Found Deceased UK - Kyle Sambrook, 33, missing hiker with dog, not returned from camping trip, car found Glencoe, Scotland 18th Feb 2023.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They will now be searching the deep gulleys. The latest post on the Glencoe Mountain Rescue Facebook page shows the nature of the terrain they are working on.

I hope everyone keeps safe, it can't be easy. Hopefully they can find him and his dog by tonight.

They will now be searching the deep gulleys. The latest post on the Glencoe Mountain Rescue Facebook page shows the nature of the terrain they are working on.

Wow! That terrain is incredibly gorgeous, but incredibly scary and difficult to search as well.
I hope the SAR team stays safe.

Unfortunately really sad news. RIP Kyle & Bane.
MISSING PERSON UPDATE

At 1415 hours on 25th February 2023, the bodies of a male and a dog believed to be that of Missing man Kyle Sambrook and his dog Bane were recovered by Mountain Rescue Teams and HM Coastguard in the Glencoe Area.

The family has been notified, and a formal ID will occur in due course.

The Family have thanked all involved in searching for Kyle and Bane and requested that their privacy be respected at this time.

Our thoughts remain with Kyle’s family, and we support them at this difficult time.

Unfortunately really sad news. RIP Kyle & Bane.
MISSING PERSON UPDATE

At 1415 hours on 25th February 2023, the bodies of a male and a dog believed to be that of Missing man Kyle Sambrook and his dog Bane were recovered by Mountain Rescue Teams and HM Coastguard in the Glencoe Area.

The family has been notified, and a formal ID will occur in due course.

The Family have thanked all involved in searching for Kyle and Bane and requested that their privacy be respected at this time.

Our thoughts remain with Kyle’s family, and we support them at this difficult time.

Oh no!
So sad.

Really heartbreaking. Thoughts are with his family and loved ones. I don't want to sound awful or speculate but I do wonder what happened for both Kyle and his dog to both be found deceased. I hope whatever happened, they didn't suffer. He sounded like a genuinely good egg from everything I've followed.

Really heartbreaking. Thoughts are with his family and loved ones. I don't want to sound awful or speculate but I do wonder what happened for both Kyle and his dog to both be found deceased. I hope whatever happened, they didn't suffer. He sounded like a genuinely good egg from everything I've followed.
Most fatalities occur as a result of a slip or a trip with most incidents occurring when the weather is fine. It is also interesting to note that most incidents occur on the path or near steep ground. The most frequently rescued age category is males 26-35 years old.

Glencoe Mountain Rescue statement:

"Yesterday afternoon, volunteer rescuers searching for Kyle Sambrook found the bodies of a man and a dog in a deep gorge above the Fionn Ghleann.

An attempt was made to recover them by helicopter but was unsuccessful due to the terrain, the helicopter was then re-tasked meaning they had to be lowered and carried off the hill by hand.

GMR were joined by Tweed Valley MRT and Oban MRT in a long operation bringing the two down.

We would like to thank Lochaber Mountain Rescue Team, Oban Mountain Rescue Team, Arran Mountain Rescue Team Search & Rescue Dog Association (Scotland), Tweed Valley Mountain Rescue Team, RAF Leeming MRT, Police Scotland MRT, HM Coastguard - Highland Rescue 151 and Rescue 199 for their invaluable help over the last 4 days.

Also thank you for the great response from the hill going public to the requests for information.
Our thoughts are with Kyle's family and friends at this time."

GMR

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar