier business" :) Things can be made to sound grander than they are.

Apparently, from what I can see on line, a conviction for fraud does not automatically bar a person from becoming a Company Director ( or retaining their directorship if it was held pre the conviction ).
Perhaps it depends on the level, as in seriousness, of the conviction. Fom what I remember, he never got the opportunity to circulate the fraudulent notes before he was caught.
Having said that, Directorships come in all shapes and sizes and as Cherwell says, man and van can qualify.

Apparently, from what I can see on line, a conviction for fraud does not automatically bar a person from becoming a Company Director ( or retaining their directorship if it was held pre the conviction ).
Perhaps it depends on the level, as in seriousness, of the conviction. Fom what I remember, he never got the opportunity to circulate the fraudulent notes before he was caught.
Having said that, Directorships come in all shapes and sizes and as Cherwell says, man and van can qualify.

Yes, you're right, I wasn't clear enough, I don't think he's barred from being a director (although I don't know Scottish company law) I just thinks it's highly unlikely that he's managed to set up a courier business in the time since he was convicted.

I like the suggestion of man and a van though and if he did have a van it might have made it easier to hide Karen

I know loads of people who are 'Company Directors', but whose companies are barely trading. Its just an inflated title to make themselves sound more successful then they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx