GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ummm...

Whatever scathing words the Judge told him, I don't think they made any impression on him, as, in my opinion, he seems to be a psychopath.

Also, at his age of nearly 90, staying in prison will be like staying in a nursing home for seniors.

I mean - 24/7 care, warm cell + meals 3 times a day.
Not to mention, doctors and nurses on demand.

The punishment is symbolic.
But, at least, his poor wife got Justice.

RIP to poor abused wife.

MOO!!!
He's definitely short on empathy, has no remorse, had numerous affairs, was calculating and able to dismiss what he had done and live a lie, knowing BV was close by for half a lifetime.

These traits would place him within the dark triad of narcissism/machiavellianism and psychopathy.

I wish there was a forensic psychology/psychiatry report available to understand more about DV.

I bet he'll be constantly malingering in an effort to get compassionate release.
I doubt he's got anywhere or anyone to go to.

Reggie Kray only received compassionate release from HMP Wayland when he was in the final stages of his cancer.

I think final stages of life/palliative care is the only reason for compassionate release for offenders with non-determinate sentences.

The Home Secretary would need to authorise it......the current one wouldn't even look at the paper, let alone sign it.

I don't think even expert malingering would achieve DV's aims.

I hope you are right!
I really do :)
I do hope so. Alas, I am often wrong!

I thought he'd get twenty years. Maybe the Judge is a softer touch that me ;) She was quite severe with what she said, that has been reported though.

I'd like to see the Judges remarks on the allowance she gave for aggravating and mitigating factors. I'll try to find them in the days ahead.

I think it is fitting that DV's years of concealing his crime and the freedom he enjoyed now mean that he will know he'll never taste freedom again. I wouldn't underestimate how soul destroying he will find that.

No emotion or remorse when others are talking about what he did to her... but finally shows emotion at the prospect of being in prison for the rest of his life. Selfish, evil man. I'd bet in his mind he's the one who has been wronged in all this.

I doubt he's got anywhere or anyone to go to.

Reggie Kray only received compassionate release from HMP Wayland when he was in the final stages of his cancer.

I think final stages of life/palliative care is the only reason for compassionate release for offenders with non-determinate sentences.

The Home Secretary would need to authorise it......the current one wouldn't even look at the paper, let alone sign it.

I don't think even expert malingering would achieve DV's aims.
Oh, I'm not saying he'd get it! :p
I'm saying he'll try.

Thanks Legally, interesting reading. I had always thought Brenda's friend called round on Tuesday May 4 and DV was then almost pushed into calling the police that day to report Brenda as missing. But it seems the friend visited on the Monday. So DV waited over 24 hours to make his report.

Also I still cannot comprehend how he was able to *refuse permission* for Brenda to be admitted to hospital for medical treatment.
This was the 1980s not the dark ages, surely it was not up to him to make this decision.

This is a point that keeps me wondering. The state that the septic tank was in, and its surroundings.
If the area was overgrown, with bushes or with weeds, you'd expect to find traces. Disturbances. Traces from someone who has had to move through the bushes with a body. Or traces that the lid had been lifted.

Our own septic tank, now no longer in use, was located at the end of the lawn (cough) and it was covered with grass. The lid was a concrete slab that covered the entire tank, on top of it was grass on 5 cm of soil, that grass never grew as healthy as the rest of the lawn.
We had to open the tank a few times, wich meant removing sods of grass and lifting the concrete slab. Never managed to put everything back the way it was.
IMO it is difficult to remove an overgrown cover and put it back as if nothing has happened. Even more so if DV hid the body at night or at the break of dawn.

Septic tanks were / are the norm in rural areas where houses are few and far away. The police should have been aware. Apparently they missed the entire plot.

The sentencing remarks describe the situation more fully:

"In 1982 the septic tank at Quaking House Farm House was outside the garden of your
home, behind the boundary hedge. It was hidden from view in another hedge, where there
were lots of damson bushes, the grass was rough, and the vegetation overgrown. You
knew that, apart from two or three people on your farm, no one else knew there was a
septic tank at Quaking House Farm House or where it was. It was extremely difficult to
find, unless you actually knew it was there."

Also I still cannot comprehend how he was able to *refuse permission* for Brenda to be admitted to hospital for medical treatment.
This was the 1980s not the dark ages, surely it was not up to him to make this decision.
I read that as him controlling her, not that he had any official say in it. He probably just forbade her, although controlling types can also have quite subtle ways of stopping their victims from doing something.

Appearing via a video link from prison, Venables challenged whether he should be liable to pay compensation, insisting that he hopes to appeal his murder conviction - and if ultimately proved innocent the case against him would be worthless.

But the judge said Venables had given no details of any grounds of appeal he wants to pursue and granted 'summary judgment' on the estate's claim based on the murderous assault, although put off to another date the assessment of how much the estate should get.

The family's lawyer Mr Collins said it would be 'entirely inappropriate' for Venables to be allowed to continue as his wife's personal representative, when he had been her killer.

Although agreeing that there is a 'clear case for removing Venables as personal representative,' the judge said the issue would have to be decided by another court with specific powers to deal with such matters. [...]

The case will return to court for an assessment of damages for the attack on Brenda and for the application to remove Venables as the personal representative of the estate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back