Found Deceased UK - Ky Parker, 37, last seen leaving home in Roker area of Sunderland, 23 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes i saw that there taking down the group. It is always a bit defeatist seeing this but i can understand it. From the family perspective it does send your emotions on a rollercoaster when leads come in only to be dashed later. Either way Ky still needs to be found. I do worry that the family think he might never be.

Sad update on Ky.
#UPDATE: Officers searching for missing Sunderland man Ky Parker have sadly found a body.

Ky, 37, was reported missing in the early hours of May 23 after he was last seen leaving an address in the Bede Street area of the city about 1am.

A search was immediately launched for Ky and we established his likely route on the morning in question – with a man matching his description spotted walking along the riverside path that goes past the National Glass Centre towards the Wearmouth Bridge.

Enquiries to locate Ky have focused around that location but sadly last night a body was discovered in the River Wear.

Formal identification is yet to take place but officers do believe the body is that of Ky. Officers have informed his family and are offering them support at this devastating time.

We do not believe there to be any third party involvement in the death and a report will be made for the coroner.

This is the update that we did not want to deliver and our thoughts go out to Ky’s family, friends and all who knew him. We will continue to offer them any support that they need as they attempt to come to terms with this tragic news.

As part of our search for Ky, we released details to the media and ran a public appeal for information in the hope that we could locate him safe and well, but sadly that has not proven possible.

We are sad that we could not bring you more positive news, but would like to offer a sincere thanks to Ky’s family and the entire community who rallied behind our search and helped to ensure the appeal to find him was spread far and wide.

The community really came together to support us in a collective bid to locate Ky, and for that we are incredibly grateful.

Also a big thanks to all the officers, staff and volunteers involved in the extensive search for Ky over the last two weeks – it is very much appreciated.

A body has been found in the search for missing Sunderland dad Ky Parker, police have confirmed.

The 37-year-old was last seen leaving a home in the Bede Street area of Roker, Sunderland, at around 1am on Sunday, May 23.

Northumbria Police launched a search for Ky and established his likely route on the morning in question.

A man matching his description was spotted walking along the riverside path that goes past the National Glass Centre towards the Wearmouth Bridge.

But police confirmed that a body was discovered in the River Wear on Monday morning.

Although formal identification is yet to take place, officers believe the body is that of Ky.

Body found in River Wear believed to be Sunderland dad

The family of missing Sunderland dad Ky Parker have paid tribute to a ‘well-loved’ and ‘funny’ man after a body which is believed to be Ky was found in the River Wear.

His heart-broken family have now paid tribute to the ‘well-loved’ father.

Ky’s girlfriend Charley Louise Smith said: “Ky was a funny, loud, big character that will be missed by so many.

"He was one of a kind and I don't think I will ever have the pleasure of meeting anyone else quite like him.”

"He was one of a kind" - Family pay tribute following death of missing Sunderland man Ky Parker

On Tuesday June 15, Sunderland’s senior coroner Derek Winter opened an inquest into Ky’s death at a short hearing at Sunderland Civic Centre.

Mr Winter confirmed further inquiries were required and adjourned the hearing until the provisional date of Wednesday, July 21.

The funeral service will be held on Wednesday, June 23 at 10.30am at Tynemouth Crematorium.

His mam Julie Parker from Wallsend, where Ky is originally from said: “We all think the world of him and everyone is still in shock but we’re pleased we’ve finally got him back.

"There’s a massive hole left in our family but we all loved him and he loved us – He was a very popular person and will be terribly missed by so many.”

Ky’s family have said everyone is welcome to attend the service outside and to join them at the Sportsman pub on Cawthorne Terrace near to the Crematorium after the service.

Family and girlfriend of Ky Parker share funeral arrangements after tragic death of 'much-loved' Sunderland dad

Ky Parker from Roker, tragically died during the early hours of Sunday, May 23, after he disappeared from home, leading to those closest to him express concerns for his whereabouts.

Police launched an investigation into his disappearance, with family and friends organising their own searches for Ky.

At an inquest hearing into the 37-year-old’s death on Wednesday, July 21, Sunderland's Senior Coroner Derek Winter ruled that Ky’s death was one of suicide on the balance of probabilities after hearing evidence from Coroner's Officer Vicky Ross.

When giving his conclusion, Mr Winter acknowledged Ky’s family, who were in attendance, by commenting: “I know it has been a tough time and I wish we could have met in better circumstances.

"My condolences to you all as Ky’s family and friends.”

Inquest held into the tragic death of much-loved Sunderland dad Ky Parker

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces