Found Deceased UK - Katie Foulds, 22, South Promenade, St Anne’s, 10 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Despite this police report, the family are a bit angry the way this has come across. They do think it was Katie but there is no evidence she entered the water, only walking to the water. This was about 4.30 pm, there must of been dog walkers / other people about. If u wanted to go in the water and not be seen u might wait a couple of hours so its dark and might not be seen.

Seen this case in the local news and have been intrigued by it, so just thought I'd share some information and thoughts regarding to it.

Firstly a map of the area, I've identified the position of the point where the CCTV footage was taken by the red circle.

9cGRc8o.png

So on the CCTV footage Katie is clearly walking down past the side of the buildings (which would have all been closed due to current lockdown restrictions here in the UK) towards the beach and the car park at the back.

Timeline - February 10th
3:48pm - Time of CCTV footage
around 4:14pm - Last spotted close to Pleasure Island
approx. 4:27pm - Drone footage shows a figure walking down the beach towards the water, close to South Promenade

I also noted she appeared to be carrying a handbag (?) in her right hand and something in her left hand (someone already pointed out this likely to be her phone?). The walk from the crossing on the CCTV footage towards the beach is only a short walk (only a few minutes) so it seems likely that she either went back to her car, if it was parked out back there, or just continued to stay around that general area. The last spotting some 26 minutes later seems to suggest she didn't head straight down towards the beach and water, at least not immediately (if we are to believe the drone footage is her).

Seen this case in the local news and have been intrigued by it, so just thought I'd share some information and thoughts regarding to it.

Firstly a map of the area, I've identified the position of the point where the CCTV footage was taken by the red circle.

9cGRc8o.png

So on the CCTV footage Katie is clearly walking down past the side of the buildings (which would have all been closed due to current lockdown restrictions here in the UK) towards the beach and the car park at the back.

Timeline - February 10th
approx. 4:27pm - Drone footage shows a figure walking down the beach towards the water, close to South Promenade

I also noted she appeared to be carrying a handbag (?) in her right hand and something in her left hand (someone already pointed out this likely to be her phone?). The walk from the crossing on the CCTV footage towards the beach is only a short walk (only a few minutes) so it seems likely that she either went back to her car, if it was parked out back there, or just continued to stay around that general area. The last spotting some 26 minutes later seems to suggest she didn't head straight down towards the beach and water, at least not immediately (if we are to believe the drone footage is her).
Welcome to Ws midnight_oil, thanks for the informative post!

9cGRc8o.png

Timeline - February 10th

Thanks for this.
Yes she was carrying a handbag, likely her phone in her hand too.

Are there any benches on the prom. sea front she could have sat on?
Procrastinating/ruminating/praying possibly? JMO

Last edited:
I think this girl went into the water to be with the Lord.
I kind of laughed at the cult thing at first, then I checked out a "found God"-person on her page and she made some sus comments about the afterlife on his FB in early February. The post is a picture with the saying "You have two natures. One of them leads to destruction and must die."
These type people must be doing great "recruiting" in these covid-days. :eek:
I guess she could also have been picked up by some nefarious person she met online, but the drone footage is concerning.
Wherever she went I hope she's found peace.
all jmo.
ps. to save anyone frustration, the guy commented on her last IG picture, username m.........., I Google searched his name + Christ.

I think this girl went into the water to be with the Lord.
I kind of laughed at the cult thing at first, then I checked out a "found God"-person on her page and she made some sus comments about the afterlife on his FB in early February. The post is a picture with the saying "You have two natures. One of them leads to destruction and must die."
These type people must be doing great "recruiting" in these covid-days. :eek:
I guess she could also have been picked up by some nefarious person she met online, but the drone footage is concerning.
Wherever she went I hope she's found peace.
all jmo.
ps. to save anyone frustration, the guy commented on her last IG picture, username m.........., I Google searched his name + Christ.

Agree.
It was I who mentioned the 'cult' after searching like you did - Highly speculative but, 'teachings' can be interpreted in so many different ways depending on the state of mind of the person at the time, that's not to say I believe someone could be manipulated in any way TO walk into the water, but when someone is SO vulnerable, possibly depressed and irrational, it could be a way of 'finding peace' and going to a 'loving' place.
JMO

RIP Katie
A body has been found in the search for missing woman Katie Foulds.

We were called around 5.30pm on April 19 to reports a body had been found at the docks at Bootle, Merseyside.

A Home Office post mortem was conducted to help identify the body and initially proved inconclusive. However, following further tests, we can now confirm the body found is Katie, 22, who went missing from home in Blackburn on February 10 and was seen later that day in St Annes.

The death is not being treated as suspicious.

Katie’s family have been informed and are being supported by officers.

These are very sad and tragic circumstances and our thoughts remain with them at this difficult time.

So so tragic. I think sadly this is a case of religiously motivated suicide. Without reading too much into it, 4 out of her last 10 Instagram posts are bodies of water, and the captions on them, especially this one, are quite revealing. What a deeply upsetting case. My thoughts are with her family.

Katies religion beliefs have been mentioned on this thread. I thought this was interesting.

Dr West, who profiled Jill Dando's killer for police, strongly disagreed with Katie's diagnosis of schizotypal personality disorder and believed that she was suffering from a psychosis which could have responded well to anti-psychotic medication.

He made reference to Katie's religious beliefs and said he thought "she might have walked into the sea to baptise herself to join Jesus in the context of a psychotic illness".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back